Page 2 of 3

Re: Marijuana and Presence

Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:53 am
by dijmart
I'm a nurse, therefore can't do "any" illegal drugs, but what exactly do you mean when you say mushrooms? I think of the vegetable?

Re: Marijuana and Presence

Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:17 am
by Webwanderer
dijmart wrote:I'm a nurse, therefore can't do "any" illegal drugs, but what exactly do you mean when you say mushrooms? I think of the vegetable?
Magic mushrooms. Psilocybe cubensis. Can be an amazing experience. Can be a rough few hours.

WW

Re: Marijuana and Presence

Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:04 am
by dijmart
Webwanderer wrote:
dijmart wrote:I'm a nurse, therefore can't do "any" illegal drugs, but what exactly do you mean when you say mushrooms? I think of the vegetable?
Magic mushrooms. Psilocybe cubensis. Can be an amazing experience. Can be a rough few hours.

WW
Looked it up, illegal in Ohio! Have had no fun since nursing school..lol.. :wink:

Re: Marijuana and Presence

Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:23 am
by meetjoeblack
Webwanderer wrote:
dijmart wrote:I'm a nurse, therefore can't do "any" illegal drugs, but what exactly do you mean when you say mushrooms? I think of the vegetable?
Magic mushrooms. Psilocybe cubensis. Can be an amazing experience. Can be a rough few hours.

WW
LOL @ Mod.

Yeah. Magic mushrooms dij. The experience can be euphoric or a nightmare. I guess its pretty mystical like this life; what you make of it.

Re: Marijuana and Presence

Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:05 pm
by roysanford
Personally I could say it's better than alcohol.
It don't cause hangovers.
It increases the appetit and metabolism.
It's anti depressant. Cannabis can kill cancer cells.
Controls Epileptic seizure.
Eases the pain of multiple sclerosis.
Helps with Crohn’s disease.
Reduces severe pain, and nausea from chemo, and stimulates appetite.
Protects the brain from concussion, and trauma.
You'll behave as a normal person in social gathering. Unlike the emotional breakdown issue with alcohol.

Re: Marijuana and Presence

Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:05 am
by Placebo
I have many years of experience smoking weed. I do think it is possible to have a very conscious and even eye opening experience (iv'e had them) BUT only when used in moderation. Smoking everyday starts to produce a dullness in most people. If I smoke it heavily, even for only a few days, I feel that it puts up a huge barrier to my ability to stay present. My brain is just too dull and yet i get more and more thoughts because the constant weed fog makes me more unconscious. And even when I'm still and present (if you can even call it presence) after heavy smoking, It's like I feel too dumb to even perceive much. I'll basically just be a still stoned statue with none of the magic that comes with stillness while having a clear mind because I'm simply too dulled down. Huge stumbling block.

So I think that it CAN be useful and fun, but if you're smoking all day, everyday thinking that it will help you on your spiritual journey than you are kidding yourself imo. Addiction is a strong identification and attachment of the mind. No drug can give you what sober stillness can.

Re: Marijuana and Presence

Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:20 pm
by xmarshallx
meetjoeblack wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:23 am
Webwanderer wrote:
dijmart wrote:I'm a nurse, therefore can't do "any" illegal drugs, but what exactly do you mean when you say mushrooms? I think of the vegetable?
Magic mushrooms. Psilocybe cubensis. Can be an amazing experience. Can be a rough few hours.

WW
LOL @ Mod.

Yeah. Magic mushrooms dij. The experience can be euphoric or a nightmare. I guess its pretty mystical like this life; what you make of it.
The chemical they contain - Psilocybin - stimulates the energy body of the individual causes chakras to open. Essentially they greatly magnify the spiritual energy entering the body for a short period of time. Like all things more is not necessarily better - it depends on what energy you are magnifying - and they need to be treated with a lot of respect and care. Yogis in India used to consider them a type of energy medicine and you will find many of the tribal people in America's used them and similar natural substances for the same.

I don't in anyway recommend long term or habitual use of any consciousness altering drug - but I have seen profound benefits in certain individuals from Psilocybin sessions due to its ability to bring in large amounts of high spiritual energy and clear and release built up negative energy from the energy body.

