Share your personal experiences here!

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.
mikanike23

Share your personal experiences here!

Post by mikanike23 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:58 am

dsfassssssss
Last edited by mikanike23 on Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

monmonn

Re: Share your personal experiences here!

Post by monmonn » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:51 pm

1. When your more present and awareness is over powering your mind its like the volume is turned down in life and you dont take it that seriously anymore

2. Because i am not putting on a social mask whenever i speak to people now, people react to me more positively and i dont crave approval from people anymore :D

3. Since your emotions connect with your mind and now i dont do alot of unnecessary thinking i hardly get caught up in emotions and even if i do the pain turns into joy :)

4. I feel like i can socially vibe with people way more easier and love becomes a fundamental thing in all the relationships you have with people

5. Last but not least life is way more enjoyable and nothings ever a means to the end. Suffering is gone and imagine a life with no stress, stress can kill you and its really pointless in my opinion

hope this helped :)

monkinmerc

Re: Share your personal experiences here!

Post by monkinmerc » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:15 pm

Thanks for raising the topic, Monmonn.
My experience below:
1. How have anxiety levels increased or decreased?

Decreased.

2. How have your relationships changed?

Am more social now, (used to be an introvert) and now I am confortable and happy to lead or express what i feel. I am now clearer on my opinions.

3. How have anxiety levels changed in social situations?

Too early to say.

4. Do you see yourself as more confident/ intelligent/ more enjoyable to be around? (not that this matters)

More confident and clear. More enjoyable too.

5. Any other impacts on your life in general?

Certain addictions are dropping away without my trying. I have been struggling with it for 5 years at-least.

As ET says, pain leads us to search for truth. I feel, our troubles on the material level first help us face our fears and illusions.
Then as we wake up, we loose our neediness for things. If we want them, that is a conscious choice. We are conscious about how to realize those wants and free while doing that.
Bless you!