The Key to Success and the Key to Failure

Online videos are an integral part of our online experience, and finally they have their own section on the board.

The Key to Success and the Key to Failure

Postby Clouded » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:13 am

"If you want to know what your were like in the past, look at your body today. If you want to know what your body will be like in the future, look at your thoughts today." -Deepak
Clouded

Re: The Key to Success and the Key to Failure

Postby Clouded » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:21 am

At 15:03, the audio says: Everyone of us is the sum total of his own thoughts. He is where he is because that's exactly where he really wants to be, whether he'll admit that or not.

Do you guys agree with that?
"If you want to know what your were like in the past, look at your body today. If you want to know what your body will be like in the future, look at your thoughts today." -Deepak
Clouded

Postby karmarider » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:32 am

I didn't watch the whole thing, but I think I got the gist of it. Positive thoughts lead to success.

I do like the definition of success, that it is the progressive realization of a worthy ideal.

I think a positive context of mind does attract a positive reality. There is a certain obviousness about that. When the context of mind is positive, it will interpret reality more positively, and so even without getting into the mystical nature of reality or the law of attraction or similar idea, I can see how it all starts with positivity.

And yet, I don't think I can achieve a positive context of mind by trying to be positive. I think the optimal way to positivity is to face up to fears and negativity and release them. That's of course awakening. Which is a pretty good "worthy ideal." Which can be realized progressively.
karmarider

Postby Phil2 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:56 pm

What is it that succeeds or fails ?

Thought ?

or awareness ?

Can awareness 'succeed' or 'fail' ?

??
"What irritates us about others is an opportunity to learn on ourselves"
(Carl Jung)
Phil2

Return to Videos