ultimate connection with self--total honesty

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.
thenow

ultimate connection with self--total honesty

Post by thenow » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:03 am

Sit down. Relax the body. Breathe deeply so we can really feel. Surrender to whatever we are feeling currently. Surrender. Ask if pretending anything or resisting anything. Admit it.

Feel anything that comes up. Accept it.

In order to go deeper, we have to be totally honest. We need to be totally aware. Ask "Do you know about this?" "Is this totally true?"

Total honesty toward anything in our awareness is the last lap of road that takes us to our true self.

18andlife

Re: ultimate connection with self--total honesty

Post by 18andlife » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:28 am

Excellent post, I don't always agree with everything on this site, who would? But, hazzah! Honesty has to be the most underrated tool in the proverbial toolbox. Dishonesty on the other hand has to be the most potent tools that illusion can wield.

Some of the most important realiztions I have ever made were right infront of me my whole life; I was just too afraid to be honest about what was actually happeneing. I am certain that it is also a factor in anything which still remains unreaized within me. Sometimes honesty with one's self is all that's missing.

runstrails

Post by runstrails » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:17 pm

Nice post. I agree honesty is essential. But its also important not to make 'being honest' into an egoic striving.

AnonyMouse

Post by AnonyMouse » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:54 pm

Good one :)
And it takes COURAGE to allow yourself to be honest/empty/afraid/vulnerable.
But it can be tricky.. being honest about some story of your life can easily be false (a story).
Last edited by AnonyMouse on Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eggs uses hens to become more eggs

18andlife

Post by 18andlife » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:57 pm

But its also important not to make 'being honest' into an egoic striving.
That's a good point, I have been down that road too. If we mistake honesty as being a moral high-ground we're making a big mistake indeed.

True honesty is a willingness, not a stand point.

Ralph

Post by Ralph » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:12 am

I have posted this quote before but if you don't mind, I like to post it again as it fits perfect with what is being said in this thread.
We have a fear of facing ourselves. That is the obstacle. Experiencing the innermost core of our existence is very embarrassing to a lot of people. A lot of people turn to something that they hope will liberate them without their having to face themselves. That is impossible. We can't do that. We have to be honest with ourselves. We have to see our gut, our excrement, our most undesirable parts. We have to see them. That is the foundation of warriorship, basically speaking. Whatever is there, we have to face it, we have to look at it, study it, work with it and practice meditation with it.

- Chogyam Trungpa