A Visit with Ramana Marharshi 1944

SandyJoy

A Visit with Ramana Marharshi 1944

Post by SandyJoy » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:08 am

I was not sure where to post this. I decided this might be the best place. If any of you think otherwise, I can change it.

This is a link to an interesting bit of history. It is a little story about how William Samuel was the first American to visit Sri Ramana. I had always suspected this was the un-named "Master" that William mentions. And I recently found it was indeed Sri Ramana Maharshi.

Anyway, I wrote a little story about all this and you might enjoy reading it--or not :lol:

http://www.woodsongjournalnotes.blogspo ... ealed.html
You are not finished, until you play in that meadow and live there. You can, you know. But only you can take yourself there.

oak tree

Re: A Visit with Ramana Marharshi 1944

Post by oak tree » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:05 pm

Hi Sandy,

I enjoyed reading it! You tell a story well!

kiki

Post by kiki » Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:51 pm

Great story, Sandy.
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---

SandyJoy

Post by SandyJoy » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:52 pm

Oh gosh, thank you both. I do appreciate that you went to see. And I am glad to know the story was understandable--I was not sure if it all made sense. That's nice you mentioned it did--Thank you :D

I was so amazed by the whole danged strange unfolding adventure of history as it just started moving me along to go on this hunt. Anyway, it was fun for me. I hope others find it interesting ---maybe it was only for me-- I found it to be quite wonderful, the whole total thing coming together after so many years. Thank you both! <3
You are not finished, until you play in that meadow and live there. You can, you know. But only you can take yourself there.

karmarider

Post by karmarider » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:09 pm

Beautiful, poignant. Thanks, Sandy.

treasuretheday

Post by treasuretheday » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:16 am

Oh the excitement, the intrigue! Quite an unraveling mystery. Delightful, Sandy! Thanks for sharing this remarkable discovery!
Life itself is the proper binge.
-Julia Child

Sighclone

Post by Sighclone » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:18 am

What a great story, Sandy. We are honored to have your regular contributions here. WS is unknown to many, and you serve his message well. There is much love in all your posts.

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce

SandyJoy

Post by SandyJoy » Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:36 am

karmarider wrote:Beautiful, poignant. Thanks, Sandy.
Thanks karmarider. Life is tender and sad and so rich and beautiful--I love that about It <3
treasuretheday wrote:Oh the excitement, the intrigue! Quite an unraveling mystery. Delightful, Sandy! Thanks for sharing this remarkable discovery!
Hey Sweet Girl! Thank you, very happy you liked that little mystery tour. It was all very amazing to me when I came across the 'answer' --- no way I could not see the magic.

Sighclone wrote:What a great story, Sandy. We are honored to have your regular contributions here. WS is unknown to many, and you serve his message well. There is much love in all your posts.

Andy

Well Dear Andy, that is lovely. I really appreciate that you read it. As for the love in my posts, one day I saw that love is the only reason for living, as least in my life. Once I got that figured out, everything was easy. Love always works-- it really is fail proof. I am happy to know it somehow shows up when I write.

I always loved this little verse from the Bible--it just says it all for me:

How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace, who brings good news of happiness, who publishes salvation, who says to Zion, “Your God reigns.”--- That, to me, means that once you discover and know that God is All in all, then you are obliged to share it, to speak it, to shout it from the roof tops without hesitation, saying "Your God reigns!" rejoice and be of Good Cheer.

Anyway, I had a great time making that amazing discovery about William's history and then getting to share it is really the topping on the cake! <3