Consciousness Regained After Re-reading ET's TPON

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.
eagle2phoenix

Consciousness Regained After Re-reading ET's TPON

Post by eagle2phoenix » Fri May 20, 2011 11:01 am

I got lost and into depression, from ordinary unconsciousness into deep unconsciousness recently, falling victim to my ego and pain body. I was feeling hurt, anger, resistance, animosity towards my husband. I was in the mind-made world of noise. After going for walks in the park for 2 days, to be away from my family so that they are not exposed to my toxicity, I was "directed" to re-read ET's The Power of Now. As I was reading the book (after laying it down for a couple of years), I found deep healing as ET's words penetrated my being. I felt the ego and pain body diminish.

This time, I intend to stay present, so that I do not get into the same rut again (as I do so often) and remember to embrace my Inner Body. It will take a lot of effort and by keeping the book by my side, I am quite sure that my words (presence) will hold true.

And now I am back to this discussion community to re-learn what I lost in psychological time (led by the mind, the ego and accentuated by the pain body, which now reside in dormant). Thank you ET for your blessed book.
Life is fascinating. Nature is beautiful. Live life with nature.

HandfullaMinerals

Re: Consciousness Regained After Re-reading ET's TPON

Post by HandfullaMinerals » Fri May 20, 2011 11:29 am

Can I ask, did the book resonate the first time you read it?

And are you one of those readers who it didn't work for, until you ripened to the message?
It is the ego which raises difficulties, creating obstacles and then suffers from the perplexity of apparent paradoxes. Find out who makes the enquiries and the Self will be found.

snowheight

Post by snowheight » Fri May 20, 2011 7:47 pm

eagle2phoenix wrote: This time, I intend to stay present, so that I do not get into the same rut again (as I do so often) and remember to embrace my Inner Body. It will take a lot of effort and by keeping the book by my side, I am quite sure that my words (presence) will hold true.
A great irony that something so simple which is inside of us always sometimes requires effort -- don't let that bother you, that's fine! -- every individual perspective is different! ... so your path or non-path might be very very different from that of another. See the humor in this irony.

Keep in mind and heart the core of the message of acceptance and surrender ... even those manifestations .. actually especially those manifestations -- those which are particularly hard on your pain-body require non-struggle, not resistance.

Those times when the false-self starts to coalesce, as long as they are observed, are opportunities to go deeper into the Now.
Stop talking. Hear every sound as background. Look straight ahead and focus. Take one deep breath. This is you. This is Now.

eagle2phoenix

Post by eagle2phoenix » Wed May 25, 2011 3:12 pm

I used the word effort because I keep slipping into unconsciousness (yes, I am aware that the mind is chattering, the ego is ready at arms, the pain body lurking in the dark) and have to constantly remind myself to stay awake. And yes, the books resonated to my inner self both times I read them.

And as ET said, the mind/ego is really clever and will try all ways to take over. Shortly after I posted my experience, I lost it again momentarily. So easy to lose it...
Life is fascinating. Nature is beautiful. Live life with nature.

DanWyns

Post by DanWyns » Wed May 25, 2011 5:26 pm

Best wishes in your search for Understanding. I'm still searching too.

and another thing .... don't beat yourself up. that's the ironic thing, your mission is to still the mind, yet the mind is currently winning, and it still beats you up about it. silence never will
Last edited by DanWyns on Thu May 26, 2011 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Part of me suspects that I'm a loser, and the other part of me thinks I'm God Almighty” - John Lennon

snowheight

Post by snowheight » Wed May 25, 2011 7:31 pm

eagle2phoenix wrote:I used the word effort because I keep slipping into unconsciousness (yes, I am aware that the mind is chattering, the ego is ready at arms, the pain body lurking in the dark) and have to constantly remind myself to stay awake. And yes, the books resonated to my inner self both times I read them.

And as ET said, the mind/ego is really clever and will try all ways to take over. Shortly after I posted my experience, I lost it again momentarily. So easy to lose it...

Try lots of different approaches. Try some direct, immediate techniques. Try meditation. What you seem to be describing seems similar to what I've heard described here as a "mindfulness practice" -- keep doing that and also keep reading Tolle. Check out some of his videos online also, they are great! Lots of great hidden gems here in the forum if you spend some time perusing.

And to echo Dan, ALWAYS forgive yourself for being unconscious or what you do while unconscious. How could what you truly are not forgive?
Stop talking. Hear every sound as background. Look straight ahead and focus. Take one deep breath. This is you. This is Now.