Frequency Holder

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.

Re: can you help?

Postby Webwanderer » Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:22 pm

tikey wrote: Man sometimes I just would like to be a calm frequency holder rather than crazy myself... but I hope soon I will come "home" and stay there, cause the "outward movement" is just a pain, pain, pain and it's senseless. It's only sense is
to realise that's it's sensless and pinfull and so to come home.......... do you "frequency holders" can help in "comming home"???

Tikey, hoping for a future different from this moment only distracts you from the freedom you seek. Consider the sensation of hope. Does it not also contain a feeling of resistance to how things presently are? Is there not a belief that the conditions of this moment are somehow flawed and "should" be different? The very nature of enlightenment is to be free of hope; because in clear awareness, there is recognition that life as it is has an underlying beauty and perfection. And it is one's condemnation of how things are that prevents one from realizing the Essential Truth of Being.

Our path to "enlightenment" lies not in some future of hope and possibility. Our "path" stands directly before us, closer than breath. Enlightenment is fundamental to who we are. There is no where to go to get it. Essentially enlightenment it is clear seeing in this now moment. It is the recognition that this eternal moment is life. Looking to other moments and other possibilities is not the answer, it is the problem. Tolle wrote no book titled "The Power of Hope". He wrote "The Power of Now". Now frees us from the allure of hope based on our condemnation and resistance to now.

All of Tolle's pointers, if followed, lead to this present moment awareness and are designed to free us from the concepts of time and separate identity (ego). It is the ego/mind that seeks and hopes for future salvation.

Be here, and be clear. :D
Webwanderer

Re: Frequency Holder

Postby tikey » Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:34 pm

yeah I can clearly see how that trap works :( but although I see it I just can't NOW make full surrender... just right now I feel very sad and, what's funny,
and what I've just realised - I'm sad because I'm sad. So there are two layers - primary sadness(which is the sadness of "not surrendering" and
"resistance") and then the second sadness - that I am sad. So now Im just thinking how to surrender... and just feel that again I'm missing something.
Yesterday I had this beautifull experience of complete surrender and I've seen everything with absolute clarity. And I keep swinging. I make no progress.
I just jump into the now and then get out of it and wait for a good moment to enter it.... eh it's seems so stupid..... I just have the episodes of clarity and unclarity one after another and today I have th one of "unclarity" and all that stuff start's to make me tired of seeking and thinking.... I just would like that
from now on everything would just be good... and that next time I'm in the "NOW" I'll never get out of it... but then the thought's come in, the noise
start's and I keep saying "oh no it started again, I'll never find ultimate peace"... and when I wake up in the morning I try to recall the NOW too see the
space, infinite possibiliies...nevermind.... I just wan't to feel as I felt before I wen't sleep but everything is gone... or rather everything is back-
my mind is back, ego is back, problems are back, axiety, fear and that "seeking for peace" is back... and I just loose myself in all that stuff...
and feel helpless....

forgive me all the unconsciousness in this post, I know it's full of it, but that's the part of the problem...
Im just a cloudless sky :)
tikey

Postby BevBeing » Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:37 am

Hi tikey

from your post, it seems you ARE making remarkable progress "being in the NOW"
Very few of us are able to "be in the NOW" every moment of NOW but little by little the awareness, consciousness, being in the NOW starts to happen EXACTLY as you have described it.
You were aware of feeling sad. that is consciousness in that moment
You mention trying to hold onto the feeling of presence. just let it BE when it happens and be aware when it isn't happening. this is how "BEING" starts to happen. As Eckhart says, be aware of what is happening, what you are feeling as the NOW.
Use whichever (or all) of the pointers he mentions as tools to start to focus awareness on/in the present moment
It doesn't happen instantly and we are often hard on ourselves because we expect to be able to make it happen as we have been trained to do since we were children.
Be grateful and acknowledge the moments when you are aware and also acknowledge the times when you become aware that you haven't been aware (without being hard on yourself)
This is a bit long winded but hope it helps.

BevBeing
BevBeing

Postby thoughtz » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:54 pm

I have felt energy surges for the past few years. The energy gets stronger and stronger and feels really familiar and pleasant. I picked up nothing special on Sept 23rd but from looking back through my journal, there was a lot of action going on then so I may not have noticed it. Also about 2 years ago now, I was out walking in the night and felt a presence coming up behind me which then walked into me and has never left. Is this experience familiar to anyone?
I don't know if I might be a frequency holder but the description in A New Earth fits pretty well.
Thoughz
thoughtz

Postby bonita » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:47 am

Hello from Canada!

I left my job as a university administrator in August in order to work as a Therapeutic Touch practitioner, poet, and writer of spiritual materials. When I am holding the feet of a TT recipient and feeling our energies merge and the universal energy surge through us, helping them in their healing process, and all space and time drops away, I cannot think of anything more important I could be doing at that moment.

I struggle with the ego, borne of ambitious parents, that says I should be "doing" more and making my mark in the world. Imagine my relief to see in Tolle's work the reflection of my inner self that says that this internal process that is taking place and this healing work are of value in this world. It's given me the courage to accept the ego, allow it to dissolve and move on to fulfill what life asks of me ... even if I don't have all the details as to what or how I am to do that yet.

