The life and path of the Frequency Holder

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.
FrequencyHolder

The life and path of the Frequency Holder

Post by FrequencyHolder » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:47 am

Oh dear. Where to start. You know---at one point I was actually questioning whether I fit the description of a frequency holder. Ha, now it has become overwhelmingly apparent to me how well I fit this description.

I never really feel at home. Even at home. Even in the home where I grew up. There is always this underlying feeling of unease----as though I'm never in the right space at the right time. I prefer to be alone mostly. Being around others, no matter how close and authentic the relationship, just feels like an act---a fulfillment of some role.

I get exhausted very easily----by the simplest of things----by the kindest of people. I just don't feel at home here----I just don't feel comfortable in this place----on this earth, in this body.... I don't think anyone but another 'frequency holder' can fully understand how it feels----and even though I now know why I feel this way, knowing doesn't make it feel any better---any easier, any more comfortable.

The life of a frequency holder is sometimes quite solitary, lonesome, and sad.

Ananda

Re: The life and path of the Frequency Holder

Post by Ananda » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:24 am

A frequency holder? do you mind explaining what that is, exactly?

"I just don't feel comfortable in this place----on this earth, in this body.... "

That's because really you are not in any place on the earth, or in the body, despite what thoughts have to say on the matter. Where you are is home already, so go to where you are- which is yourself :)

FrequencyHolder

Post by FrequencyHolder » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:31 am

Quoted from A New Earth:

“THE FREQUENCY-HOLDERS

The outward movement into form does not express itself with equal intensity in all people. Some feel a strong urge to build, create, become involved, achieve, make an impact upon the world. If they are unconscious, their ego will, of course, take over and use the energy of the outgoing cycle for its own purposes. This, however, also greatly reduces the flow of creative energy available to them and increasingly they need to rely on ‘efforting’ to get what they want. If they are conscious, those people in whom the outward movement is strong will be highly creative. Others, after the natural expansion that comes with growing up has run its course, lead an outwardly unremarkable, seemingly more passive and relatively uneventful existence.

They are more inward looking by nature, and for them the outward movement into form is minimal. They would rather return home than go out. They have no desire to get strongly involved in or change the world. If they have any ambitions, they usually don’t go beyond finding something to do that gives them a degree of independence. Some of them find it hard to fit into this world. Some are lucky enough to find a protective niche where they can lead a relatively sheltered life, a job that provides them with a regular income or a small business of their own. Some may feel drawn toward living in a spiritual community or monastery. Others may become dropouts and live on the margins of a society they feel they have little in common with. Some turn to drugs because they find living in this world too painful. Others eventually become healers or spiritual teachers, that is to say, teachers of Being.

In past ages, they would probably have been called contemplatives. There is no place for them, it seems, in our contemporary civilization. On the arising new earth, however, their role is just as vital as that of the creators, the doers, the reformers. Their function is to anchor the frequency of the new consciousness on this planet. I call them the frequency-holders. They are here to generate consciousness through the activities of daily life, through their interactions with others as well as through ‘just being.’

In this way, they endow the seemingly insignificant with profound meaning. Their task is to bring spacious stillness into this world by being absolutely present in whatever they do. There is consciousness and therefore quality in what they do, even the simplest task. Their purpose is to do everything in a sacred manner. As each human being is an integral part of the collective human consciousness, they affect the world much more deeply than is visible on the surface of their lives.”

student2u

Post by student2u » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:47 am

Did Eckhart also use the term frequency keeper? Does it mean the same with frequency holder in his term? (sorry to jump in)
The Truth is revealed when the mind is completely out of the way...

Ananda

Post by Ananda » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:57 am

Oooooh, sounds a bit like my situation :lol:

student2u

Post by student2u » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:05 am

You are having fun, aren'tcha, Ananda? :wink:

"Frequency holder" or "frequency keeper", are they labels in a way? My understanding is that we are not to label things or people (including ourselves) if we are to be (fully) awakened?

p.s. I'm not sure why but I seem to have lots of questions today :P

Ananda

Post by Ananda » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:21 am

Don't need to do anything in order to be yourself. If you want to 'awaken' to yourself, then be aware of yourself. :lol:
Labeling/thinking are irrelevant to who you are, it still happens, even after you recognise yourself.

student2u

Post by student2u » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:33 am

Thanks Ananda - for pointing that out...it sets me free again in a way :D

kiki

Post by kiki » Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:43 am

I've never given much thought to the term "frequency holder"; in fact, I don't give much thought to anything any more. However, I find ET's description of it interesting, even if it is just more mental gymnastics trying to explain things on the level of form. Ultimately it doesn't matter if you are one or not because you as a separate entity don't exist. This idea may appeal to the mind, however, and give solace to those who struggle in the world of form as a way of explaining their view of how they fit into this world.

