direct knowing

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.
runstrails

direct knowing

Post by runstrails » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:27 pm

I’m at a place right now—where I have this ‘direct knowing’. Of course, if you were to ask me ‘what exactly I know?”—your question would be met with a blank stare.

There is nothing to express in words, or nothing to communicate in human terms or language. That’s it…there is a clear knowing—but I can’t even tell you of what :D

This knowing, however, has eliminated the desire for seeking.. No more questions, because I know— what do I know? I just cannot answer that. Don’t have a clue. So, in mind terms, I know nothing special.

At the practical everyday level, everything is the same. My memory is fine, I am analytical & curious at work and home, engaged with life. I enjoy this forum tremendously since it serves as a great reminder not to get too caught up in everyday life. But that’s about it spiritually these days. Of course, who knows what tomorrow brings.

Just thought I would share.

Ralph

Re: direct knowing

Post by Ralph » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:45 pm

Thanks for sharing that runstrails. It resonates over here.

Just curious, in this place of 'direct knowing', does the question of 'free will' even come up ? I ask this because in another thread, there is an ongoing dialog of endless words that are taking on this question.

By the way, it sure is a good place to be with no seeking and no questions, isn't it ? .... now, keep your eyes open for when the next hook comes in :wink:

runstrails

Post by runstrails » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:03 pm

Hi Ralph,

Actually, it was the free-will thread that made me realize this!

I used to have this insatiable curiosity to answer all sorts of existential questions, why are we here, do we have free will, what happens after death and on and on. Now, poof---it's gone. Those don't seem like relevant questions any more.

Regarding the free will thread, none of the points of view seem to matter much to me from where I'm at. But I'm enjoying reading the thread. I can't even bring myself to take sides :wink:

This direct knowing is sort of blank and deep at the same time.

Ralph

Post by Ralph » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:37 pm

runstrails wrote:
I used to have this insatiable curiosity to answer all sorts of existential questions, why are we here, do we have free will, what happens after death and on and on. Now, poof---it's gone. Those don't seem like relevant questions any more.
Yes, I feel the same way. I like what Jeff Foster said (paraphrasing) " to end the questions is to end the questioner" , in other words, to really end the questions is to end the one who asks the questions.

Here is a clip from Jeff Foster that addresses exactly what I think you are talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeOhJ8-aGiE&NR=1

Ralph

Post by Ralph » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:40 pm

runstrails wrote:
Now, poof---it's gone.
...there you go folks, the whole spiritual search can be summed up in one sentence.

"Now, poof---it's gone." :D

mmy

Post by mmy » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:57 am

I resonate with this as well. Thanks for articulating it runstrails. Mostly, I cannot put a lot of words to what I know and now pointers for me seem to have to be a short, direct hit. I still have questions sometimes but when they arise they no longer have that grasp to go on an analytical search for the answers. I seem to naturally remember what I know or where I need to look from.

snowheight

Post by snowheight » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:11 pm

Ralph wrote: Just curious, in this place of 'direct knowing', does the question of 'free will' even come up ? I ask this because in another thread, there is an ongoing dialog of endless words that are taking on this question.
runstrails wrote:I used to have this insatiable curiosity to answer all sorts of existential questions, why are we here, do we have free will, what happens after death and on and on. Now, poof---it's gone. Those don't seem like relevant questions any more.

Regarding the free will thread, none of the points of view seem to matter much to me from where I'm at. But I'm enjoying reading the thread. I can't even bring myself to take sides :wink:
Glad that that thread was of help. Through discord comes harmony ( :lol: ) ... I'm more than happy to be the cautionary tale ! ... But c'mon guys, admit it, the Universe loves a great train wreck!
Stop talking. Hear every sound as background. Look straight ahead and focus. Take one deep breath. This is you. This is Now.