Laziness and Fixation

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.
Juno

Laziness and Fixation

Post by Juno » Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:27 pm

I have never been a lazy person in my whole life. One of the most driven people. Once the shift of oneness occured I've experienced a lot of days of not doing much. Something unheard of before. I enjoyed a lot of it when I wasen't fixated. Yesterday I had one of the most lazy days and I wasen't diggin it. I prefer to be creating. So this morning I realized I was fixating in the formless and it felt like the sun came up with that realization once again. Today there will be a lot that get's done I can tell : ) I wanted to share that I've realized when I'm having one of those lazy days it can be a pointer that I'm fixating. We will see how this goes when I have another lazy day that doesen't feel right. I'm not over board where if I need a lazy day I will take it but there is a difference in those kinds of days and the fixated days. The fixated days my head feels like it's in a fog. I'm happy to have had this realization. Laziness may equal fixation. Somthing to be aware of.
by thinking of something you create an entity and by thinking of nothing you create another. Let such erroneous thinking perish utterly, and then nothing will remain for you to go seeking!
Huang Po

tod

Re: Laziness and Fixation

Post by tod » Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:34 am

It makes no essential difference whether a view is that I am lazy, busy, right, wrong, in a fog, out of it, etc. What makes an essential difference here is not fixating in a view.

Juno

Post by Juno » Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:59 am

What makes an essential difference here is not fixating in a view.
Exactly....... But that fixation makes me miserable so it does matter and that may be incorrectly said as if there is someone here to be miserable but I'm not fixating on any particular view about it at the moment. Realization of fixation has always been a relief to this body/mind.
by thinking of something you create an entity and by thinking of nothing you create another. Let such erroneous thinking perish utterly, and then nothing will remain for you to go seeking!
Huang Po

tod

Post by tod » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:55 am

Juno wrote:
What makes an essential difference here is not fixating in a view.
Exactly....... But that fixation makes me miserable so it does matter and that may be incorrectly said as if there is someone here to be miserable but I'm not fixating on any particular view about it at the moment. Realization of fixation has always been a relief to this body/mind.
"What makes an essential difference here is not fixating in a view" is not a fixation, it's a view. And yes, fixating (dwelling) in any view can be miserable.

Dwelling in or on views is a habit, which includes the habit of dwelling in habits (views) of not dwelling, eg "I'm not fixating on any particular view about it at the moment".

Juno

Post by Juno » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:54 am

I know you get this but it's fun to talk about fixations anyway.

For example we humans tend to think generosity is good and greed is bad. A view that keeps us in a perpetual loop of suffering. All mind. When the generous person thinks the greedy person shouldn't be greedy who's being generous? Our views create a type of violence on ourselves and others. Fixations on view's and ideas keep us stuck in suffering. In this instance I was speaking of fixating on formlessness which created suffering through lazieness. When I snapped out of that view/fixation of formlessness I stopped suffering. Just a natural by product of non-fixation. Reminds me of the saying Adya always quotes of Jesus. Something like this " Only the birds in the trees and the foxes in the holes have places to rest their head, but mankind has none.
Huang Po