Surrendering at work

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.
din

Post by din » Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:09 pm

unmanifested achievement?
Aha!!!

An oxymoron!!!

Bang!!!

You're dead!!! :lol:
:)

mccpcorn

Post by mccpcorn » Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:17 pm

Well achievement is a label, just like any other. There are plenty of things you can achieve, but you may not consider them achievements at the time. It's only upon later reflection, when you wonder about the real prizes of your life.

For example, in 40 years you may think you're children were the greatest thing you ever accomplished, rather than your fancy desk job and huge house that meant so much to you at the time.

Our aims in life are never what we THINK they are. We don't always DO what we THINK, anymore than we always THINK what we DO.

I hope that neatly sidesteps a more detailed explanation. ^^;

myself

Post by myself » Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:44 pm

mccpcorn wrote: I hope that neatly sidesteps a more detailed explanation. ^^;
well you didn't answer my question, but that's ok. :D

enlighten

Post by enlighten » Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:34 am

8)

Ben

Post by Ben » Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:17 am

mccpcorn wrote:I share some understanding with you. I feel I've never achieved my 'material' potential and feel trapped in a position of underachievement.

I'm trying to learn acceptance because I've experienced almost permanent mental burnout for the past 5 years or so.
Wow,

That's exactly where I am coming from. I was frustrated with being an under achiever, untill I understood that it have always been my own actions and decisions that brought me where I am today, in an underachieving position, but happy none the less. I have been an underachiever, simply because I couldn't sell the insurance policies I was supposed to sell. They simply didn't represent good value for money and I couldn't sell them to people, because I thought it would do them more harm than good. I have been an underachiever because I stayed true to my values, I didn't sell out to achieve succes and boost my ego. Did me a world of good to find that out. I came to peace with the position I am in and have been able to shed the frustration. I went through a burn out to discover this.

Cheers!

suraj

Post by suraj » Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:04 pm

Just wanted to bring this post to the notice of new members. The first time , I read the original post by myself , I was almost in tears because I could relate to so much of it.
How difficult it is to let go of all the ego drives.
I AM

proudlybeing

Re: Surrendering at work

Post by proudlybeing » Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:34 pm

in the original post, Myself wrote,
What I see now is that it doesn't matter what I do or where I am. Every job is now the same to me, as I'm always Here and Now. The faces may change and the daily tasks may change, but they are no longer a big deal. I see myself in each face, and I embrace them all in my heart. I don't care how much money I make... as it turned out I was given a pretty nice salary, especially for the area. I no longer consider myself as having a career and have let go all such ambitions. I simply show up where I'm led, for as long as I'm led, and do what I'm inspired to do. I have no more attachment as to what I do or for how long. It's all a dance of form and I know it will change, as all forms change. And that's OK with me. :D

Is it just me , ? this sounds wonderfully like ;-

Chop that wood, carry water . ?

Congratulations myself, a beautiful story well told. keep dancing !

bless you your axe and your bucket ! P.B
My heart (and being) felt thanks to the force(es) than bring me to share this site and journey with you all.