Marijuana and Presence

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.
dijmart

Re: Marijuana and Presence

Post by dijmart » Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:53 am

I'm a nurse, therefore can't do "any" illegal drugs, but what exactly do you mean when you say mushrooms? I think of the vegetable?
Take what you like and leave the rest.

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:17 am

dijmart wrote:I'm a nurse, therefore can't do "any" illegal drugs, but what exactly do you mean when you say mushrooms? I think of the vegetable?
Magic mushrooms. Psilocybe cubensis. Can be an amazing experience. Can be a rough few hours.

WW

dijmart

Post by dijmart » Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:04 am

Webwanderer wrote:
dijmart wrote:I'm a nurse, therefore can't do "any" illegal drugs, but what exactly do you mean when you say mushrooms? I think of the vegetable?
Magic mushrooms. Psilocybe cubensis. Can be an amazing experience. Can be a rough few hours.

WW
Looked it up, illegal in Ohio! Have had no fun since nursing school..lol.. :wink:
Take what you like and leave the rest.

meetjoeblack

Post by meetjoeblack » Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:23 am

Webwanderer wrote:

WW
LOL @ Mod.

Yeah. Magic mushrooms dij. The experience can be euphoric or a nightmare. I guess its pretty mystical like this life; what you make of it.

roysanford

Post by roysanford » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:05 pm

Personally I could say it's better than alcohol.
It don't cause hangovers.
It increases the appetit and metabolism.
It's anti depressant. Cannabis can kill cancer cells.
Controls Epileptic seizure.
Eases the pain of multiple sclerosis.
Helps with Crohn’s disease.
Reduces severe pain, and nausea from chemo, and stimulates appetite.
Protects the brain from concussion, and trauma.
You'll behave as a normal person in social gathering. Unlike the emotional breakdown issue with alcohol.

Placebo

Post by Placebo » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:05 am

I have many years of experience smoking weed. I do think it is possible to have a very conscious and even eye opening experience (iv'e had them) BUT only when used in moderation. Smoking everyday starts to produce a dullness in most people. If I smoke it heavily, even for only a few days, I feel that it puts up a huge barrier to my ability to stay present. My brain is just too dull and yet i get more and more thoughts because the constant weed fog makes me more unconscious. And even when I'm still and present (if you can even call it presence) after heavy smoking, It's like I feel too dumb to even perceive much. I'll basically just be a still stoned statue with none of the magic that comes with stillness while having a clear mind because I'm simply too dulled down. Huge stumbling block.

So I think that it CAN be useful and fun, but if you're smoking all day, everyday thinking that it will help you on your spiritual journey than you are kidding yourself imo. Addiction is a strong identification and attachment of the mind. No drug can give you what sober stillness can.