The thing you absolutely must understand however is that "Set" and "setting" are of critical importance and must be well controlled and managed when using this type of substance. That meaning the atmosphere and environment you take it in. They amplify and magnify your energy state. So taking them in a confined or dark space in a depressed atmosphere or a very busy space with loud music and lots of people around ..... brings on that type of amplified experience. It give people a very bad trip.

Taking them in a calm peaceful setting in nature, with good friends in a positive a uplifting environment and setting. Where care has been taken to provide the right atmosphere of love, care, happiness and joy ...... it will tend amplify that experience and can bring people into contact with very high spiritual energy bringing on Euphoric states similar to what people experience during a spiritual awakening (like Tolle's). This can and often does result in profound healing benefits particularly for mental emotional issues (PTSD, trauma related recovery, depression and anxiety disorders) etc.

Re: Marijuana and Presence

Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:49 pm
by Onceler
Michael Pollan’s, How to Change Your Mind, is a good overview of the psychedelic experience.

Re: Marijuana and Presence

Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:21 pm
by rentemailad
Alternative medicine are more accepted now a days due to it's promising results unlike pharmaceutical medicine, alternative medicine don't give negative effect such as kidney and liver problems when it comes to long term use. As for my alternative medicine usage, I use medical marijuana. Different strain has a variety of uses and effect depending on your needs. This strain has a very potent effect on chronic pains like back pain and joint pain and a lot more.

Re: Marijuana and Presence

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:59 am
by turiya
Just saw this beautiful Rupert Spira video today:

"All Experience is Filled with Luminosity and Love"

https://youtu.be/Y10PKdwIRkk

:D

Re: Marijuana and Presence

Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:15 pm
by Dcdc
I writed the comment below in another post, but I just found this topic and think it is more appropriate to put that comment here.

"Here's my experience:

I don't drink, but I have being using marijuana (almost everyday) for 10 years.

I don't have much to say; I think that I can be present while I'm high and can be presente while I'm not, but I think that it is a little bit easier to be present while I'm not. So, it's interesting to practice while I'm high, because it's like a gym's weight, hehehehe."

Re: Marijuana and Presence

Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:31 am
by meetjoeblack
xmarshallx wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:20 pm
meetjoeblack wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:23 am
Webwanderer wrote: Magic mushrooms. Psilocybe cubensis. Can be an amazing experience. Can be a rough few hours.

WW
LOL @ Mod.

Yeah. Magic mushrooms dij. The experience can be euphoric or a nightmare. I guess its pretty mystical like this life; what you make of it.
The chemical they contain - Psilocybin - stimulates the energy body of the individual causes chakras to open. Essentially they greatly magnify the spiritual energy entering the body for a short period of time. Like all things more is not necessarily better - it depends on what energy you are magnifying - and they need to be treated with a lot of respect and care. Yogis in India used to consider them a type of energy medicine and you will find many of the tribal people in America's used them and similar natural substances for the same.

I don't in anyway recommend long term or habitual use of any consciousness altering drug - but I have seen profound benefits in certain individuals from Psilocybin sessions due to its ability to bring in large amounts of high spiritual energy and clear and release built up negative energy from the energy body.

The thing you absolutely must understand however is that "Set" and "setting" are of critical importance and must be well controlled and managed when using this type of substance. That meaning the atmosphere and environment you take it in. They amplify and magnify your energy state. So taking them in a confined or dark space in a depressed atmosphere or a very busy space with loud music and lots of people around ..... brings on that type of amplified experience. It give people a very bad trip.

Taking them in a calm peaceful setting in nature, with good friends in a positive a uplifting environment and setting. Where care has been taken to provide the right atmosphere of love, care, happiness and joy ...... it will tend amplify that experience and can bring people into contact with very high spiritual energy bringing on Euphoric states similar to what people experience during a spiritual awakening (like Tolle's). This can and often does result in profound healing benefits particularly for mental emotional issues (PTSD, trauma related recovery, depression and anxiety disorders) etc.
Its been part of self care and trauma work for me. You are correct about "set" and "environment." i rrad, tibetan book of the dead by Timothy leary. I aldo read be here now by ram dass. This stuff is no joke.

