Frequency Holder

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.

Re: Frequency Holder

Postby letitgo » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:21 pm

Hello Kayla!

Had it not been for your post, I would not have noticed Sandra's original thread which was so informative and interesting. By the time I finished reading it, along with your post, I was vibrating pretty intensely. This made me realize that there are parts of this conversation with which I definitely identify. I am glad to find out about frequency holders even though I am not specifically a member of that group. (Somehow I must have breezed over that section of ANE.) However, I am still attempting to understand what I am and these discussions do help. There is a deep peace that I feel when very close to the identification of my purpose. It usually comes at unexpected times and has to do with channeling which you mentioned in your post.

I also appreciate your gentle push to look beyond the egos of the metaphysical community. I do attend functions from time to time and kind of sneak in and sneak out. This forum is as public as I get for now, and I understand and even desire more event oriented contact with like minded people. I do channel information for a few family members and heal myself and others any time I get the opportunity, but that's not enough. So I know at some point I'll have to get out there and look past the egos and do what I do. I will look further into the information you offered!

Thanks again, Norm
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.
letitgo

Postby kayla » Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:26 am

Thanks for the welcome!

Andy, my impression is that some FHs eventually become spiritual teachers, despite themselves. I certainly never sought to be a healer or teacher and don’t feel like one today, but other people respond to me that way sometimes. Maybe it’s just that the people who builders, creators, achievers in the outside world, don’t devote as much time and energy as us (FHs) to the inside world. What you focus on grows and develops, so the inward focus gradually builds and creates something, too, it’s just not visible. When some of those who have achieved much in their outward movement into form start to focus a little more on their inner life, they tend to find us and ask questions. We don’t have their answers, of course, but sharing with someone who’s traveled a similar path can seem like “teaching” I suppose. (By the way… just wondering… where is Quadrant 3EQ?)

Norm, yeah, you can read fundamental books like Tolle’s… I don’t know how many times… and each time, you take in something else, and deepen your understanding. The first couple of times, I usually find it’s about me and what I really need to integrate. But when I go back again later, it’s about even more of what we all are but don’t necessarily recognize as a part of our human self in this lifetime.

And the ego, well, this whole forum is a study of all the ways it gets back in the driver’s seat! I used to think that spiritual teachers and leaders should be totally beyond that. But requiring or striving for perfection is ego, too. People can be really “advanced” in one domain and still have ego issues and emotional triggers in other domains. I spent years being over-vigilant and over-demanding, of myself and of others, about “walking the talk”. Looking back on it now, I don’t know, but maybe all of that was just my ego trying to drive, but never actually being in the driver’s seat at all. Maybe I just tortured myself, trying to go faster and higher and better than the natural unfolding, which is always perfect. The natural unfolding is presence, deploying its shoot and stem, growing its roots, unfurling its leaves, swirling open its first buds… the flower and then the seed are only a part of a long glorious process.

I suppose “just being”, being presence, would naturally appreciate all the phases and cycles.

JOY and all the best,
Kayla
kayla

Postby Sighclone » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:24 am

Kayla -

You will have to read my soon-to-be-finished-and-published novel to find out where Quadrant 3EQ is. :) After my first clear and transcendent kensho in February, I worried about ego. I worry less about it, in fact almost not at all, now. Part of my release from that concern came from recognizing that Eckhart does not define it very well (false self created by unconscious identification with the mind.) John Welwood in "Toward a psychology ov awakening" spends an entire, informed chapter on varieties of the ego, and Western and Eastern ideas and labels and processes which helped me to understand it. First and foremost - you can be present and have a personality...not just some robotic clone of your favorite guru.

Namaste, Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Postby kayla » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:49 am

I will look forward to that, Andy -- sounds a bit science fiction-ish, the perfect way to present non-consensus reality.

I find now that, like you, I don't worry about ego, anymore, either... and 90% of the time, it remains transparently in its function. When I lapse, which still happens in a few recurring situations, the ego splits into aspects, some of which try to suppress others. After their little fireworks display, all is calm again. This seems to be the tail end of a natural process. As if all choices have already been made, I'm just experiencing it unfold. And there's such a peaceful joy at the heart of it, nothing else matters.

All the best,
Kayla
kayla

Postby Sighclone » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:22 am

I enjoyed your comment about ego splitting itself up and watching, suppressing etc...that's actually very very funny - and I see it too in me. Adya, in the middle of "Emptiness Dancing" talks about "conditioning" being part of being human. He guarantees we will have a sense of self after enlightenment. That's our conditioned personality. It doesn't go away, (even though we might smile more!!) And, moreover, the conditioning is part of our body-mind, and is not egoic. The "little me" in us might want to co-opt the conditioning as "mine", but if it arises in the undivided state of consciousness, he says, it reunites with itself. It's a little deep for me... :)

Namaste, Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Postby kayla » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:26 am

Well, yes, I read that five times, slowly…. I wonder. The personality is wondrous: a vast range of archetypes combining to generate unique individuals. There are pre-sets in our DNA for personality, I’m sure that’s true, but DNA changes over the course of a lifetime; no aspect (of what we are) is static. Clearly, it is not the ego (and perhaps not even the individual body-mind) evolving, but a collective intelligence. Of course, we are also that intelligence creating all that is… but when we infuse that level of what we are, we tend to lose our smaller-self focus – at least, I still do, I alternate. The levels are rarely there all at once, which is what “reunites with itself” must mean. It’s true that when we are truly present, we are simply “one” with all of it, including the conditioning.