I love the line in Tolle's book about how frequency holders are to do everything they do as a sacred act. It makes me think of the day I watched Hugh Pontiac, great grandson of Chief Pontiac, dance at a Pow Wow. He was in his 70's or 80's at the time, and he danced with such pure intent, it was an honour to behold him. His dance was a sacred act. I hope that I can learn to live each moment with such pure intent.
bonita

Postby kiki » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:00 am

Welcome to the board, bonita. I look forward to your contributions here.

kiki
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---
Your donation will help keep us online.
kiki

Postby heidi » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:16 am

Hi Bonita - Glad you've joined us.
everything they do as a sacred act

The most wonderful thing about Tolle's work is getting right down to the knowing that your purpose in life is What You Are Doing In This Very Moment. When the ego is transcended every moment is a life's fulfillment.

Chopping wood, carrying water, and folding laundry. :)

XO
Heidi
http://www.heidimayo.com
wonderment on the third wave
heidi

Postby bonita » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:27 pm

Thank you for the warm welcome! I was sitting last night for a while as awareness, realizing how unnecessary the chatter in my head really is. It seems to me that if I can spend a lot of time like that, I'll eventually be able to keep that chatter at bay all the time. I'm about to do my annual cleanse and fast, and the retreat I attend for the fast is done in noble silence, with no conversation, gesturing, or eye contact with other participants. I hope to use this time to sit a lot in awareness and learn to separate from the ego chatter in a more consistent manner.

Funny, my ego often jumps in now by commenting on what the ego is doing, attempting to masquerade as awareness - except that awareness would not be commenting on the ego. :D
bonita

Postby heidi » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:18 pm

Funny, my ego often jumps in now by commenting on what the ego is doing, attempting to masquerade as awareness - except that awareness would not be commenting on the ego. :D

One of those wonderful paradoxes about talking about awareness. Without the mind or ego, there would be no discussion, so we can give a nod to the old mind/ego here. :)
Heidi
heidi

Postby Sighclone » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:39 pm

One of those wonderful paradoxes about talking about awareness. Without the mind or ego, there would be no discussion, so we can give a nod to the old mind/ego here. :)

Right on, heidi. For those of you readers who are younger than heidi and I (in form), 'right-on' is a sixties word for 'well-said.' ETs big push right now is to encourage 'spiritual enlightenment' (that's from the cover of PON). In that task, the enemy is the ego/mind. But the mind is a wonderful tool for expression and manifestation of Being when empowered from pure consciousness. ETs mind is where every word he ever spoke originated. Let us not discount the mind in and of itself. It is destructive when it creates an identity ("false-self" - which ET calls ego.)

It's kind of like people who talk about computers becoming alive and taking over the earth. The mind is like a big computer which is aware of itself (Descartes: 'I think therefore I am' - see PON chapter one). And in this awareness, encouraged by other fully egoic minds, it develops its own sense of a separate self (false-self = ego.) Of course, then there are all those really cool senses it gets to use to stroke itself into deeper delusion. And on and on.

But as a tool of Being, the mind has produced PON and ANE, and some absolutely wonderful art, music, architecture and poetry. Do recall that it is the mind which preceives and labels the flower as beautiful. In that way, the fully Conscious mind actually can bring about more global awareness. As frequency holders we have a responsibility to Be.

Namaste, Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Postby Sighclone » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:11 am

bonita wrote:Funny, my ego often jumps in now by commenting on what the ego is doing, attempting to masquerade as awareness - except that awareness would not be commenting on the ego. :D

Welcome, Bonita. I joined about a month ago after an awakening experience and scrambling around the web to find out what happened. You can view my posts...mostly just jabbering. But the posts of the moderators and administrator here are well worth reviewing in detail. They will wave their arms in a great show of non-egoic modesty, of course, so I will have to speak for them and say that they have made a large difference for me. They have been around for four years; just click on their names and all the posts are there. Plus you can send private messages to them. I speak principally of kiki, heidi and Webwanderer, only because those are the ones I have written to/from. We always enjoy articulate travelers like yourself. Please continue to weigh in - your path is clearly a determined one...by which I mean significant and purposeful, and your experiences will help us all.

Namaste, Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Postby bonita » Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:41 pm

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the advice! I will do just that. I just finished reading "Eat, Pray, Love" and was really struck by the way in which the author's spiritual journey was deepened and enhanced by her interaction with so many people in her life and her travels. I've tended to be an island unto myself in a lot of ways and have just begun to realize that my path now involves allowing more people into my life and opening to learning from them.

I'm also not one to pray, as I usually don't ask anything for myself, but I've put out 3 requests:

that my spiritual teacher be revealed to me (and this may be Eckhart or someone else, or a number of people - but it signals an end to studying solely on my own).
that my path be revealed to me (already I am seeing opportunities arising and sensing the ground shifting beneath me to orchestrate new experiences)
that I be sustained upon my path (this has always been so, but trusting in that keeps me from the distraction of worrying about security when I should be deepening my awareness).