Ananda hit the nail right on the head when he said:
Labeling/thinking are irrelevant to who you are, it still happens, even after you recognise yourself.
If labeling yourself creates a new identity that you can get lost in then you may find yourself suffering again, even if it's a cool label like frequency holder. It can be a seductive thing to think of yourself this way and it can be made into an excuse to hide out in.

So, what am I saying? Just this: be what you are, even if in the world of form it amounts to what ET calls a "frequency holder". But do so without thinking about it, without identifying with it. Even that label is just too much complexity because it engages the mind, and anything in the mind can be identified with. You are simplicity itself, totally beyond the mind. Just my 2 cents.
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---

Sighclone

Post by Sighclone » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:34 am

Eckhart also says that there are just three modalities of awakened doing: acceptance, joy, and enthusiasm. None of them cause stress. He says:
You need to be vigilant to make sure that one of them operates when you are engaged in doing anything at all...If you are not in the state of acceptance, joy, or enthusiasm, look closely and you will find that you are creating suffering for yourself and others..
(from ANE, p. 295)

This is true even for frequency-holders...

I'll bet you can improve on something, FH...

Namatse, Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce

FrequencyHolder

Post by FrequencyHolder » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:04 am

Kiki, I didn't consider a frequency holder to be a "cool" label. It's a bit disheartening to me, actually.

Andy, how should I go about "improving" upon this?

thanks.

Sighclone

Post by Sighclone » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:19 am

FH -

Specifically, I don't know. But I'll bet that the last 50 pages of ANE will give you some pointers...

Also, if you are having some depression, possibly medication is in order for a month or two...Adya talks about this for some people. Moreover, Jac O'Keeffe says that a certain amount of "self-esteem" (normally a taboo concept in nonduality) is Ok if it includes 1) feeling lovable and 2) feeling capable. Sounds like you don't have much of either. Also sounds like you richly deserve both. Even Eckhart acknowledges that a minimum level of self-esteem is probably preferable to none (he had almost none before his shift.) If you are a frequency -holder, surely there is some quiet, peaceful contentment in your "work." Hey - why not write a poem or two...

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce

student2u

Post by student2u » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:10 am

... Their function is to anchor the frequency of the new consciousness on this planet. I call them the frequency-holders. They are here to generate consciousness through the activities of daily life, through their interactions with others as well as through "just being".
I feel I'm missing something. If FHs "have no desire to get strongly involved in or change the world" and some of them "may become dropouts", how can their function be "to anchor the frequency of the new consciousness on this planet...to generate consciousness through the activities of daily life, through their interactions with others..."? :?:

FrequencyHolder

Post by FrequencyHolder » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:52 am

thanks for the reply Andy. You are most certainly correct in pointing out the low self-esteem and depression. I felt as though I was getting better for a time, but I plummet back into it intermittently. I tried antidepressants for a month, and they did help, but they made me feel very strange, so I'm hesitant to try it again.

Honestly, the only relief I feel is when I'm under the influence of drugs. Not antidepressants, but marijuana, tranquilizers, sleeping pills, pain killers, etc. I hate alcohol, so I most certainly do not drink. However, the aforementioned substances make me feel lighter and somehow free and less attached to my form, and I think that's why I drift toward them.

I have abstained for periods of time, thinking that it would somehow help me and allow me to proceed forward in a spiritual sense. However, that has yet to happen. I have just recently begun pondering the idea that perhaps I have to accept that these substances are a part of my life for now, and stop loathing myself for feeling the need to use them.

I don't know. I guess I'm probably just, of course, thinking too much. Rambling on and on for sure.

FrequencyHolder

Post by FrequencyHolder » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:00 am

student2u wrote:
... Their function is to anchor the frequency of the new consciousness on this planet. I call them the frequency-holders. They are here to generate consciousness through the activities of daily life, through their interactions with others as well as through "just being".
I feel I'm missing something. If FHs "have no desire to get strongly involved in or change the world" and some of them "may become dropouts", how can their function be "to anchor the frequency of the new consciousness on this planet...to generate consciousness through the activities of daily life, through their interactions with others..."? :?:

student, I think that it means they become societal dropouts of sorts b/c they cannot identify with or feel at ease with most of what they encounter in life. Even though they drift away from what most would commonly consider society or societal norms, they are still capable of being quite conscious in whatever they choose to do.

For example, hypothetically let's say that someone really did sort of drop out of society totally and began living alone in the wilderness. Just b/c he is alone does not mean this person's very actions are not conscious and sacred. Whatever this person is doing, whether it be planting a garden or foraging for food, retrieving water for drinking, cutting wood for a fire, etc., etc.----there is a level of consciousness and sacredness in everything he does.

Anyway, I'm not sure if that's a good example or not----it's clear in my head, but I have trouble explaining it in words. However I think the overall idea is that it's not so important WHAT these people are doing, but it's HOW they are doing it that is key.