There and Back Again

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.

Postby a_friend » Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:49 pm

yes, again i'd like to thank everyone for being such an encouragement and a good example of stillness and responding out of stillness.

a friend
a_friend

Postby barbarasher » Fri Feb 25, 2005 6:25 am

Heidi,

Thank you.

Heidi and Eric, well done for creating this forum! It shows a beautiful spirit and a dedication to implementing what you believe in.
barbarasher

Postby erict » Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:56 am

I'm back! :)

I've been really busy for a while, and the little free time that I've had, I didn't have any strength or desire left for anything. And on top of that I forgot my password. But now I recovered it, and even have some free time to post.

It's kind of ironic that this forum was actually propelled into being by something negative that happened on another Tolle forum :) That's actually a great example of how something that first seems negative really turns out to be quite positive!
"Be sincere; don't ask questions out of mere interest. Ask dangerous questions—the ones whose answers could change your life."
erict
Site-Admin
Site-Admin

What's the address

Postby IamOM » Sat Apr 30, 2005 9:03 am

What's the address of the other forum.
I'd like to check it out.
Without a thought you know.
IamOM

Postby ECM » Mon May 09, 2005 1:55 am

I've been experiencing that "on and off" feeling for the past two months- trying to learn to accept it.
It's funny that watching TV brings upon a very very negative pain body within myself.
Does anyone else get that?

Did that just sound like I was blaming some negative feelings on my TV??
I didn't mean for it to sound like that... just making some emotional observations!
ECM

Postby heidi » Sat May 14, 2005 8:48 pm

Hi ECM - I find that TV is often a very low energy, and some of the sh*t can actually lower my life force if I react to it rather than merely observe it. The manipulation there, say commercials and Fox news and stuff like that, make me cranky since I know so many people believe what they see/hear and are being manipulated by our big business government.

I really understood what dynamic was working after I'd read Power vs Force by David Hawkins. Some things such as greed, manipulation, victimhood, etc. calibrate low energy that can have the effect of bringing one down. With this knowledge I have been better at observing rather than judging - but I still do judge since this ego likes to be on top of the truth and point it out to others who may not see it. :oops:

Avoidance works for me. :)
Heidi
http://www.heidimayo.com
wonderment on the third wave
heidi

Postby erict » Sun May 15, 2005 1:55 am

I've decided, a few years ago, to stop watching the news. Like it's not enough that I get influenced by all the negativity in the people around me, and constantly pulled into their drama, when I am trying to live differently. People and stuff around does influence us. And the news is such a skewed, biased and fucked up representation of reality. If you keep watching the news, it may seem like we're living in a really fucked up world, that has nothing but violence, destruction, hate and disasters. But most of the other things that are happenning, the positive things, they are just not newsworthy.
And most people just don't get it, how is it that I can not follow the news. What is wrong with me, how can I live in the world and not follow what is going on around me. Like the news is any kind of adequate representation of reality.

It has occured to me, or maybe it wasn't my thought, but I'm not sure anymore, that the level of terrorist going on in Israel would reduce if it wasn't being so well covered by the news. This kind of war is mostly psychological. The biggest effect it has is far beyond the few victims, it is the fear that is instilled into people's minds. I believe the news coverage the terror acts get, does a lot to promote more of them.
"Be sincere; don't ask questions out of mere interest. Ask dangerous questions—the ones whose answers could change your life."
erict
Site-Admin
Site-Admin

Postby ECM » Thu May 19, 2005 3:55 am

David Hawkins-
Thanks for the suggestion- will check that out right now.

Also-
I'm about 2 months into my Discovery of Now-

Please allow me to elaborate on what's been going on with my discovery of the NOW .
At first my understanding of the NOW was so intense exactly what I needed to hear and now I feel as if I'm trying (yes,trying is resisting) to get that silence and peaceful feeling back that I felt after the first three weeks of reading the Now.
This resistance to wanting that peaceful silence back is bringing me back to a highly unconcious state - and the intervals between being in the NOW and being unconsious are getting longer and longer.

Perhaps it's what has been going on in my life.. the events that are changing this month.

Change is all around me-

Perhaps my labeling of calling in change is were I'm forgetting my silence?

There are no answers here- Just observation within myself.

I also feel as if my pain body is coming on full force with my flow now-

Perhaps my observing this is more concious and in the NOW than I realize.
ECM

Postby ECM » Thu May 19, 2005 4:02 am

ahhh -
maybe an explanation taken from another thread:

"Yes, his egoic structure collapsed suddenly.

In most cases that collapse is gradual.

When it's sudden the contrast is sharp and can be disorienting. When it's gradual there is a 'getting used to it' adjustment period with a 'going in and out of presence' until it stabilizes. After a while presence gets to be very 'normal'. There is no dwelling on the contrast of one's previous life after a while; that life, when thought about, is remembered as more of a dream life."
ECM

Postby kiki » Fri May 20, 2005 5:00 pm

Hi ECM,

"Perhaps my labeling of calling in change is were I'm forgetting my silence?"

Anytime one reverts to mental labeling, judging, commenting, or dwelling on 'past' experiences or projecting into 'future' scenarios silence becomes obscured.

Silence is always here because it is your very nature. Difficulties can arise when ego (just another mental construction which has no reality of its own) mistakenly believes that it can acquire silence/stillness, that it can own it and claim it as its own. This is a fallacy and is what keeps one trapped in delusion, keeps mind spinning away and expending energy in chasing what it thinks it needs/wants. This very activity is what keeps silence unnoticed.

You/awareness are the witness of all that is unfolding. Due to the witness/You all mental labels projected by the ego are illuminated. Think about that - if not for awareness (You) how would it be known that there isn't 'silence'? Instead of following/believing a storyline created by the ego (which will cover the silence) OBSERVE the storylines as just that - stories. Continued recognition of stories AS STORIES tends to diminish the arising of stories. What will then become more noticeable, more obvious, is awareness itself - YOU! At some point it will hit you that this awareness has always been here, and with it is the silence as well because the nature of awareness is stillness/silence.

So, relax back into your own natural state of unconditioned awareness. Watch all that happens without judgment/labeling. When stories arise as to how things should or shouldn't be you know that you've become snared by ego again, that awareness has modified itself into some sort of 'thing'. Take no heed of stories as being 'real' but only a mental perspective of a temporary (and therefore unreal) entity. You/awareness are unmodified pure awareness and the only 'thing' that is real because only awareness is ALWAYS present.

kiki
kiki

Postby ECM » Tue May 24, 2005 4:52 am

Thanks Kiki for the last post.
It helps.

I've been also using what ET refers to as Sign Post. One in particular is the sign post illusion. I've been falling back on that a bit when certain situations become difficult.

It is what it is.
ECM

Previous

Return to Personal Experiences