There and Back Again

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.

There and Back Again

Postby a_friend » Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:00 am

i have an unusual story (which again, is just another story, but what the heck...) I started meditating and reading tolle and all this good stuff a few years ago when i wasn't feeling so great about life. anyway, not much seemed to change for several months, maybe even a year or so. And suddenly, i started to smile a little more often, and i found myself forgiving others a little more often, and found myself alot less stressed than i'd ever been and i found myself alot more confident and i hesitate to say i found myself at PEACE. This went on for months, and i was having the time of my life. Nothing could stop me. I truly felt at peace and happy and loved. I even had a couple powerful experiences that felt like the "touch of God" -- maybe what y'all mean by "being the observer".

I met my wife during this time and after dating for a few months we got married. She has been a true blessing to me, and i love her to pieces. But somewhere around that time i started changing (or things started changing or whatever). I found myself stressing again, even arguing at times, anxious, fearful, all that stuff that i though i'd said goodbye to. I tried meditating and praying more, reading more books, all that kind of stuff -- but i still felt alot of pain and heaviness.

I've recently been able to turn this around to a certain degree. I definitely do not feel stressed or fearful anymore. But neither am i hopeful or happy or really at peace. I feel ok with whatever may happen or whatever comes my way. But this isn't how i remember feeling a couple years ago.

Has anybody else been through anything like this??

thank you,
a friend
a_friend

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:33 pm

Hey buddy :)
The tide comes in the tide goes out; the tide will come in again.
I know exactly how you feel, and I believe there is a pattern. It would be nice to be able to ride a wave of joy forever. I have started understanding when the lower vibrational quality of certain things/people/TV especially drags on me, and I can walk away or accept it with that knowing - not judgement - just knowing.

Been reading Power vs Force and it has heightened my understanbding about the whys and whens of the exact phenomena you express.

Glad you've joined us, friend :)
HTH-H

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:35 pm

opps, that was me. I'm using a different computer and didn't log in.

Postby a_friend » Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:44 pm

yeah, i suppose i just need to continue to chill and accept life as it is, good or bad or whatever, instead of telling life how i need this or that out of it.

i've also started power vs force, but i haven't been able to finish it. some of the kinesiology stuff is really amazing. and i saw some guy on dr. phil teaching some kid how to find out which foods he is allergic to. isn't that cool? But i kinda got bored with the book for some reason. i really want to read the other two books by the same author. Have you read eye of the i or the other book yet?

thanks,
a friend
a_friend

Postby heidi » Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:05 pm

Along with Power vs Force, I have begun practicing "immunics" It is truly powerful stuff where you use self-testing to stay healthy. I am improving my vision as we speak. I have no problem with saying yes to what is, and this practice is not in any way going "against" what is - what it really is doing for me is creating choices where I didn't think I had them :)
Heidi
http://www.heidimayo.com
wonderment on the third wave
heidi

Postby AYAM » Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:41 pm

Hi Heidi,

Can you explain a little about immunics. I think you may have mentioned it on another site? Is it like kinesiology. Where can I read more about it. I'd like to try it.

thanks

Ayam :)
AYAM

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:23 pm

Hi Ayam, ah hem,
I have been reading Power vs. Force, so I started doing self-kinesiology, and when I was researching it and figuring out the best way for me to do it, I stumbled onto http://www.immunics.org.

Immunics operates on the pronciple of basically, and these are my words, changing your morphogenetic self through self-testing, which in turn changes you. And with immunics, it's removing pathology and installing immunity and health. There are some wonderful things about how they do it, and how it can be shared, and other aspects feel very cultish to me - but, as with anything, I take what I need and leave the rest. They have asked me to moderate the eyesight cure buddies group, and I haven't committed because, being the rebel and non-joiner I am - yep, that's my story - I am turned off by the churchish aspects of it, it's a bit too "religious" for my taste.
However I cured my first thing very easily, and I really enjoy drilling through my bodies and getting rid of pathology and installing health. They have many groups for different diseases. and tons of material - almost too much. One of their biggest spokesmen is a bit of a turn-off to me - kind of affected, but the work is good, and very powerful, so I am remaining open and practicing it with success.

Hope I answered your questions.
email me off-forum if you have more questions since this is quite off- topic .

Postby Clare » Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:24 pm

Hey Heidi and Ayam, and all :)

I am glad Ayam asked you about it, Heidi, because I have been curious myself. What you said made me go all tingly because it is being shown to me over and over that the new way of healing is very much about tracking energy systems and allowing body response and intuitive dowsing of various kinds to guide us in a much more active kind of healing process than we have previously had. Body Alignment Technique --what I do -- also uses kineseology as it's main source of finding imbalance, but this is mixed with access points in the body, energy healing and emotional processing to get to the root cause of an imblance and realign it. It's literally like being an energy archaeologist, and I find it very exciting. It appeals to the spiritual adventurer in me :)

