Alan Watts Boat Analogy

Online videos are an integral part of our online experience, and finally they have their own section on the board.

Alan Watts Boat Analogy

Postby SandyJoy » Fri May 03, 2013 5:46 pm

Alan Watts --- He's such a charmer

and I love analogy

You've probably all seen this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4j6cUwC ... ture=share
You are not finished, until you play in that meadow and live there. You can, you know. But only you can take yourself there.
SandyJoy

Re: Alan Watts Boat Analogy

Postby treasuretheday » Sat May 04, 2013 12:00 am

I dig it!
Life itself is the proper binge.
-Julia Child
treasuretheday

Postby SandyJoy » Sat May 04, 2013 1:45 am

:lol: Yeah, that was fun. It seems to me he had a great joy for Life and a love for Life as The Divine Mystery.
You are not finished, until you play in that meadow and live there. You can, you know. But only you can take yourself there.
SandyJoy

Postby ZenDrumming » Sat May 04, 2013 3:23 am

Love Watts. That video is nice. I like his framing of the shift from reacting to creating, from victim to willing participant. He certainly does have an attractive sense of stillness and wonder when he speaks.
ZenDrumming

Postby treasuretheday » Sat May 04, 2013 12:04 pm

I caught the video on my way out last night! Was sitting here in my little black dress & heels, hair up--my "Audrey" look, so I could go out with a group of people to a crazy, crowded restaurant. You know the kind...so noisy you can't hear the person seated next to you speak! Ugh. I have a hangover, & I didn't even drink anything! Coffee & Mr. Watts to the rescue! Very nice. Thanks for posting this SandyJoy.
Life itself is the proper binge.
-Julia Child
treasuretheday

Postby ZenDrumming » Sat May 04, 2013 6:10 pm

treasuretheday wrote:I caught the video on my way out last night! Was sitting here in my little black dress & heels, hair up--my "Audrey" look, so I could go out with a group of people to a crazy, crowded restaurant. You know the kind...so noisy you can't hear the person seated next to you speak! Ugh. I have a hangover, & I didn't even drink anything! Coffee & Mr. Watts to the rescue! Very nice. Thanks for posting this SandyJoy.

Isn't it nice to have something reel you back in? :D
ZenDrumming

Postby TSmith79 » Tue May 05, 2015 1:10 pm

Ah Alan Watts. He's got such a nice sounding voice, he reminds me of an old jedi master!
TSmith79

Return to Videos