Re: Marijuana and Presence

Posted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:21 pm
by UnnamedLightSeeker
In my experience, i found that marijuana definitely deepened things.

Before any consciousness exploration and before I knew to self reflect, marijuana allowed me to experience intense “Nowness”. It was the first time I became aware of “being in the present moment”. This of course was life changing and I assumed it was going to stay like that forever. This fragment alone should tell you how far along I was on my spiritual journey lol.

Once I learned to “be in the Now”, I subsequently learned about my monkey mind. It became aware to me that when I was not deeply connected to the present moment, my mind was usually tripping up over something or just telling false stories (unconsciously, I might add), creating my life drama. Smoking marijuana also intensified this awareness, ensuing panic attacks and common anxiety. At the same time, when I was in total peace, my highs were enlightening.

Then I started learning about the power of the mind. I realized that what I tell myself is ultimately what’s going to happen. This made me seriously look at the life I had created so far, however unconscious. Coming to terms with those facts was a spiritual feat in itself. Developing the acceptance of the past was the fundamental principle here. Marijuana did little for me during this time, other than intensify my struggle of accepting things.

Its all in the mind. If the mind wants to accept something, it will. If it doesn’t, it won’t. Marijuana just makes the mind-made decision more clear. Smoking didn’t ever “change my mind”. It simply gave a more definite reality to the fact that my mind is the maker of my life! Thoughts produce things.

With where I am in my life, I choose not to smoke marijuana much. I passionately enjoy harnessing the powers of my mind and utilizing that power for creative projects. If I do smoke, it is for recreational purpose and nothing else. I used to believe I needed to “self medicate” with maryjane. But the message I got from her was that she was just shedding light on what was already there. She wasn’t there to change me. She wasn’t there to “show me the way”. She was just highlighting the truth of my reality.

I appreciate marijuana for that. I’ve learned to not be codependent on anything. It’s up to me to make a change. Its up to me to find the meaning in things. Its up to me to understand the lesson.

And as Alan Watts once said,

Once you get the message, hang up the phone!


Peace :D

Re: Marijuana and Presence

Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:03 pm
by Eki_air
I can completely relate to this. In my younger years I would become anxious while using marijuana, before I started living in the present moment.

Over the past 2 years, I've reached an innate state of living - I'm so grateful to Eckhart for his books and videos that helped this happen, as I'm sure you all are. During this journey of awakening, I didn't touch any marijuana due to the said feelings I would get using it. Although, recently in my natural state, I have found I feel an equally clear but slightly deeper feeling through the body.

For anyone wondering, I used edibles rather than smoked it. it's not something I plan on making a habit of, i've only used it twice recently, but the difference in experience was vastly different from my youth. The first time I meditated for around 40/50 minutes, it was one of the most calming meditations I've ever experienced.

Anyway, I thought I'd connect, as not many people seem to relate to your recent experience.

To note, I'm not recommending people try this, just explaining what I did and felt.

Re: Marijuana and Presence

Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:40 am
by My Ninth Life
I've smoked marijuana since I was 15, and I've finally given it up about 6 weeks ago (I'm 49 now). I have been clean from a serious opiate habit for about 10 years, but I merely replaced the needle with booze and weed thinking that the harm reduction model was my only chance at success. I quit drinking alcohol about 8 months ago.

It took about 2-3 weeks off of weed for my mind to start clearing up, and it was at this point I started looking inward for a spiritual path to ensure that I stay sober. This lead me to Tolle, and for the first time in my life I've been able to turn off the maddening, incessant chatter in my mind that I tried to shut off with drugs and booze.

I'm neither condoning nor condemning the use of weed, but for me it was a major factor in remaining unconscious for the last 34 years. People have different reactions to pot, but for me it completely removes me from the moment. I feel like I've just started living and much prefer the clarity and presence that I experience without it.