I feel ripped-off, and I'm mad at Eckhar Tolle

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.

Re: I feel ripped-off, and I'm mad at Eckhar Tolle

Postby Lowrey » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:38 pm

openvista wrote:Nobody can tell you how long it takes *for you* to get to the other side of all that. For me, I had about 6 months of the kind of hell I wouldn't wish on any of my abusers. And since then periodically and progressively less often, I have had, let's call them "invitations to dance". What I mean is this phenomenon arises in my body and I discovered that the more I believed in what the thoughts were saying during the "outbreak", the worse the experience got. BUT, if I process the phenomenon in real time as SENSATIONS on a pure physical level without labeling them or fearing them, they go away in pretty short order and it isn't painful at all.

aha. reading this part makes me be sure that you know what I experience. can't even comment on it.
Lowrey

Re: I feel ripped-off, and I'm mad at Eckhart Tolle

Postby Mariposa » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:40 pm

Hey, look at this Osho quote I found:

OK, doesn't allow me to copy and paste, so here is the link, it's about fear.

http://www.osho.com/online-library-disb ... a-04e.aspx

:)
Mariposa

Postby TylerDurden » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:13 am

Lowrey,

What's going on, man? Dude, looks like you're going through some suffering. Liberation can be quite a death/rebirth process. Looks like you're going through death and telling yourself you don't want the rebirth. There is peace eventually. Looks like Eckhart started a fire in your tent. Can you make things go back to how they were before? Is that working out for you? This looks like a classic case of awakening, if you want my opinion. You took the first step, and now you can't put out the flames. If you seriously don't want what you got a glimpse of, I respect that. But, you'd be surprised at what remains if you let it all burn down. Come on in, the water is fine.
You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.
TylerDurden

Postby Lowrey2 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:47 pm

TylerDurden wrote:Lowrey,

What's going on, man? Dude, looks like you're going through some suffering. Liberation can be quite a death/rebirth process. Looks like you're going through death and telling yourself you don't want the rebirth. There is peace eventually. Looks like Eckhart started a fire in your tent. Can you make things go back to how they were before? Is that working out for you? This looks like a classic case of awakening, if you want my opinion. You took the first step, and now you can't put out the flames. If you seriously don't want what you got a glimpse of, I respect that. But, you'd be surprised at what remains if you let it all burn down. Come on in, the water is fine.

Look, I experienced classic symptoms of panic attacks, anxiety and depersonalization. I don't believe it's in any way connected to Tolle. Or, the only way is the fear that I had that I somehow "destroyed" myself with meditation.

I don't feel like I got insight to anything "big". The state I got in, didn't feel like I'm "connected" to everything. I haven't feel any peace since the first attack, or if I had, it was always "buried" under the anxiety.

If this is enlightenment, then enlgihtenment is false, fake and terrible. If you believe this can be enlightenment-connected then delete your account now and forget about the whole thing because it is something none of you want to experience, trust me.

I don't feel like we're "one". I also don't believe in these things, but it seriously doesn't feel like that also. I feel like my head is full of "energy", anger, sorrow.

The only thing changed after the panic attack, that a lot of things can scare me to death, including the "illusion of self" or how you call it.

I also honestly don't feel like Tolle has any serious truth (especially not a truth that I should be scared of). He's fking right about being present, be here, do what you do now, 100%, and don't think about stuff that has nothing to do with what you do now. That's a GREAT advice. One of the bests I ever got. But I don't feel like I'm an illusion. I also don't feel like I'm one with everything. I'm just sometimes (in a panic attack), just freaking scared of the idea (just like the idea that I'm mentally ill, scizo, or any other stupid fears).

But thanks I'm doing a lot better now. What I describe above is not really my current state but how I felt 2 months ago.

After 10-15 panic attacks I realized that even if I'm scared to DEATH, nothing happens. I don't die, my "self don't collapse" (:D ), my heart don't stop, nothing.
Lowrey2

Postby Pako Chubi » Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:44 am

Lowrey2 wrote: Look, I experienced classic symptoms of panic attacks, anxiety and depersonalization. I don't believe it's in any way connected to Tolle. Or, the only way is the fear that I had that I somehow "destroyed" myself with meditation.

