Papaji videos on youtube--wow!

Online videos are an integral part of our online experience, and finally they have their own section on the board.

Papaji videos on youtube--wow!

Postby lakeswimr » Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:20 am

Someone else posted a link to a Papaji video in another post. Wow! His energy is so positive and great. I could feel it strongly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvUSC4kOBHc&NR=1

How wonderful to be able to 'see' him via the computer. Candle to the flame. :)
lakeswimr

Re: Papaji videos on youtube--wow!

Postby innerhike » Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:20 am

Papaji is one of my heroes, right up there with Eckhart.
innerhike

Postby lakeswimr » Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:02 pm

I only heard of him via Gangaji's book 'The diamond in my pocket' (title?). I hadn't seen/read/heard anything directly from him before yesterday. :)
lakeswimr

Postby innerhike » Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:00 am

I had the chance to meet Papaji in the mid 90s and he also responded to a fax of mine with a long letter. Had a chance to be in Gangaji's satsang meetings many times in the early 90s and through her got to know about Papaji. And through Papaji I got to know of Ramana Maharshi, whose ashram I visited a couple years ago in South India. It was as if I had come to my father's home, the kind of father who is with you for lifetimes. Perhaps it is all my imagination. :-)

I spent many hours, months, years poring over Papaji's teachings and that of Gangaji's.

The gist is that Papaji is like this depth charge, this bomb that goes deep into your mind and doesn't explode for quite some time, and then it does a huge amount of damage to your ego years later.

He said KEEP QUIET. And in this he saved my life. That is all I have to say about that.

He was a very informal guy, built a bit like a wrestler, constantly making people laugh in the audience. I was a bit scared sitting up close to him and had no profound experience in his presence, but years later the essence of his teaching has stripped me of depression and fear of depression. I still have a ways to go, but he has helped tremendously. Paradoxically he had a long love affair with God and religion but after his tranformational meeting with Ramana Maharshi his message was that of non-duality (similar to PON).
innerhike

Postby kiki » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:37 am

That was interesting to read, innerhike. Thanks for sharing some of what you experienced with the Papaji. A "depth charge" with a delayed fuse - good image.
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---
Your donation will help keep us online.
kiki

Postby lakeswimr » Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:52 pm

Yes, that was interesting. I'm glad your depression is gone.

I agree, depth charge is a good image. :)
lakeswimr

Return to Videos