Self-Writing to Freedom from Ego.

Online videos are an integral part of our online experience, and finally they have their own section on the board.

Self-Writing to Freedom from Ego.

Postby anton » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:27 pm

In writing, self tears apart the ego. then with self-forgiveness self release self from ego. here is a cool explanation about writing to freedom from ego.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4WfMno6af8

enjoy.
anton

Re: Self-Writing to Freedom from Ego.

Postby Thunder2008 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:41 pm

Who is that toddler? Is he reading what he says ?
Thunder2008

Postby anton » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:12 pm

its a 26 years old girl. no not reading from anything.
anton

Postby Sighclone » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:11 am

The value of Journaling is well documented before this video. Desteni Productions has other YouTube videos on more arcane subjects like the Reptilian's Plan and Light Warriors in the Astral Planes. Those particular topics are very controversial and remote from our fundamental purpose here, none of which detracts from the message on Self-writing. However the unusual hyper-earnest speaking style, referring to her audience as "human beings" (in a tone which suggests that she is not one) and forced pranayama at the beginning and end appear very stylized and self-conscious to me, reducing the overall credibility of the topic, and her as an authority...at least for me.

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Postby garuda » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:06 am

Anton,
I have had some limited exposure to what she is suggesting, but I'm not sure if what she is saying is possible in this dimension; and most of us relate to this everyday world plane.

I can see how journaling may better acquaint us with our old conditioning, and/or allow us to better understand our mental processes. And either or both of these has the potential to free us from some of our delusional thinking patterns by pointing our conscious awareness at them as we write them down. But I can’t understand how the writing down of thoughts could physically remove them from the brain (or the mind as she calls it).The mind and the brain are quite different. Even if the intended therapeutic purpose was to make them inaccessible to the mindstream and therefore to remove our delusional thoughts entirely. How would mere writing them down erase our memory? Maybe I’m missing something here.

Anton, have you tried this? Have you had any experience or results with this technique? If so, are your brain memories literally gone from recall?
Recognize present awareness......... rest in that awareness..........don’t become distracted.
garuda

Postby anton » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:59 pm

Garuad, I started self-writing only few days back. But I can 'see' the value of writing. According to her, our thoughts pop up from memories, so in writing, you shift the memories from the mind/body into the paper (yet memory is not forgotten); simply a shift. Here now, you see your specific memory construct in details, allowing you to take the next step. Self-forgiveness on each fiber of the memory construct. Each fiber of the memory construct meaning, all thoughts, emotions, feelings, judgments you held onto during that very specific moment in time, and now you forgive you, give you to you. Sort of releasing effect is experienced here from the specific memory you have been carrying on. This is sort of releasing you from your past. As we all know, past is haunt us down, it keep coming and coming, no matter how much you live in the now. Yes, not reacting etc, really helps of course. If you can keep your awareness on the breath, then past cannot overpower you. Yet, a 'tool' is cool to have which effectively releases the past memories. Perhaps there other techniques too, I am not sure. If you're interesting in this tool set, just get on with self-forgiveness for a while, check it out for yourself, then later you can revisit self-writing. No hard rules here. This you giving you to you. Rebirthing yourself through the physical here now.

Thanks, edited for more clarity of read.
anton

Postby garuda » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:02 pm

Anton,
Thanks for your rely. I think I misunderstood what she was saying in the video. :)
Recognize present awareness......... rest in that awareness..........don’t become distracted.
garuda

Return to Videos