I don't feel like I got insight to anything "big". The state I got in, didn't feel like I'm "connected" to everything. I haven't feel any peace since the first attack, or if I had, it was always "buried" under the anxiety.

If this is enlightenment, then enlgihtenment is false, fake and terrible. If you believe this can be enlightenment-connected then delete your account now and forget about the whole thing because it is something none of you want to experience, trust me.

I don't feel like we're "one". I also don't believe in these things, but it seriously doesn't feel like that also. I feel like my head is full of "energy", anger, sorrow.

The only thing changed after the panic attack, that a lot of things can scare me to death, including the "illusion of self" or how you call it.

I also honestly don't feel like Tolle has any serious truth (especially not a truth that I should be scared of). He's fking right about being present, be here, do what you do now, 100%, and don't think about stuff that has nothing to do with what you do now. That's a GREAT advice. One of the bests I ever got. But I don't feel like I'm an illusion. I also don't feel like I'm one with everything. I'm just sometimes (in a panic attack), just freaking scared of the idea (just like the idea that I'm mentally ill, scizo, or any other stupid fears).

But thanks I'm doing a lot better now. What I describe above is not really my current state but how I felt 2 months ago.

After 10-15 panic attacks I realized that even if I'm scared to DEATH, nothing happens. I don't die, my "self don't collapse" (:D ), my heart don't stop, nothing.

Hey dude!
there's nothing wrong in not believing in oness or in the ilussion of the self, in fact it is great. Neither is something wrong not experiencing that states of consciousness...
and. in fact, you are taking notice of the only or most important thing to take notice: the present moment and being present.
That's enough. That's essential.
But, let me ask you: Are you really living in presence? Is really the present moment the focus of your life?
If not, then you should try again, or try becoming present through other door, through other way. There are lots of ways of becoming present. I sometimes become present by laughing, by taking life not so seriously, by breathing, by becoming alert, etc. You choose one, and see what happens... As well as you chose just some of the words eckhart speaked or writed and used them and helped you, choose some of the doors to presence and try. Take it as an experiment :mrgreen:
It will help you a lot... maybe not inmediatly, maybe yes...but if you get into it, it will help you for sure.
And it is so simple... any meditation, any spiritual pointer, any door to presence is so simple...
un saludo amigo :)
Pako Chubi

Postby Lowrey2 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:32 am

Pako Chubi wrote:
Hey dude!
there's nothing wrong in not believing in oness or in the ilussion of the self, in fact it is great. Neither is something wrong not experiencing that states of consciousness...
and. in fact, you are taking notice of the only or most important thing to take notice: the present moment and being present.
That's enough. That's essential.
But, let me ask you: Are you really living in presence? Is really the present moment the focus of your life?
If not, then you should try again, or try becoming present through other door, through other way. There are lots of ways of becoming present. I sometimes become present by laughing, by taking life not so seriously, by breathing, by becoming alert, etc. You choose one, and see what happens... As well as you chose just some of the words eckhart speaked or writed and used them and helped you, choose some of the doors to presence and try. Take it as an experiment :mrgreen:
It will help you a lot... maybe not inmediatly, maybe yes...but if you get into it, it will help you for sure.
And it is so simple... any meditation, any spiritual pointer, any door to presence is so simple...
un saludo amigo :)

thanks for your replyy!

If I live in presence? well, that's a story. I was living in "presence" for a year. (not like it is possible to not live in presence :) )

after, out of the blue, I got a panic attack, and it changed everything. next monts, I was everywhere but in the present moment. Irrational, stupid thoughts making me panic constantly. Like, I'm thinking about death, and how everybody will die and how everything I achieve will disappear. And I was AWARE that these thoughts are stupid, so I was like "why do I think these idiot stuffs?" and it made me panic. I could not recognize myself.