I found similar echoes in Emotional freedom technique, and now Immunics. This is cutting edge stuff. The sense I get about these methods of healing is they are not ancient methods being rediscovered: they are new. I was speaking with my friend Steve today and he is reading a channelled book by a being who calls Itself Kryon. In this book (and we were only talking about this today) Kryon explains that at the time of the Harmonic Convergence the Higher Beings literally did a stock take of the level of light on this planet, and found it to be at a completely new all time high. The reason there are so many dramatic happenings is because the extent of light being projected is literally making the earth go through a huge clearing process. Rather like the way people do if they have either an attunement or ritual that raises their personal vibration ; it creates a purging of negativity which can sometimes be traumatic. Anyway, because of htis new level, They saw that healing and spiritual work could be taken to a new level. To simplify, although I am sure this is not all of it, they decided that now we could be far more active in our own healing, as opposed to up to that point having to rely on Higher Beings to work through us, our own access to Divine Energy was raised to the extent that we could take more personal responsibility. I was only saying today how I have seen this in all these new healing techniques that get people to actively change their own energy system to higher levels and also the various channelled meditaions to clear karma and drop our mind.

It's all because we graduated. Ain't it grand! :D

Love to all
Clare

Postby Clare » Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:31 pm

Oh , and sorry if this is off topic. No disrespect to the thread meant. Perhaps we can clip these posts and create a new thread with them? I would be very interested to hear others' views on this.

Clare
Clare

Postby summer » Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:48 am

Hi friend,
I wanted to get back to your "there and back again" theme.
When I first read Tolle, there was a real feeling of 'this is it" For me, it really sunk in how my spiritual ego had been my identity as a seeker of truth. So, while it meant the search was over, it also left me without my identity as a seeker.
And while the highs seemed higher, the lows also seemed lower. As if the grey fuzz had evaporated and I was left with black and white

It still seems that way sometimes :)

The contrast between inner peace and the noise of the pain body is pretty extreme. As Eckhart says, our story has a lot of momentum. Not only in our minds, but in our physical bodies and the world that we have created around us.

Anything that we are afraid of, will try to grab our attention.
Health issues, relationships, financial security....you name it?

It seems like pure love is living without any fears at all.
And like a snake or a lizard, we shed the skins when we are truly ready

love,
summer
summer

Postby a_friend » Wed Feb 23, 2005 6:34 pm

yes, thank you summer. i've read eckhart and others say that there is an oscillation in the awakening process for some. As if the ego was fighting back for the sake of its survival. That's definitely how i have felt -- as if everything that i believed i'd gotten over and grown past suddenly came back to life again and with even greater strength than before. And its hard not to feel guilty about my marriage and my wife getting the short end of that stick. But i know (intellectually) that the guilt is just another expression of the ego. And i can't help but want my wife to stick around long enough to see a greater good unfold (again, more ego). i do find myself surrendering more and more.

In one interview, somebody asked ET how long does it take, or how many times does one go back and forth between an awakened state and a normal egoic state? and of course, his answer was that "how long" is the wrong question to be asking. so i guess in the meantime i'm just stuck with surrender and acceptance and all that stuff that i won't have to do once wake up, hehehe ;)

a friend
a_friend

Postby summer » Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:18 am

I hear you, friend :)
Guilt and blame are like Elmer's glue for the "Poor me" entity.

What also helps for me, is to remember not to take it all so personally. After all, am I really even a person? I don't know.
To notice that the mind is thinking some pretty negative thoughts. In the realm of duality there are positve thoughts and negative thoughts. And all humans share this experience.
The trick seems to be to not give them much value and attention. When I notice that the mind is playing the same old tune, to feel the energy in my body, rather than try to think my way through all the problems the mind likes to focus on.

I appreciate your honesty. And I truly understand the process that you are experiencing. We will be just fine.

Sending you a hug
summer
summer

Postby a_friend » Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:35 am

ah, that's super sweet of you, summer, thank you again! of course, you're right. and in all honesty, i have been feeling the energey of my body as much as possible. then things that would normally turn into "negative" thoughts usually end up just staying as some interesting sensations in different places in my body. and i've learned the lesson of not taking it personally at least two dozen times already, but somehow i keep forgetting it. but its gotta stick eventually, right? anyway, i'm feelin better already and i hope to write something a little more pleasant and a little less whiny soon :)

abrazos,
a friend
a_friend

Postby barbarasher » Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:42 am

a-friend

I do not find you whiny at all. I appreciate you talking about real issues.

I would like this to be a place where we can work out issues. And not a place where we all have to "look good" or not write.

When I notice that the mind is playing the same old tune, to feel the energy in my body, rather than try to think my way through all the problems the mind likes to focus on.

I like this.
barbarasher

Postby heidi » Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:53 pm

barbarasher wrote:
I would like this to be a place where we can work out issues. And not a place where we all have to "look good" or not write.

Thanks for saying that, Barbara. I think a big part of consciousness is accepting what is, warts and all, and making choices that enhance healing and joy based on that acceptance.

I am so glad you all are here, and I truly do hope that the biggest purpose of this forum is to share and heal.

And as Summer so poetically said,
summer wrote:
It seems like pure love is living without any fears at all.
And like a snake or a lizard, we shed the skins when we are truly ready

Let this be a place where there is no judgement. I notice that removing judgement makes room for big joy :)
Thank you all for Being Here :)
Heidi
http://www.heidimayo.com
wonderment on the third wave
heidi

Next

Return to Personal Experiences