Life in Slow Motion

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.

Life in Slow Motion

Postby a_friend » Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:19 am

Have any of you ever experienced life in slow motion? This has happened to me a few times over the years. When I first got my driver's license my friends and i used to love to drive to San Francisco's Chinatown on weekends (to buy ninja stars and whatnot -- how funny is that??? hehehe) Anyway, on one such occasion, there was a really old chinese guy playing this kind of homemade stringed instrument, kinda like a chinese cello or something. I gave him a buck or something and as i looked at him time kind of stopped. He looked back at me and nodded and i continued walking, but it seemed to take forever. I know this is cheesy, but at the time, i thought maybe he was an angel or something. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with Being or what, but i've never forgotten that moment, and i still remember it with a smile :)

a friend
a_friend

Postby heidi » Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:41 am

Hey friend - I find that certain people resonate at certain frequencies, just as stuff things and situations do. Maybe he was a very present guy, and you picked up on his nowness. :) Not cheesy at all.

When I am around people who are judging or opinionated, I feel the drain. When I am around people whose energy is present, I get energized and joyous.

When I do art, time stands still, yet I am in motion - and then other life stuff comes in and I find that a lot of time has passed.
Heidi
http://www.heidimayo.com
wonderment on the third wave
heidi

Postby summer » Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:53 pm

The other day I was driving my car, and suddenly my foot hit the brake. I looked, and sure enough a car ahead of me was moving into the same lane that I was in. It all happened so fast. My eyes hadn't seen the other car yet and my mind hadn't had enough time to think about putting on the brakes.

I wondered 'who did that?"

Some may say instinct. Or a guardian angel.

And yet I have a hunch that our awareness functions in this realm of "no time' It is instantaneous.

Our minds functions slower than this. As though our whole experience is in slow motion :)
And since time is so relative anyway, what is normal time?

Am I making any sense? :lol:
summer

Return to Personal Experiences