I could not find my desires, I mean I KNEW what my plans for the future are, but I could not FEEL them. it's a very strange experience, it scares the living shit out of you.

now it's better. I learned to not fear my thoughts because fear fuels fear, panic fuels panic. now the "symptoms" disappeared, but I still have no idea why it happened and what I should learn from it.

From Eckhart's terminology and perspective, it felt like some old fear from my pain body got released and got to the surface, making me thinking all kinds of terrible thought that resonated with its fear. Wouldn't wish it even on my enemies.
Lowrey2

Postby dip14 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:53 am

So far i have realized ET never put his personal agenda or thought in his books/speeches.

He just presented the eternal truth there is in a lucid manner so we can realize it deep....

We can not know the purpose until we reach the destination.....

we have two choices.....

1.Make our own destination
2.Follow those who have reached it....

simple...is it so ?
dip14

Postby Hilbobaggins » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:50 pm

This is a fascinating thread.

I'm doing a fantastic anxiety recovery programme (which is really what has led me back to ET, in a roundabout kind of way) based on the work of an absolute powerhouse in the anxiety field, Dr Claire Weekes. You can find her books for peanuts on amazon. She was a doctor who saw thousands of anxiety sufferers through to complete recovery. Unfortunately her work appears to have been ignored and forgotten about in recent years. She explains in very simple terms how the nervous system works, and how you are inadvertently keeping yourself in an anxiety state by trying to figure it all out.

Weekes taught people that the way out of the anxiety state is, yes,acceptance. ET didn't cause these symptoms, and he isn't perpetuating them - you are (without knowing that you're doing it, of course). When you truly accept these thoughts and feelings, accept the depersonalisation, the panic, the symptoms, the weird ideas and emotions, and carry on with your life regardless, they will start to lose their hold over you. This is not magic, or spirituality. It's the way the body works. Your nervous system needs to heal and it will, if you get out of its way.
Hilbobaggins

Postby Lowrey2 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:19 pm

Hilbobaggins wrote:This is a fascinating thread.

I'm doing a fantastic anxiety recovery programme (which is really what has led me back to ET, in a roundabout kind of way) based on the work of an absolute powerhouse in the anxiety field, Dr Claire Weekes. You can find her books for peanuts on amazon. She was a doctor who saw thousands of anxiety sufferers through to complete recovery. Unfortunately her work appears to have been ignored and forgotten about in recent years. She explains in very simple terms how the nervous system works, and how you are inadvertently keeping yourself in an anxiety state by trying to figure it all out.

Weekes taught people that the way out of the anxiety state is, yes,acceptance. ET didn't cause these symptoms, and he isn't perpetuating them - you are (without knowing that you're doing it, of course). When you truly accept these thoughts and feelings, accept the depersonalisation, the panic, the symptoms, the weird ideas and emotions, and carry on with your life regardless, they will start to lose their hold over you. This is not magic, or spirituality. It's the way the body works. Your nervous system needs to heal and it will, if you get out of its way.

you know what? I know it.

ET didn't cause anything.
1.) a book can not cause you anything. you read it, agree with it, or say that it is full of bs and throw it away.
2.) I still don't agree with Tolle as I never did in "non-dualism" (or what is that). I know that there are individual souls in this world, the one-big-consciousness theory is just silly and a sad way of living imo (not saying this to offend anyones beliefs)

I just can't put this fear thing in the right place. I'm overly emotional, even if nobody really sees this. And everybody who says anxiety doesn't mean there's anything wrong with you is lying. You can't make real decisions when you're emotional like a 5 year old.

