Marijuana and Presence

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.
Webwanderer

Re: Marijuana and Presence

Post by Webwanderer » Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:19 am

Good choice. Anytime you can recognize clarity, choose that. It is the canvas within which insight is born.

WW

hattifnatt

Post by hattifnatt » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:13 am

I've thought about giving it a try, though all I'm using is a vape. If anyone's interested, here's a good store https://vapingdaily.com/. Marijuana, however, is known for many side effects. Aren't you afraid it can affect your memory?

Sighclone

Post by Sighclone » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:49 pm

Welcome hattifnatt. I've approved this post, but this is a warning that we do not allow advertising here. I do not think that was your exclusive intention, so approved it - but please be aware of the Rules: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2051

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce

Admiral Akmir

Post by Admiral Akmir » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:05 pm

Years ago I had the idea that meditating and practicing presence while stoned might be a cool experience. It was not what I expected. Practicing presence distanced me from the high and gave me space from it in the same way that it creates distance from thoughts. Rather than getting caught up in the sensations and thoughts that the drug produced I was able to observe them, and that space of observation was completely unaffected by the marijuana.

Marijuana may shift our perception and cause us to have an idea or revelation that we might not have had, but it ultimately does not have an impact on our true selves.