space

Talk about anything Tolle-related here.

space

Postby hinder123 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:51 pm

I am almost done reading A new earth, and I must say it has a profound effect on me already.
However I have some questions for those who understand it better than me. Please excuse my grammer, English is my second language.

First, What does Eckhart mean by 'space' and 'Inner space' 'to be spacious' I assumed it meant something other than awareness/consciousness because he wrote, 'use awareness of the inner body to create awareness'. Which i also don't understand.
hinder123

Re: space

Postby Mystic » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:22 am

There is a space or gap between thoughts that allows for the beauty of life to shine through. Seemingly insignificant things can help awaken the awareness of this stillness within.

http://communicate.eckharttolle.com/new ... ciousness/

Many poets and sages throughout the ages have observed that true happiness — I call it the joy of Being — is found in simple, seemingly unremarkable things. Most people, in their restless search for something significant to happen to them, continuously miss the insignificant, which may not be insignificant at all. The philosopher Nietzsche, in a rare moment of deep stillness, wrote, “For happiness, how little suffices for happiness! . . . the least thing precisely, the gentlest thing, the lightest thing, a lizard’s rustling, a breath, a wisk, an eye glance — little maketh up the best happiness. Be still.” Why is it the “least thing” that makes up “the best happiness”? Because true happiness is not caused by the thing or event, although this is how it first appears. The thing or event is so subtle, so unobtrusive, that it takes up only a small part of your consciousness—and the rest is inner space, consciousness itself unobstructed by form.
Mystic

Re: space

Postby hinder123 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:46 am

hinder123 wrote:he wrote, 'use awareness of the inner body to create awareness'. Which i also don't understand.

Sorry, I meant create 'space'
hinder123

Return to General Eckhart Tolle Discussion