With anxiety in my face for 1 year, I was able to work hard, to make more money I made before, to punch a kid out, to get punched out and standing up like a man, to create new biz relationships, to solve serious problems, problems that needs strength, but I'm still emotional as hell and I'm not able to take the next step in my life because my fears are working 1000% and I don't know what is irrational and what is not.
Lowrey2

Postby davidm » Fri May 23, 2014 11:05 pm

openvista wrote:In 2000, I was getting trained in Reiki, an energy healing technique. My teacher told me I'd notice "some changes" in my life as this universal energy ("Chi") that underlies it settled in. Okay. WELL... what she didn't tell me was that within a few months I would be flat on my back in the most intense pain of my life. This was WAY beyond a "panic attack". Yes it had the shortness of breath, the recurring thoughts of terror and dread and all that. But on top of that, my brain felt like it was hooked up to some high-powered electrical lines and it was going to melt. It was excruciating pain and the episodes could last for hours. I was SO angry at her for the longest time for not preparing me for it. And I dropped the Reiki practice, all things "spiritual" and ran for the hills, believing myself to be possessed by demons (which is what my mother told me as a child).

In retrospect, what I believe happened was, just like with you, for a time I felt better and better because I kept opening up more and more to happiness and joy, but eventually I reached a limit for my body/mind at that time. I ran into a huge, hidden castle of fear inside that I had used for my entire life to protect me. I, too, had a terrible childhood filled with sexual abuse, emotional abuse, spiritual abuse, you name it. To me, I didn't notice that I lived my whole life from a place of contraction: tensed up, protecting myself at all times.

So what, in fact, is happening to you, it seems based on my experience and the countless stories I've heard from others down through the years, is that all the fear, anger, anxiety and so forth that have been with you all your life are now coming to the surface for RELEASE! YAY!!!

Nobody can tell you how long it takes *for you* to get to the other side of all that. For me, I had about 6 months of the kind of hell I wouldn't wish on any of my abusers. And since then periodically and progressively less often, I have had, let's call them "invitations to dance". What I mean is this phenomenon arises in my body and I discovered that the more I believed in what the thoughts were saying during the "outbreak", the worse the experience got. BUT, if I process the phenomenon in real time as SENSATIONS on a pure physical level without labeling them or fearing them, they go away in pretty short order and it isn't painful at all.

I have had a complete transformation in my life in the ensuing 11 years. You cannot even imagine the contrast. Eckhart Tolle's teachings were a part of that. And I do not feel "blotted out" or like I've become a drone. In fact, I have never felt more alive and excited about everything, whether it's "good" or "bad". Look at it this way: if you walk outside and look at nature: is everything the same or is there diversity? Well, whatever brought that into being, brought you into being and it could have a bunch of clones if it wanted, given the amount of intelligence nature seems to possess. If you don't believe in a creative force of any kind, then just observe observe that the people on this forum who have gone pretty deeply into this aren't clones of each other. They are vibrant human beings with unique personalities, gifts and so forth. This light that everyone talks about is wanting to shine through and bring you into MORE of who you are. First, it's cleaning some windows caked with gunk. Then it will shine through your beautiful stained glass pattern.

I would appreciate some advice. I'm going through something kind of similar. Well yesterday suddenly I remembered that much of my childhood was a torture chamber of pain and abuse. I had forgotten. When I found Eckhart in November, I had just been through two years (ages 14-16) of daily repeated trauma, and I was totally disconnected. I started going crazy when I began reading. But I'll just FF to right now and the last month. Hell. Evil. I've been seriously considering "a way out" every day. The torment is just immense. I can't find myself. I can't find common sense. I accidentally talk to myself. I laugh at a fantasy without realizing its not real. My body is impossible to live with. It's like I'm afraid of my mind and I'm unable to concentrate on one object at all. I'm stuck in a torturous freeze response from my Dad's rage, and I can't get out. My therapist is no help, nobody including me understands what is going on. I've read up on Spiritual Emergencies and Complex PTSD and they have helped a tiny bit. But I am in so much freaking pain. I'm going to look into Holotropic Breathwork. My therapist and I are hesitant to turn to medication for two reasons: She and I believe it is a spiritual emergency and that medication is said to totally ruin that potential. Second, because I'm a hypochondriac at the moment and would obsess over a diagnosis. The number of times I've gone into my basement and cried/screamed my eyeballs out is too many to count. And maybe you can tell from my writing that my thought is super disorganized. I have a theory that this is because I took ET's message the wrong way and tried to denounce my mind as something to completely avoid at all costs. This was probably an attempt to escape my painful childhood into some imagined bliss.

I'm intensely self-conscious and I can't breathe naturally. I was scared to walk outside of the house yesterday, and i dropped out of high school for now. My old friends from California texted me and I felt like i didn't know who i was talking to. I feel like I've been eternally damned because its been this way for a while and John Sherman's Looking technique doesn't provide immediate relief. Anyone here, if you have any experience with this kind of situation, I would so appreciate the help. I don't do anything all day. i sit around and when I try to do a task I start panicking for no reason, and I jump at benign sounds. Anyone, anything, help. Any methods, anything, everything you've got. I've been avoiding making this post because I was embarrassed and ashamed. Thank you.

David
davidm

Postby ashley72 » Fri May 23, 2014 11:58 pm

David,

I went through some weird stuff about four years ago when I was under suffering some serious stressful stuff. Those stressful episodes led to panic disorder with agoraphobia. I've recovered from those disorders now, but still have some situational anxiety I'm still recovering from slowly. But I now live a normal life.

The best resource I found for overcoming anxiety disorders was this website => http://www.anxietycoach.com
ashley72

Postby EnterZenFromThere » Sat May 24, 2014 8:59 am

I can feel your pain David. I hope I can find the insight to write some words to help you. But if they do not, know that I am here to listen whenever you want to talk.

I have had some similar personal experience but not to the same extent as you are having. I used self-inquiry to return my mind back to itself, which resulted in intense paranoia and fear of abandonment from my childhood and teenage years. Without guidance it is possibly I would have found myself in a similar situation that you find yourself in now. I feel that the conditioning of our past fears builds up knots of resistance inside us, a fortress to protect our ego. By stilling the mind we can undo these knots. But in the process, we must relive the experience they are tied to. This can be terrifying. In Christanity it is known as the Dark Night of the Soul. It has other names in other religious traditions. Gary Weber and Andy (aka SighClone, a moderator on this forum) helped me get through mine. Gary has written a blog on the Dark Night that may be helpful:

http://happinessbeyondthought.blogspot. ... to-do.html

This article starts with some background, which may be less useful than the practical tips that come later, so I urge you to read the whole thing.

I feel like one of the keys they talk about is that this darkness is normal. As the post you quoted says, you are bringing up all that shit you had locked away poisoning your mind. This is a good thing! But it is also frightening to re-experience our fears. The best thing I could recommend is to allow these feelings and thoughts when they arise. Be open and accepting of them, no matter how strong the urge is to fight and resist them. These negative thoughts and feelings are like a muscle. Adding resistance to them is like giving them a work out. It makes them stronger, just like adding weight to a dumbbell makes a muscle stronger.

Have you been using any techniques or practices to get you this far? If you have been following Tolle then I'd recommend staying present when these negative things arise. Be the space to allow them to express themselves. These negative things are like sign posts pointing to the real problem. They want and need to be heard and accepted. Think of them as guides from a superior intelligence. This intelligence loves you and wants to end your suffering. But you have to choose to accept and surrender to the pain in order to progress. I think I remember you being big on your basketball? Did you ever have to do any unpleasant team initiations? You could think of what you are going through as something like that. Something unpleasant to go through in order to get on the team. We all have to do it at some point, it might as well be now!

I hope this message finds you well and is of use. Find the courage to embrace the enemies of your past as the friends of your present.

Jack
EnterZenFromThere

Postby davidm » Sun May 25, 2014 12:58 am

EnterZenFromThere wrote:I can feel your pain David. I hope I can find the insight to write some words to help you. But if they do not, know that I am here to listen whenever you want to talk.

