Talks with Ramana Maharishi

rideforever

Re: Talks with Ramana Maharishi

Post by rideforever » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:31 am

Beautiful as this book may be; I can't help feeling there is something missing.

Is the point of creation, to come out of it ?
To reject it ?
To find your way back to the source ?
What is the point of the delusion ?
People call it 'delusion' - but isn't it a beautiful game ?
Why the rush ?

So Ramana gives us a direct route back ... do we take it - right now !? Or play a bit longer ?

And ... most masters speak of how to find the route back home - and this perhaps is the most important. But what about some guidelines for having a good game first ?

If you have faith that there is a route back - can you relax and it enjoy it ?
I was proud, and I demanded the finest teacher
.. .. and when he appeared
.. .. .. .. I was so small

Sighclone

Re: Talks with Ramana Maharishi

Post by Sighclone » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:14 am

ride -

Excellent questions. My experience is that the "game" of life in form can still be enjoyed; in fact, more so, because you now have a perspective (wrong word but close) from which potential stresses in the "game" of life in maya are automatically defused, or radically disempowered. If it's all perfect, just as it is, and your experiences after shifting simply serve to continually validate that, the experience of suffering loses its grinding oppressive quality. Yes, a form of suffering can still happen -- a Zen master in tears at the death of his sister. In his new book "The Mystery Experience," (and earlier works), Tim Freke asserts that after a kensho...after a clear glimpse...that suffering still happens but is part of a larger framework, an experience within a much larger experience...it lacks the capacity to completely destroy us.

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce