getting in touch with inner body

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.
ila

getting in touch with inner body

Post by ila » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:29 pm

hi all,
i want to ask you all for some help with something. i've been having some "issues" with an eating disorder for about the past five years. although i'm so much better and healthier mentally and physically now, i still feel a complete disconnect from my inner body. when i meditate and try to feel my body i feel like the tingling sensatiion stops around my torso. i feel as though i might be holding onto some kind of blockage in a chakra that needs to be cleared out- but can someone help guide me as to how to do this?

Sighclone

Re: getting in touch with inner body

Post by Sighclone » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:40 pm

Welcome to the forum, ila. I'd recommend a reiki master, or at least second-level practitioner, for assistance in sensing the inner body.

Others may have more thoughts.

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce

18andlife

Post by 18andlife » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:54 pm

ila wrote:i feel as though i might be holding onto some kind of blockage in a chakra that needs to be cleared out- but can someone help guide me as to how to do this?
Yes as Andy suggests, undoubtedly there are people who can help, but I'm not sure if anyone here (least of all me) is particularly qualified to clear out chakra blockages. However the "you" that feels like you might be holding onto some kind of blockage, now that is something we can work with!

Rather than dealing with what you feel is holding you back, can we set some foundation by you first telling us a bit more about what you perceive/expect the inner body to be, and by what process you feel you should use to connect with it?

Thanks for posting, it seems like you are in a good place to look at this; I hope that we can help with some aspects of it. :)

heidi

Post by heidi » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:59 pm

There's a guided meditation called Inner Fitness by Kelly Howell. Here's her website http://www.brainsync.com/home.html
To you health!
Heidi
http://www.heidimayo.com
wonderment on the third wave

monkinmerc

Post by monkinmerc » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:21 pm

Ila,

I have been through what you are talking about. Although not regarding food/weight issues.
I have been having psoriasis(a skin illness that apparently doesn't have a cure) and have been trying to solve it using body awareness.
It went about the awareness part the way you talked about and it frustrated me and didn't show results. Recently I tried again and it is working remarkable. My skin is clearing.
You know what went wrong the first time?

One small diversion that will forever guide you well in such things. There are two key points in Eckhart's or any good teacher's teachings:
1. Everything is Life/Being/God.
For me this means everything, even us is God/Being working, even your sensations.
2.Perfection: Eckhart says only the mind sees problems. Other teachers talk about all pervading perfection.

What I did wrong initially:
I started off assuming that while doing inner body awareness if i feel/not feel certain sensations that is a problem. How can my body feelings be wrong if it is the Being acting in its infinite wisdom?
Now I don't fret if I feel bad about a certain sensation or thought. I remember its God acting. The best thing I can do is show complete obedience.
For me, complete obedience is feeling the sensation as it is. If God/life is making me feel it, it must have intended me to feel it. (And I believe only good will come out of it, in God's time.)

So, when you become aware of hard sensations etc stay with it obediently as long as it is there.
You have had a lifetime of running away from God made feelings. That must have caused many issues. Stay with the process. Know that even your errors while you do this is not unknown to the great being. Be blessed.

xkatex

Post by xkatex » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:02 pm

I'm sorry I'm posting so late, I just stumbled across your post. I know this isn't in reference to your primary question, but you mentioned your struggles with an eating disorder, so you might be interested in Geneen Roth's 'Women, Food and God', which advocates using presence as a way to deal with eating issues, or feelings of inadequacy due to appearance. Her practices are very conducive to presence and it is nice to read her perspective on the diet industry and the fact that it doesn't work. I'm in a much better place about my body now, and at a healthy weight, if a little on the low side. I know this is something that really helped me, so I just wanted to share :) If you can't access a reiki master about your inner body feeling, I would suggest just staying with it. If it get's painful, I'd definitely seek help though :L