I have had some similar personal experience but not to the same extent as you are having. I used self-inquiry to return my mind back to itself, which resulted in intense paranoia and fear of abandonment from my childhood and teenage years. Without guidance it is possibly I would have found myself in a similar situation that you find yourself in now. I feel that the conditioning of our past fears builds up knots of resistance inside us, a fortress to protect our ego. By stilling the mind we can undo these knots. But in the process, we must relive the experience they are tied to. This can be terrifying. In Christanity it is known as the Dark Night of the Soul. It has other names in other religious traditions. Gary Weber and Andy (aka SighClone, a moderator on this forum) helped me get through mine. Gary has written a blog on the Dark Night that may be helpful:

http://happinessbeyondthought.blogspot. ... to-do.html

This article starts with some background, which may be less useful than the practical tips that come later, so I urge you to read the whole thing.

I feel like one of the keys they talk about is that this darkness is normal. As the post you quoted says, you are bringing up all that shit you had locked away poisoning your mind. This is a good thing! But it is also frightening to re-experience our fears. The best thing I could recommend is to allow these feelings and thoughts when they arise. Be open and accepting of them, no matter how strong the urge is to fight and resist them. These negative thoughts and feelings are like a muscle. Adding resistance to them is like giving them a work out. It makes them stronger, just like adding weight to a dumbbell makes a muscle stronger.

Have you been using any techniques or practices to get you this far? If you have been following Tolle then I'd recommend staying present when these negative things arise. Be the space to allow them to express themselves. These negative things are like sign posts pointing to the real problem. They want and need to be heard and accepted. Think of them as guides from a superior intelligence. This intelligence loves you and wants to end your suffering. But you have to choose to accept and surrender to the pain in order to progress. I think I remember you being big on your basketball? Did you ever have to do any unpleasant team initiations? You could think of what you are going through as something like that. Something unpleasant to go through in order to get on the team. We all have to do it at some point, it might as well be now!

I hope this message finds you well and is of use. Find the courage to embrace the enemies of your past as the friends of your present.

Jack

Thanks Jack. Last night for the first time i realized that there was a voice screaming "HELP!!! IM TRAPPED!!" and then there was this self image on top of it that was passive and fake. And thats the first time i realized that something is trying to get a message through, and there is something else trying to play it cool and repress these messages.

The blog says that the two types of DNoS people were dedicated meditators 18-30 yrs male, or middle aged woman. mostly without psychiatric history. the thing is, i don't have a written psychiatric history, but i could have. i grew up in Christian Science and my parents never took me to a doctor. but i have been mildly depressed since fifth grade. growing up in this odd religion also gave me a sense of being different.

I only did about 10 hours of "True Meditation", and about 10 hours of returning to the breath, in the last six months. and about 600 hours of thinking about the whole thing. my journal entries from that time include phrases like "impenetrable nothingness of darkness and hell" and "IM TRAPPED" and "I don't have feelings".

But i didn't feel this bad, although i did feel bad, before I started to read Tolle and do a little meditation. so does this mean it must be a DNoS? It seems like i had serious psychological problems beforehand, looking back on it.

my therapist told me that she has seen my "True Self" while talking, and that he is intact. She is the one that suggested i was having a spiritual emergency.

it is gradually getting better but is still hellish beyond words.. So, do u think i should go to a psychiatrist, or just continue using techniques and stuff? It's like im positive that im having a DNoS, but I'm also positive that a psychiatrist could ease the pain. but medication is seen as dangerous in spiritual emergencies.
also since being cut off from my feelings, and having all the exact symptoms of depersonalization disorder, ive found ive become over-intellectual, and a bad communicator.

and its funny, when I was little my favorite movie was Groundhog Day. There was a scene where Bill Murray is seeing a psychiatrist and banging his head on the pillow because he can't find anyone who can help him. I used to laugh at that, and think about how I was mostly sane and very glad that i wasn't a psychotic person like him, and now i am!
davidm

Postby EnterZenFromThere » Mon May 26, 2014 8:45 pm

From your description it sounds like DNotS, but that doesn't mean it definitely is or isn't. What might be more valuable than us trying to label it as something might be to just face the issue at hand. In my experience the only lasting relief from the troubles in my life have come when I've had the bravery to embrace and thoughts and emotions that arise, no matter how painful they are. Resisting them will only make them stronger. Resistance would be things like 'why has this happened to me?', 'I don't deserve this!' etc.

