Straight to the heart

Online videos are an integral part of our online experience, and finally they have their own section on the board.

Straight to the heart

Postby Ralph » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:51 am

I found this clip on youtube. I thought of sharing it here since it fits very well on this topic of pain and suffering.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNqBsQiN ... playnext=1

... this powerful clip went straight to my heart.
Ralph

Re: Straight to the heart

Postby braveheart » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:25 pm

loved it
thanks for sharing
braveheart

Postby garuda » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:57 pm

Ralph wrote:I found this clip.... fits very well on this topic of pain and suffering. ... this powerful clip went straight to my heart.

Interesting video, though the theme is common.
Where is the identification with the “pain and suffering” that touched your heart? Internal or external? This may tell you something about yourself.
Recognize present awareness......... rest in that awareness..........don’t become distracted.
garuda

Postby Ralph » Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:51 am

LOVE is who you are and this is what we need to realize. LOVE is your natural state. I felt the pain she was going through. There is such freedom and peace when one discovers their true nature but unfortunately this girl in the clip could not see that what she was seeking for she already was. Many continue to seek outside themselves.

Perhaps, this is what we are here for, to learn that we are LOVE.
Ralph

Postby garuda » Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:30 am

Ralph wrote:LOVE is who you are..... but unfortunately this girl in the clip could not see that what she was seeking for, she already was.

I think you're right. But what do we learn from this?

The video is capable of touching us. So what do we do next? The video was well done and depicted the situation well, in my opinion. The sequences and editing were punchy and dramatic, evoking emotions in the viewers.The videographer put it on YouTube, so money may not have been his primary motivation. So we are moved by the scenes and the message about the girl. But now what? What do we do with that. Our hearts are touched by her plight. But what do we do now? Are we moved enough to do.... WHAT?

Her standing on the roof implies desperation. And the viewers identify with it and are moved. It was not entertaining. Instead there was a strong message about the vulnerabilities of our human condition (the girl) and the humanity of the viewer whose heart is touched. Now what? How do we benefit? For either her or ourselves? What be done next realize some positive benefit to somebody? Your thoughts? This may take some time to think this through.
Recognize present awareness......... rest in that awareness..........don’t become distracted.
garuda

Return to Videos