Job interview - just for fun

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.
hanss

Job interview - just for fun

Post by hanss » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:54 pm

I'm looking for a job now and I wonder if a job interview would go something like this next month or so (E is employer/interviewer):

E: Hans? Just come right in, good to see you here and shake your hand. Better than over the phone.
Me: Nothing is better... or worse... it just is. And this too, will pass.

E: What? Ehh... Welcome and sit down. So, here we are... how do you feel about that?
Me: Yes, we are. In fact we are one. With all that is. And that feels great!

E: I don't understand.. Well, why do you want to work here?
Me: The Wanter is no more. To want something is just resisting what is. Everything is perfect just as it is.

E: But you came here to apply for the job?
Me: I don't know. You don't know either. Forms come and go. They are not real.

E: So you are a funny guy, eh?
Me: "Funny guy" is just a label you put on me. It is not the truth. But it can be a pointer to the truth, who I really am.

E: Ehh... ok... What are your best qualities?
Me: I'm totally focused on what I do in every moment. I'm 100% present.

E: That sounds good. What education do you have, where did you go to school?
Me: That belongs to the past, dwelling in the past is not good. The only thing that matters is now.

E: Hmm... you don't care about the past? That is good. At this company we are heading fast forward towards the future. But you must have an education?
Me: You cant "have" an education. You can have nothing. It is. Everything just is. And the future does not exist. Only mind stuff. Have you ever been in the future? No, you have only been in the now. And there is no rush. Just watch the Lillies in the field, how they grow.

E: I guees you have a point there, we must slow down and focus more on what we are doing right now. So let us focus on this interview, right now. Maybe we need you here, new thinking is what we need. What do you need? What would you like work with here at our company?
Me: I try to think as little as possible. And I don't need anything.

E: So you are a doer? I can get a grip of you really are? What you know and want to do?
Me: I am.

E: You are what? Nothing?
Me: Yes, nothing. Just the awareness. The space. In fact I'm God.

E: God?? Are are you aware that I'm the boss here? Can you follow orders or is being a smartass all you are capable of?
Me: That is your ego talking. Boss is just a concept and it is not real. Just an illusion. Hopefully, your painbody will not wake up now...

E: Painbody? I will soon give you pain in your body! I have had enough of you!
Me: Who is this "I" that you are talking about?

E: Please leave and close the door on your way out. This interview is over!
Me: Yes, that is what I said. This too, will pass.
"In today's rush we all think too much, seek too much, want too much and forget about the joy of just Being."
(Eckhart Tolle)

karmarider

Re: Job interview - just for fun

Post by karmarider » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:05 pm

:D

Funny.

But something similar, not so drastic, does happen. In these corporate situations, I do find myself smiling a lot. It's hard to take it seriously. There is a certain aloofness, sometimes incredulity, at the conceptual tangles.

On the other hand, in practical terms, we have to make money, to live and eat.

Perhaps this why some people do take a hiatus and go to ashrams and monasteries and retreats and into the wild and off-grid.

forgotaboutbre

Post by forgotaboutbre » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:27 pm

Hilarious, especially considering that I am planning to interview very soon and I often wonder what I will actually say in the interview given all of the esoteric mind structures that I like to employ in conversation.

-Mike

Quinn

Post by Quinn » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:17 pm

Very funny, Hans! Love it.

This pokes fun at the (entirely too serious) part of me that worries about becoming too out of touch with the world of form.

rachel100639

Post by rachel100639 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:45 am

Hanss, This is great. I can certainly identify as I am looking for work now too. It is so strange now though! When I go on an interview I DO feel like I am just playing this role - like I am acting because that is what is required in this whole role-playing set up. I feel like I am watching the whole interview from afar, in a sense. Observing it and it is hard to take it seriously. It seems so fake and ridiculous as I am aware I have to play this role. And even though I VERY much need a job right now from a financial perspective, a part of me just does not care if I get the job or not. It is so odd. I go back and forth between seeing how absurd the whole thing is then fearful of my financial situation. Then I just don't care and I am relaxed about it. Of course, I do not have kids to support, just myself.

I have had all this time the past 5 months to heal physically (I was ill), do the things I love (like focus on this awakening process in quietude - is that a word? :lol: ) be with people who are on the same path, be in nature (such that it is here where I live), exercise, walk, be on this forum, read, listen to classical music, etc...I worked at home as a writer for the past 10 years and the idea of getting a "regular" job feels like my freedom is being taken away. Ouch!! It is frightening to a part of me. My whole self does not realize it does not have to be forever!
Oops, went on a tangent.
I know ET talks about the last time he went on an interview years ago. ET said he must of said something that tipped the interviewer off becuase the interviewer asked Tolle, "So, what is it you REALLY want to do?"
I wish I could just spend my time the way I want to!!

Rachel

hanss

Post by hanss » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:44 am

Well, I read the beginning of the post and then my mind is drifting away. My eyes goes from the computer out the window. I think about jobs and stuff, why do I take it so seriously? I don't have to work forever in the same place. If I don't like I can quit or change job. But I don't know that now. I will try to get a job and see what happens. There must be some part of me that is trying to control the future. And then I continue reading and read this:
rachel100639 wrote: My whole self does not realize it does not have to be forever!
:)
"In today's rush we all think too much, seek too much, want too much and forget about the joy of just Being."
(Eckhart Tolle)

hamburg113

Post by hamburg113 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:30 am

Hi,

Thanks very much for this comment. It help me to think about my ideals.

Tks again and pls keep posting.

snowheight

Post by snowheight » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:49 pm

:lol: Masterpiece :lol:
Stop talking. Hear every sound as background. Look straight ahead and focus. Take one deep breath. This is you. This is Now.

ZenDrumming

Post by ZenDrumming » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:44 pm

Good stuff hanss, made me laugh. I've been on a few interviews lately so I got a chuckle.

It really does bring up a great point though. How much of our own truth are we willing to share with others in certain situations? It's kind of a strange balancing act, when we almost have to pretend we're still fully enraptured in our roles so that we can operate functionally with others.

At an interview a couple days ago, after they told me how stressful the job may be, I said something like "I'm good at separating outer drama from inner drama, and I can usually stay centered in stressful situations." It's funny trying to put these things into a context that most others can understand without thinking you're off your rocker.

It's pretty awesome to have the ability to not allow things like job interviews to take you over. For me, the ability comes and goes, but that detached and calm approach really does help me so much more than the stress-about-it approach. Perception is everything!

spikyface

Post by spikyface » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:57 pm

Sounds vaguely reminiscent of the job interview I had in the Netherlands last year

Most of it was the normal talk of previous job experiences, with a more optimistic viewpoint than I usually have once I'm actually doing the job (pessimistic viewpoint helps to manage expectations of how long things will take, how easy things will be, etc.)

The only part where I couldn't garnish the truth was when they asked where I see myself in six months, a year and five years from now

The answer I gave was "I don't, I have no plans, and no overarching goal. Experience has taught me that regardless of what you plan, reality will always blindside you in the long run, so why bother?"

Got the job though, they were pretty desperate and were in need of immediate assistance rather than anything long term
Do not take anyone as an authority on what you are. Ultimately all the answers lie within

Voice101

Post by Voice101 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:09 pm

So, funny interview questions hanss. I think any job seeker will not want to face such as these questions. Its true that these are really funny interview questions but also fearing questions. Whatever these questions have made fun.