I totally agree that we still “have a sense of self after enlightenment”. If presence (all that is, which is also what we are) is creating and experiencing the whole of creation, it is (we are) now creating in space-time viewpoints, choosing to infuse this little bit for a while and that little bit for a while. I know I still enjoy having a sense of self – but not being stuck, not believing that is all that I am. Once we awaken to the truth that we are everything and can be anything, we can see our creations with compassion and amusement… so we smile more :D ! Presence seems to love (benevolently allow) every damn thing anyone could ever imagine.

JOY and all the best,
Kayla
kayla

Postby Sighclone » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:23 pm

Kayla -

Please also get a copy of John Welwood's "Toward a Psychology of Awakening," mentioned above. This has been written by a deeply spiritual and studied meditator who is also a PhD clinical psychologist. (I avoid using the loaded word "enlightened." It is as polluted by misuse as "God.") He takes off where Alan Watts left us with "Psychotherapy East and West." The wonderful discussion of ego, elaborately defined from several perspectives, settled my understanding in ways that other texts have not.

Also, you will enjoy "Backwards" by lawyer Nanci Danison. She had a very profound near-death-experience and with her great big mind and memory has managed to recall most of it. It adds the "soul" and "Light Being" pieces to nonduality. She quotes extensively from Tolle and other nondualists. She understands and experiences Presence.

Glad you joined!!!

Namaste, Andy
Sighclone

Postby kayla » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:38 am

Thanks for the recommendations, Andy. I'll definitely get over to Amazon later today! And thanks also for engaging in areas where our understanding is still a bit murky.

This board has got so many good discussions going, it makes me yearn for retirement, i.e. more time to devote to this exchange. Maybe the choice I made to dive in anyway will help precipitate synchronicity and allow that sooner rather than later? I'm sensing that as a heart's desire, for sure!

Speaking of which, there's a fine presentation of some of these matters on Pamela's website -- you may know it already, but in case you don't: http://www.jeshua.net/. I find all of it interesting, but particularly the last two segments of the Lightworker Series, From ego to heart IV and Your Light Self.

JOY and all the best from Kayla
kayla

Postby Sighclone » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:32 pm

Kayla -

Great stuff from Jeshua, especially those two sections of the Lightworker series...I'm sending it on to others. Hang around!

Namaste, Andy
Sighclone

Postby Soul Seeker » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:26 pm

I am reading New Earth and I have reached page 115, also reading Adyashanti’s True Meditation and A Course in Miracles at the same time. Previously I read Power of Now and have listened to the Oprah series. Also in this 4 month period I have read Katie Byron’s A Thousand Names for Joy. They are all dove tailing in to each other very beautifully.
It seem that my aha moments are increasing, yesterday I had some very big Aha’s. Towards the end of the afternoon a smaller aha came which was – and I hope I can get this across – the Now – can be seen as a radio transmission – the signal is pure and strong when you are fully in the Now and the ego and the mind and the shadow of the ego – the pain body – are now longer interring with the signal of Now. You then are consciousness – you are the awareness. Move from the signal just slightly eg you drift to the past or the future, you hve a slight lapse into the mind – you move from the signal and you lose it. I remember reading that Carl Jung had a dream about a candle and he was holding it in his hands protecting it from going out, he said this represented consciousness, he said that it was very fragile. Aha now – now I fully understand.
I am from Sydney Australia and I am a FH, I was looking through the forum tonight and I was curious as what this was – I thought about the name – aha – then I went and found the passage in the book. Most of my adult life I have been a painter, I once had some ambition, wanted to show and sell my word and make a name for myself, and I gave it a good try. However the better I did out there in the world the more my work suffered, to the point that I stopped putting it out there in the world but I still paint – up to 40 hours a week. I came to see that painting was my spiritual path years ago but through Tolle I can now fully appreciate how and why. To paint you have to be very in the now, you can not slip into thinking too much. I found that if I have any worries that I have to leave them as I enter the studio. Many people have ridiculed me over the years for what I do and think that I am a drop out and useless but there was a deep sense that I was doing the right thing. In fact I have found that if I had ever seriously thought of dropping back into society everything seemed to go wrong, when I went back to painting everything was OK again. There was always a great sense of protection, though some would say I was avoiding reality I knew this wasn’t the case, so I stayed with it.
Soul Seeker

Postby Sighclone » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:05 pm

Soul Seeker -

Painting, I understand, can be a very pure expression of the creative gift of Being. Certainly composing music and playing music is. One of our moderators here, heidi, is a painter (among her many other talents.) Glad to have you as a member. :)

