Did Ramana Maharshi say this?

Natalie

Did Ramana Maharshi say this?

Post by Natalie » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:48 am

‎91. Question: But can I throw off all my responsibilities, all my commitments?

"Bhagavan: Now, look at the temple tower (Gopuram). There are many statues in it, and there is a big statue, one in each corner. Have you seen them? Well, do you think the statues support the temples entrance?

92. Devotee: When you speak like that, it would be as foolish as to think those statues also support the tal...l towers as well.

Bhagavan: Yes. Likewise, the Lord of the Universe carries the entire burden of this world. You imagine you do. You can hand all your burdens over to His care. Whatever you have to do, you will be made an instrument for doing it at the right time. Do not think you cannot do it unless you have the desire to do it. Desire does not give you the strength for doing. The entire strength is the Lord's."

Could someone please try to explain the answer given to question #92.
Is this Ramana Maharshi speaking?

Thanks,

Natalie

nutrition

Re: Did Ramana Maharshi say this?

Post by nutrition » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:32 am

Hi Natalie,
what do you mean "explain'?\
Bhagavan: Yes. Likewise, the Lord of the Universe carries the entire burden of this world. You imagine you do. You can hand all your burdens over to His care. Whatever you have to do, you will be made an instrument for doing it at the right time. Do not think you cannot do it unless you have the desire to do it. Desire does not give you the strength for doing. The entire strength is the Lord's."
Ok, the way I see the answer here is that if you have a desire for something it is the ego. If it is the ego then you are trying to carry the burden of this world because you think it is your responsibility to provide for your happiness. In reality you do not know your best interest. YOu think your best interest is to fulfill your desires, but all that does is take you back into the wheel of pain and pleasure. You feel empty and unfulfilled even when all your desires are satisfied.
Desire shows your weakness. Your strenght is in surrendering your will to god's.

I do not know if it was Ramana Maharshi.

blessing

Natalie

Re: Did Ramana Maharshi say this?

Post by Natalie » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:56 am

Thanks nutrition for your reply. I missed it.
I was referring to the choice of languague (lord...hand all your burdens to his care....his is all the strengh) I just found it strange. The person that sent me the qiote said it was Ramana's. I was just curious.