Please choose for me..

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.
searching4something

Please choose for me..

Post by searching4something » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:29 pm

Hello everybody,

I hope this is the right place to post such a thread.

I have one month free (September) where I simply don't know what to do with myself.
I may perhaps do a retreat of sorts but have no idea where to begin looking.

Can anyone make any recommendations or suggestions? Recently I have become so indecesive and unsure that I am willing to put my own future in someone elses hands (as silly as that may sound!)

I am currently living in France but am Scottish and am contemplating going home to spend this month.

I have one month exactly because I begin a new job on 1st October '09.

Perhaps it would help if I briefly told you about my life :
I am 25 and I used to be happy : ( I have been on anti-depressant medication for the past 3 years and the one thing I struggle with is confidence. I have no belief in myself and my mindset is such at the moment that I cannot foresee me finishing the first week of this new job, come October. This lack of believe in myself makes me anxious in meeting groups of new people. I moved to France alone almost 2 months ago to try find myself but have continued to carry around the same problems here.
I find ET's words and ideas inspiring and would love to do a meditiation, spiritual retreat in a similar vein to his philosophy and beliefs.

Any help is hugely appreciated.

Kind thanks for reading,
Alan

erict
Site-Admin
Site-Admin

Re: Please choose for me..

Post by erict » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:40 pm

I think you just need to figure out what your primary intention is, and focus on that, the rest will unfold naturally, if you just pay attention.
"Be sincere; don't ask questions out of mere interest. Ask dangerous questions—the ones whose answers could change your life."

searching4something

Post by searching4something » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:01 pm

Thanks Erict,

How do I pay attention though?

I want 'normal things' - to meet someone, start my own family, etc and have a job I feel I am good at and can grow in.
At the moment my mind is such that I don't believe I can hold down a job because of all the
mental distractions and ongoing battle going on in my mind.

I can't accept this person I have become because I don't like them and know they are not the real me

Kind thanks,

Alan

erict
Site-Admin
Site-Admin

Post by erict » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:16 pm

Based on what you describe, your experience of life must not be easy at all. It is my belief and experience that we play a much larger role, than is commonly accepted, in the shaping of our lives. We affect our external circumstances from every level of our being, of which actions and words are only one part. Every thought and every emotion, in every moment, extends from you and affects your life.

The kind of negativity and mental dysfunction you describe must inevitably manifest in your life and block a lot of the things you desire.

You can read more about this here:
http://www.inner-growth.info/shakti_gaw ... cerpts.htm
"Be sincere; don't ask questions out of mere interest. Ask dangerous questions—the ones whose answers could change your life."

Hand

Post by Hand » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:27 pm

Alan,

I would perhaps take this time to get to know yourself who you really are - lots of sitting and observing the world and getting to know your self, as once life takes over it is harder but possible. You could go on retreat but you can do this by yourself without the cost, unless you want to chat with like-minded people. If you have particular 'issues' then you might want to try to get to accept them, be comfortable with who you are.
Life is. Accept Life. Peace reigns.