Namaste, Andy
Sighclone

Postby Sandra » Sun May 23, 2010 8:05 pm

Hello everyone,
Yes, I am still here. I have not been tending to this thread or this website for a few years. I am pleased to see that this discussion that I opened so long ago is helpful to others. I have come back to see what is happening out there. I have been observing many Earth changes both through outer form and inner non form. The illusion of the holographic universe is starting to dissolve at an accelerated rate. Form is becoming more and more less tenable as each day passes. Being escpecially sensitive to the upheaval is both exhilarating and draining at the same time. I feel like I'm being pulled simultaneously deeper into the formless and thrust out into form. It feels like this is the "time" in creation that I was born to fulfull...to be here for this very transition that is being born. We frequency holders are the midwives for this "happening". I urge all to take notice and hold fast...as it is going to be a bumpy ride... :lol:
Sandra

Postby DavidB » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:43 am

Hi,

I haven't posted on this forum in while, been busy doing other things.

After listening to a New Earth again, I was blown away, gobbed smacked into silence, as Eckhart described the frequency holders. I'd heard it before obviously, as I've listened to the New Earth narration a few times, but for whatever reason I had never really heard it before.

Here's what I said on another forum....

When I first heard Eckhart talk about the frequency holders, I nearly cried. Not usually being one to cry (tough masculine type), and also being at the time on a tram heading to work, I managed to withold my outward signs of emotion.

This was the first time ever, that I had heard someone describe who I am, or atleast, what I had been doing. It made me feel somewhat completed, and enthusiastically sigh of relief. After all, I wasn't really alone, not really all that different, not the only one, there are many out there just like me.

I don't think there are many frequency holders however, as I don't think I've ever met one. Maybe they are just hard to recognize?

kind regards,

David

So, I was wanting to engage with other frequency holders and possibly share some thoughts and experiences?

Now, I don't actually consider myself to be a frequency holder per se, but rather I emanate this type of freqency. So, I don't consider frequency holding to be my primary mission, but rather my only goal is spiritual evolution/development. Frequency holding therefore, is a manifestation/byproduct of my primary goal, which is to bring into consciousness the inner dimensions, and as a consequence, to freely share that with whomever is open to it.

kind regards,

David
“Wisdom is knowing I am nothing, Love is knowing I am everything, and between the two my life moves.” ― Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
DavidB

Postby Sighclone » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:39 pm

Welcome back, David.

My gut feel is that we are all frequency holders to some degree. As we advance spiritually we become more so, certainly including yourself. It's not so much a "badge of pride," as a simple reality of congruent energy vibration on many levels ... in my opinion, and partly in my experience. Was Ramana Maharshi a "frequency holder" when he sat in a group in silence? I think that frequency holders also transmit.

Andy
Sighclone

Postby DavidB » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:10 am

Yeah I think you might be right.

Proabably as we become more mature, more alert and more aware, we become more sensitive to the frequencies and the needs of this present age.

And indeed, I certainly don't perceive "frequency holding" to be some special form of intuitive power, but rather simply a consequence of spiritual development, which we are all capable of to varying degrees and abilities.

The outward movement into form does not express itself with equal intensity in all people. Some feel a strong urge to build, create, become involved, achieve, make an impact upon the world... Others, after the natural expansion that comes with growing up has run its course, lead an outwardly unremarkable, seemingly more passive and relatively uneventful existence. They are more inward looking by nature, and for them the outward movement into form is minimal... [some] eventually become healers or spiritual teachers, that is to say, teachers of Being. In past ages, they would probably have been called contemplatives. There is no place for them, it seems, in our contemporary civilization. On the arising new earth, however, their role is just as vital as that of the creators, the doers, the reformers. Their function is to anchor the frequency of the new consciousness on this planet. I call them the frequency-holders. They are here to generate consciousness through the activities of daily life, through their interactions with others as well as through "just being"... As each human being is an integral part of the collective human consciousness, they affect the world much more deeply than is visible on the surface of their lives.

Eckhart makes this point, "that after the natural expansion that comes with growing up runs its course."

I know for myself, I was always very introverted. I always felt things very deeply, which caused me to shy away from other humans and prefered to be alone. I couldn't handle all the energy that people tended to emit, always unconsiously taking everything personally. I found life to be very difficult, never really knowing what I should do, always feeling intimidated. Being good at many things, yet not really being interested in anything in particular. I drank a lot in a vain attempt to inebriate my senses.

In the past couple of years however, I have felt myself coalesce, more or less, and find just about everything quite simple. I find now that rather than being intimidated by people, I look forward to meeting them. I just love to find out where they are at in their journey and maybe if I'm lucky I can help them, or find out something new for myself. I just find this to be immensely enjoyable and satisfying.

Often now, I feel like I'm not actually doing anything, life seems to be working through me. Everything seems to be effortless.
“Wisdom is knowing I am nothing, Love is knowing I am everything, and between the two my life moves.” ― Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
DavidB

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Experiences