Awareness of Chinese Tea

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.
Tony-S-Ma

Awareness of Chinese Tea

Post by Tony-S-Ma » Mon May 18, 2009 12:36 pm

I am not a great story teller. My experience with Chinese Tea may illustrate something about Awareness. About 5 years ago, I decided to cut myself off from "spirituality". On the Christmas day, I happened to taste a Chinese tea, a gift to my Aunt by somebody. I never had any interest in Chinese tea by this time even though I drank it regularly. But on that day, I was impressed very much by the tea. For next two years, my spare time was totally immersed into studying Chinese teas. I spent over $20,000 dollars on trying different grades and types of Chinese teas in Vancouver area. In the process, I discovered that I have some tasting talent for Chinese teas.

Of course, about two years after this, I was back into "spirituality". My tea interest has not been much in my life. Just recently, I have befriended a co-worker who came to my company about two years ago. Today, after talking about Chinese tea together, I suddenly recognized that he is a Chinese Tea Expert. Now I have the opportunity to taste some rare Chinese teas not available on the open market. My taste buds are dancing now.

An interest on the back burner suddenly comes forward like a lightening. Now I can get some top grade Chinese teas at unimaginable low price due to his connections in China.

Living with more awareness is wonderful.

johny

Re: Awareness of Chinese Tea

Post by johny » Mon May 18, 2009 12:50 pm

Well I like tomato soup. Don't care whether it's natural or artificial.
Surrendered laziness is my birth right --Johny
If your post/response was more than 5 lines I probably have not/will not read it. Drop me a PM if you want me to.

Tony-S-Ma

Post by Tony-S-Ma » Mon May 18, 2009 5:52 pm

Artificial tomato soup? Wow, can somebody make tomato soup without tomatoes?

johny

Post by johny » Mon May 18, 2009 7:09 pm

I meant as in made from tomatoes or from the powder thing.
Surrendered laziness is my birth right --Johny
If your post/response was more than 5 lines I probably have not/will not read it. Drop me a PM if you want me to.

Peaceman

Post by Peaceman » Wed May 20, 2009 9:53 pm

:lol: LOL or Heinz too much salt tomato soup now thats artificial! But your story of Tea was fascinating and I do understand what you mean about living by awareness, things HAPPEN, yes I understand that Tony. You are very lucky. I have had it happen to me once or twice I just wish it were more often!! It is mind boggling what COULD happen. I dont think people realise how powerful and wonderful it is, they think its boring "sitting facing a wall" and all that but it certainly isnt. You must have very high powers of concentration?!! ( for the tea tasting I mean!) I love the philosophy of the tea ceremony.
And johny....start your own thread....Awareness of tomato soup...although I guess you are not present enough yet to meet Andy Warhol!!

Tony-S-Ma

Post by Tony-S-Ma » Thu May 21, 2009 1:22 am

Peaceman,

You made my day. Not all efforts are useless or wasted. It fills one with joy when unexpected return happens after a long trip with Awareness. In comparison, winning a debate, or solving a Math problem become little child's plays. Short trips with Awareness are also joyous. I understand that many ancient masters got it from living simply. Simplifying the busy modern life may do the same trick. One may not need to go through all those complected meditation techniques. However, it seems that people have to run out of the searching energy within them in order to get to the simplicity.

As some have said "Just flip to the other side."