There is the sense that I have taken my hands off the steering wheel (recognizing I wasn't really the driver to begin with) and am recognizing how often I have tried to take control of my life (often in petty, stupid ways) when it would all go much more smoothly if I just allowed that greater wisdom to direct me.
bonita

Postby kayla » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:38 pm

Hello, Sandra and all those here,

Finding this thread - through Googling frequency-holders – led me to join this forum and reactivate the discussion. Seems that’s happened a few times already :) . Hope Sandra is still here… are you? I’m in Geneva, Switzerland. Strange that I did not know about this forum before… but timing is always perfect, so there’s surely a reason.

I read A New Earth when it came out (like all of Tolle’s books), and instantly recognized myself as a frequency-holder. Everything in the descriptive section – page 306-307 of my paperback edition – applies to me. Like Sandra and other FHs among you, other people think I’m very strange but come to me for insight... and also, I sense, though they may not be aware of this at all, just to absorb the stillness, the presence.

I agree that frequency-holding does not require any doing, on the contrary. It is being with, being in, allowing, i.e. being what I call “divinely benevolently neutral”, just there in the presence of… no matter what else seems to be there, too.

But being able to do this all the time is something else again. I still get triggered sometimes, and then I have to allow that to be, as well. My ego does not always stay in the back seat, where I keep telling it to sit and be still and perform its function quietly and enjoy the ride. It still tries sometimes to jump into the driver’s seat and grab the wheel!

It’s a pleasure to have found you. If any of you are into or have been members of groups linked with what’s commonly called “channeling”, we may have come across each other through the research and exchange on the Reconnections website or the Crimson Circle message board. I have never felt like a real member of any of these groups, in fact, more like a visitor who was linking in… in order to facilitate the networking (?), something like that, and to create… difficult to express… a “synthesis node”, if that makes any sense. Maybe each of us is a synthesis of everything we resonate with and allow to become part of who we are? And that synthesis is like new seed for New Earth.

Sandra, you said at one point that you do “word work”. I’ve been writing and editing all my life; it’s my day job and also what I just naturally seem to do all the time. In this function, it’s important to adapt the words to the target audience. If you don’t really know who that is, you aim for consensus language. Simple, straightforward. It’s what I love about Tolle. His language is universal, and he naturally seems to avoid concepts that would resonate for some but not for large numbers of people.

This is a problem I’ve had with New Age groups, even the ones mentioned above, the ones I have participated in from the sidelines. I’m trying now to be much more inclusive and see beyond the words and concepts that some of these people use. I feel… the presence through humanity, if there’s a word for that… is developing global networks and inviting frequency-holders to help link them up and to hold the potentials for a diversity of New Earth expressions. Some say a diversity of New Earths, and I can see why, as I suspect New Earth will be composed of as many “worlds” as this earth is, if not more!

This year I have felt that I am changing yet again (how many lifetimes summarized in this lifetime? That would be another long post…). I’m pretty sure that all of you have felt great shifts this year. For me, this has meant a sensed movement drawing me gently out of my isolation.

In my “emergence” also lies the reason I was Googling "frequency-holder" today. I actually joined a group: unheard of for me. But it just felt right to do that now. It’s a group of frequency-holders that has formed to support an open-ended New Earth project initially called The Gathering. It is being launched through a first meeting next year, which will be in Solothurn, in Switzerland. So if any of you feel resonance with this, joining in person at that first venue may not be possible, if you don’t live nearby. But there will be ten of these gatherings, one each year, in different places around the world (2010 in Sedona, 2011 in Greece…). And of course frequency-holding can be done from anywhere.

So if this resonates with you at all, do check it out. And if you’re allergic to “New Agey” concepts and vocab… and the ego that still lurks in many of those who are doing good work despite the lapses… try not to let that put you off right away! I feel that some of them, some of the organizers, especially, could use a dose of presence from people like you :D :wink: . And I also feel that it would be an excellent thing to link more and more of the global networks together, despite the diversity of our individual expressions.

The website for the Gathering is at: http://www.gathering.nu/gathering.htm If any of you frequency-holders would like to join the core group of FHs for this New Earth project, you do not have to attend the meetings to do so. Of course, the organizers would love us to be there, and I’m going to the first one, but it’s only a train ride from where I live. I know already that I won’t be going to Sedona in 2010, and would be pleased to exchange with any FH who does. Well, duh. I would be pleased to exchange with any FH, on anything you like.

OK, that’s long enough. Thanks for being here. It’s wonderful to be among you.

JOY to all,
Kayla
kayla

Postby heidi » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:31 pm

Welcome to the forum, Kayla. Hmm, frequency holders holding a convention. :roll:
Thanks for the info, and I hope you'll stay awhile and join discussion.
Heidi
heidi

Postby Sighclone » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:27 pm

Kayla - what a delightful post! Ah...another writer - well, hang around, you are not alone...and welcome!! I have always felt that FHs were sort of "background people," not so assertive as Sandra seems to be, but ET does include spiritual teachers. He said, however, that most FHs were "contemplatives." The distinction is very minor...

Sandra's last post was in August, 2007, so we have not heard from her in a while. Thanks for the link, by the way.

Namaste, Andy
Sighclone

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Experiences