If you find that having a therapist is helpful then that's great and keep turning to the help on offer there. Personally I wouldn't turn to medication and I know Eckhart Tolle isn't a fan either. However, my work in mental health has shown me there is a time and place for medication. It's always there if you get desperate.

My advice would be to contact a well regarded spiritual teacher for 'professional' advice. I can recommend a few if you like? The advice I was given before contacting people like this was to read a book of theirs and know the kinds of techniques they offer and the direct they approach these kinds of problems. Then the two of you can work together. I'd certainly recommend this over using the technique without a teacher.

I hope this helps,

Jack
EnterZenFromThere

Postby Sighclone » Tue May 27, 2014 6:08 pm

Davidm -

Sounds like a conversation with a therapist familiar with nonduality is in order. Below is a list of therapists who might be helpful. I've met some of them. The interface between nonduality and conventional therapy is not seamless, but, in addition to the list below you might look into the resources at the Nondual Wisdom and Psychology Institute: http://wisdompsy.vpweb.com/default.html?prefix=www .

I have no direct personal clinical experience as a client of any of these people, and none are endorsed. They appear below only because they have offered credentials in both nonduality and psychotherapy. I have spoken to many of them, however, either on the phone, online, or at the annual Science and Nonduality Conference in San Rafael.

The first seven counselors have all contributed essays to "Listening From the Heart of Silence." John Prendergast was the editor. You would do well to read that to help you decide whom to contact…also their first book, “The Sacred Mirror” These books are written for psychotherapists and their clients….very readable…deeply embedded in the nondual tradition.

Most of them belong to or are affiliated with the Nondual Wisdom and Psychotherapy Institute, here: http://wisdompsy.vpweb.com/default.html

1. Peter Fenner can be reached at 877-723-6463 and
http://www.radiantmind.net/index.php/ra ... d/contact/

2. John Prendergast can be reached at (USA) 415-453-8832 or johnprendergast@comcast.net.

3. Kenneth Bradford can be reached at (USA) 925-283-9377 or ken@bradfordphd.com.

4. Mariana Caplan can be reached at (USA) 415-320-5966 or realspirituality.com.

5. Timothy Conway can be reached at 805-564-2125 pr t.conway1@cox.net.

6. Dorothy Hunt can be reached through the San Francisco Center for Meditation and Psychotherapy at 415-567-8404, which is a page on her website: dorothyhunt.org.

7. Sheila Krystal can be reached at 510-540-0855, or shekrystal@aol.com.

8. Stephan Bodian can be reached at stephenbodian.org and 415-451-7133.

Another fine nondual counselor is John Welwood at johnwelwood.com. (“Toward a Psychology of Awakening” and others) – well known to those above, also practicing in California.

Chuck Hillig is still counseling, also, and his contact information is:

Chuck Hillig
540-972-3220 = Home & Fax
Skype Address = chuck.hillig
chuckhillig@yahoo.com = Email
www.chuckhillig.com = Personal
www.blackdotpubs.com = Books

In Chicago:

Meghan Roekle, PsyD
312-217-3127
mroekle@gmail.com
North Suburban Family Psychologists
4433 Touhy Ave
Suite 500
Lincolnwood, IL

Bonnie Greenwell, PhD specializes in the kundalini aspects of awakening – her website is: http://www.kundaliniguide.com/services.html

And Dr. Greg Goode can be reached through his website:

http://www.heartofnow.com/

He is the author of “Standing as Awareness” and has a practice in New York, but can work over the phone and other media.

There is also Dr. Michael Hall, website here: http://www.awakentotruth.com/

I saw a video of him speaking and was impressed…but, as for all the others, have no direct personal experience with them in a counseling capacity.

And Dr. Gregory Tucker (who was interviewed by Rick Archer at batgap.com.) who can be reached at his website: http://www.therecoveryprocess.com/.

I wish you well as you progress towards more acceptance and tranquility.

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Experiences