Progress so far! I think I may be getting somewhere :D

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.
Morph

Progress so far! I think I may be getting somewhere :D

Post by Morph » Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:07 pm

Since I registered with the site a couple of weeks ago I have received fantastic replies to my post and have been reading through the threads. I really feel it has really helped me absorb and gain further understanding of Eckhart's message.

I feel that there has been a shift in me in the last couple of days. It is strange, because I am still experiencing painful thoughts and emotions, but I feel like I am smiling inside and that none of it really matters. I can see that my mind won't give me the answers, but I just have to let things be.

It is early days yet, but my world has definitely started to look different, it is like I have taken a step back from myself if that makes sense! :D

heidi

Post by heidi » Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:32 pm

A little bit of consciousness goes a long way towards peace. :)
Heidi
http://www.heidimayo.com
wonderment on the third wave

din

Post by din » Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:02 pm

I feel that there has been a shift in me in the last couple of days. It is strange, because I am still experiencing painful thoughts and emotions, but I feel like I am smiling inside and that none of it really matters. I can see that my mind won't give me the answers, but I just have to let things be.
Please allow me to hit you over the head with this post.

So you're going thru the process of disidentification are you.

Do you really need that?

Do you really need more story?

Or can you step out of the story right here right now.

Is this story real?

What do you really want?

It is early days yet, but my world has definitely started to look different, it is like I have taken a step back from myself if that makes sense!
Still more story, beautiful, encouraging story. To be enjoyed by no one.
:)

Chelsy

Post by Chelsy » Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:06 pm

Great news Morph!

Quote:

"I feel that there has been a shift in me in the last couple of days. It is strange, because I am still experiencing painful thoughts and emotions, but I feel like I am smiling inside and that none of it really matters. I can see that my mind won't give me the answers, but I just have to let things be.

It is early days yet, but my world has definitely started to look different, it is like I have taken a step back from myself if that makes sense!"

This is wonderful!

And Yes- stepping back from yourself makes the most sense of all!

Practicing portals are very effective too.

:D

And don't pay any attention to Din. (It's that steel plate in his head.)

din

Post by din » Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:17 pm

And don't pay any attention to Din. (It's that steel plate in his head.)

Yes! I'm just the wacko "guru". :lol:

kiki

Post by kiki » Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:38 pm

Morph wrote:it is like I have taken a step back from myself if that makes sense!
Yes, it makes sense. That's all "it" is, stepping back from who you thought you were. From that non-viewpoint you can see the ego for what it is, nothing but thought. Great to hear. Shine on!

k

mccpcorn

Post by mccpcorn » Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:20 pm

Lately my mind has been howling veritable streams of pointless garbage. At first it was bugging the hell out of me because I so much wanted to just enjoy some inner peace. Then I accepted the noise was there. It didn't go away but all of a sudden I wasn't too bothered by it being there. I could still sense my own presence, and I was essentially able to ignore my mind's attention seeking tantrum.

I've also enjoyed some rather length periods of stillness during all of this, where I've been able to truly just be aware, in a quiet kind of way. I'm not sure if the two are linked, but certainly some of what has been said on here lately has been of great influence to me.

That's why I keeping checking back regularly. ;)

Shaz

Post by Shaz » Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:29 am

When we begin to pull away from who we thought we were, the mind tends to get even noisier in a desperate attempt to keep us unconscious. However, this is ok, too. We simply begin watching it as it chatters louder, and at the same time, disidentifying with it as who we are. As we do this, our periods of stillness become lengthier.

Luvs

Morph

Post by Morph » Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:25 pm

Thanks all for your advice and thoughts.

I feel like I am aware quite a bit of the time now. I am noticing thoughts and emotions with situations I would have found very difficult. I can still feel the pain and have some of the same thoughts, but it subsides much quicker.

I notice times when I am unconscious and get mildly frustrated when I do, but again everything is calmer and quieter somehow.

kiki

Post by kiki » Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:16 pm

I notice times when I am unconscious
This is wonderful. The "noticing" is consciousness/You. To notice takes you out of unconsciousness.
and get mildly frustrated when I do,
This as more "storytelling", isn't it?
but again everything is calmer and quieter somehow
Great!

Morph

Post by Morph » Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:40 pm

kiki wrote:
I notice times when I am unconscious
This is wonderful. The "noticing" is consciousness/You. To notice takes you out of unconsciousness.
and get mildly frustrated when I do,
This as more "storytelling", isn't it?
but again everything is calmer and quieter somehow
Great!
Thanks Kiki :D

Yes, noticing the 'storytelling' will be useful for me! There are so many little things that can carry you away to being unconscious. There is the need to be alert and notice everything!

kiki

Post by kiki » Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:49 pm

morph wrote:There are so many little things that can carry you away to being unconscious.
It seems that way because of conditioning. Life has become habitual (unconscious). The light of consciousness/You transforms unconsciousness into consciousness so that conditioned existence dissolves.
k

din

Post by din » Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:20 pm

I notice times when I am unconscious and get mildly frustrated when I do, but again everything is calmer and quieter somehow.
I remember a certain day, about a year ago, when awakening was happening. I had been conscious for a little while and suddenly the veil fell again.

I was so upset/angry/rebelling.

I refused to carry on with my routine.

I usually sit in my nice easy chair by the window, but instead I sat on the floor and cried and fumed and raged.

I don't remember if that helped any.

But it definitely was good drama!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Viv

Post by Viv » Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:35 pm

Morph wrote:I feel like I am aware quite a bit of the time now. I am noticing thoughts and emotions with situations I would have found very difficult. I can still feel the pain and have some of the same thoughts, but it subsides much quicker.

Morph... there's a lot of 'I''s in there. If you're unconscious, how can 'I' notice it?

If you're aware, how can 'I' 'feel' that?

No 'I'.

enlighten

Post by enlighten » Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:27 am

:wink: