Conscious living

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.

Re: Conscious living

Postby smiileyjen101 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:27 am

Welcome back to the board Dan... it's energy just grew bundles in your love and enthusiasm.

Love love love that you re-iterate the response-ability of consciousness so brilliantly.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Postby Dan_Clizer » Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:14 am

smiileyjen101 wrote:Welcome back to the board Dan... it's energy just grew bundles in your love and enthusiasm.

Love love love that you re-iterate the response-ability of consciousness so brilliantly.

Thank you Jen! I appreciate your beautiful, kind and loving welcome! Its good to be back and it always feels good to be appreciated.

I would like to say to you: Thank you also for the loving care you put into this board! I've not read all your posts, but I don't need to, I know your heart. The forum is so blessed to have you. I humbly bow to you. I humbly bow to all of you, you are all Creator.

Love,
Dan
Dan_Clizer

Postby Sighclone » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:53 pm

Dan -

What a lovely long post!! Welcome back!!

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Postby Dan_Clizer » Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:00 pm

Sighclone wrote:Dan -

What a lovely long post!! Welcome back!!

Andy

Thank you Andy! I appreciate it! Its lovely to be back, I've been just kinda high since yesterday when I got back on :-)
When we share like we do on this forum, we mix energy and remember better Who We Are...

Love,
Dan
Dan_Clizer

Postby Natalie » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:01 am

WW wrote:

"sense that love and compassion is far more important in life than philosophies. Give me a relationship with one who is kind and caring over one who pounds the truth of their beliefs."

This didn’t become self evident to me until not too long ago. I always resisted, even fought, my husband’s natural ability for kindness and compassion. It’s still a little shocking to me at times to see that I’ve lived most of my life with my head up you know where. Really.

Haans wrote:

"Be sure to keep him away from Barry Long, or you will get in real trouble."
Hehehehe, thanks for the tip amigo.

Andy wrote:

"I took a risk of giving the book "Present Perfect" by Gregory Boyd to a Christian friend. Pastor Boyd talks about being present with God, every minute of every day. He also has an Appendix which attacks Eckhart Tolle! BUT...his discussions of presence are pretty solid, if you use a broad definition of God. Pure Presence is the portal to Source, regardless of any dogma. So, my recommendation (and I honor that it is a bit extreme) is that you get a copy of the book, read it and maybe give it to your husband, even though it has the anti-ET comments at the end."

Andy, one great friend of mine is a devout devout catholic. She attends mass daily. Her son committed suicide before she got sober in AA 22 years ago. She talks about ‘practicing the presence of God’ and explains it as trying to be constantly aware of the presence of God every minute of every day. She is one of the most spiritual persons I know. It may be hard for some to accept that a devout anything could also be spiritual, but she is. She just celebrated her 80th birthday and her two surviving sons with their entire families came from half way across the globe to be with her.

Thanks for the book recommendation. Now, this sergeant major is heavily into American military history books, but you never know, he may surprise me.

Runstrails wrote:

"My husband sounds a lot like yours! He is very rational and has tremendous clarity. Does not live in the past or future at all (this makes for an incredibly poor memory, I've noticed ). And of course, with clarity and lack of judgment comes tremendous compassion. So a conscious approach to life has really helped my relationship with him too. He does not have any religious beliefs and routinely makes fun of ET and gang--and I actually appreciate that very much! Laughing at oneself is so essential."

Yes, this is true, though my husband can be judgemental and narrow minded when it comes to issues, countries or people our country is presently at war with. I believe he must be this way in order to survive and even thrive in his military career. This used to bug me a lot, but now, for the most part, I remain unaffected, and am more cognizant of the fact that I, too, lived and still live to a certain extent with many many misconceptions. In the last two years or so, I’ve come to accept, even admire many of the same traits I used to intensely dislike.
Natalie

Postby Sighclone » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:34 am

Barry Long was a very assertive, even "dogmatic" nondual teacher. Not exactly my style, but his stuff is solid and clear. If he were around, I'd need some expansion on a few of his points which seem to be made "for effect" as much as to draw a meaningful clear pointer. I'm not complaining about him or discounting his works -- at his worst, in my opinion, he is a good read. To each his/her own style.

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Postby Webwanderer » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:21 pm

The thing about one who is naturally loving and compassionate is that those qualities fit well in just about any context (philosophy) of life. Their presence is generally enjoyable regardless of conditions. However if one is generally bereft of such qualities, and somehow takes up a life context of non-duality or some other philosophy, that one may still be quite abrasive and difficult with those they interact with. Seems there's a certain website sometimes mentioned that expresses that abrasiveness quite clearly. I also get the same sense from those who proselytize with warnings of hell and damnation.

So yes, love and compassion make for better relationships than even the best of philosophies. It may also be that love and compassion effectively softens one's perspective making the transformation of knowledge into wisdom more likely.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby Sighclone » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:33 am

It may also be that love and compassion effectively softens one's perspective making the transformation of knowledge into wisdom more likely.

Ooooh...that's a nice phrase.....thanks, Webby....

Andy
Sighclone

Postby Beliving » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:50 am

Thank you all for sharing…

I’m experiencing a kind of "lucid living" these days……I have not eaten anything for about 4 days…I just drink water….

Does anyone else have similar experience like this?

Namaste
Beliving

Postby Beliving » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:52 am

Thank you all for sharing…

I’m experiencing a kind of lucid living these days……I have not eaten anything for about 4 days…I just drink water….I feel I can do this for the rest of my life…

Does anyone else have similar experience like this?

Namaste
Beliving

Postby Sighclone » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:42 am

That seems a little extreme. Buddha talked about the Middle Path, after years of ascetic living. Fasting is part of some religious traditions, but we don't hear about it much in nondual circles. I'd certainly urge you to live a healthy life, which would include eating.

Andy
Sighclone

Postby Beliving » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:33 am

Thanks, Andy - I started to eat again today. It was an unusual experience. I did not plan on fasting. It just happened...

Namaste
Beliving

Postby smiileyjen101 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:49 am

So yes, love and compassion make for better relationships than even the best of philosophies. It may also be that love and compassion effectively softens one's perspective making the transformation of knowledge into wisdom more likely.

WW and all, do you think you need two in a relationship to be universally loving and compassionate could this can transmute fear, clinging, possessiveness in one partner, or is a loving, compassionate person likely to scare the crap out of them?

Would it be fair to continue the relationship say if one is universally loving, compassionate and forgiving and the other sees this as not making the relationship between the two 'sacred' eg 'you seem to love everyone else as much as me...' or would it be more loving and compassionate to part, rather than cause greater angst to the more finitely loving/compassionate one?
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
smiileyjen101

Postby Webwanderer » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:47 am

smiileyjen101 wrote:Would it be fair to continue the relationship say if one is universally loving, compassionate and forgiving and the other sees this as not making the relationship between the two 'sacred' eg 'you seem to love everyone else as much as me...' or would it be more loving and compassionate to part, rather than cause greater angst to the more finitely loving/compassionate one?

Who's to say save those in the relationship. Could go either way. As I feel you already are aware, there can be considerable complexity in a relationship. There may well be factors that make continuation of a relationship best regardless of outward appearances. Who knows what evolutionary elements may be working themselves out, for either party. I think one may get a sense of what's best if that one is open to one's inherent inner guidance.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby smiileyjen101 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:25 am

There may well be factors that make continuation of a relationship best regardless of outward appearances. Who knows what evolutionary elements may be working themselves out, for either party.

Thanks WW - may we go deeper on this, I think you have the vibration for it and welcome contributions from anyone else who feels it too :D

I think it is a universal dilemma.

As my tagline suggests - our rights end where another's begin - so where is the line in this?
I know I have been capable of great learning and growth through intensely painful experiences, but if one doesn't recognise that, there is only the pain of one who is unconscious that there is a higher experience happening.

I think one may get a sense of what's best if that one is open to one's inherent inner guidance.

If I turn to my inner guidance I have the same duality - spiritual understanding, connection with the soul that wants to free itself from the binds of unconsciousness - but because the physical one is unaware of that conversation even going on there is also empathy and compassion for the unconscious physical manifestation of the choices of that soul.

If you recall that story 'little soul and the sun' at what point does a soul recognise that they are not the right angel in body to assist another soul to re-member who they really are? Free will being a physical reality.

ah.. there is likely no answer to this because it is each's choice in the moment - you can only get to knowing by knowing, you can only know you can choose by choosing, you can only be by being.

Sometimes I think it would be so much easier to not know, but then again it would be so much easier if everyone did know.

Stay with me... take me deeper... please.
smiileyjen101

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Experiences