Annoyance with conscientious people

Talk about anything Tolle-related here.
jtightlips21

Annoyance with conscientious people

Post by jtightlips21 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:21 pm

I have found that I had started becoming annoyed with conscientious people the more conscientious I became myself. Even if I can value it in myself, I like it less when I see it in others. Yet I am not sure why concientiousness would even be a bad thing to begin with. I know that people can do bad things in the name of conscientiousness, but people can do bad things in the name of anything. I even have more respect for people doing some disservice due to lack of conscientiousness. For example, I have more respect for Donald Trump than I do Hilary Clinton, since Clintons speech comes off as being hyper-moralistic compared to Trump. And that is saying a lot since I am not a fan of Right Wing politics. Then I found I hated Al Quaeda more because they believed they were doing good. But this was after I had just come out of Fundamentalism myself, and saw the similar foundations fundamentalism has when goodness is relative to some arbitrary sky emperor who imposes severe penalties.

The form that I feel I despise the most is the moralistic form where people become concerned about other peoples moral conduct, where they think its their job to punish people for transgressions, and force them to behave. But this is only just out of moralistic ideologies without necessarily having a social interest or concern for the individuals welfare.

Now Ethics is a tricky one, where the interest is in the common good. For myself, I align closer to an individualistic form of ethics that permits people to do as they please, so long as they dont intrude on anothers individuality. So I tend to get annoyed with a conscienciousness where people think it is their job to enforce other particular ideals, such as political correctness or overprotection on the left or patriotism, religious orthodoxy or production on the right.

RobS

Re: Annoyance with conscientious people

Post by RobS » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:58 pm

jtightlips21 wrote:I have found that I had started becoming annoyed with conscientious people the more conscientious I became myself. Even if I can value it in myself, I like it less when I see it in others. Yet I am not sure why concientiousness would even be a bad thing to begin with. I know that people can do bad things in the name of conscientiousness, but people can do bad things in the name of anything. I even have more respect for people doing some disservice due to lack of conscientiousness. For example, I have more respect for Donald Trump than I do Hilary Clinton, since Clintons speech comes off as being hyper-moralistic compared to Trump. And that is saying a lot since I am not a fan of Right Wing politics. Then I found I hated Al Quaeda more because they believed they were doing good. But this was after I had just come out of Fundamentalism myself, and saw the similar foundations fundamentalism has when goodness is relative to some arbitrary sky emperor who imposes severe penalties.

The form that I feel I despise the most is the moralistic form where people become concerned about other peoples moral conduct, where they think its their job to punish people for transgressions, and force them to behave. But this is only just out of moralistic ideologies without necessarily having a social interest or concern for the individuals welfare.

Now Ethics is a tricky one, where the interest is in the common good. For myself, I align closer to an individualistic form of ethics that permits people to do as they please, so long as they dont intrude on anothers individuality. So I tend to get annoyed with a conscienciousness where people think it is their job to enforce other particular ideals, such as political correctness or overprotection on the left or patriotism, religious orthodoxy or production on the right.
You’ll never find peace while you judge others. Accept people the way they are. Everybody’s has their own truth and each person is correct from their own POV. You are no more correct or wrong than anyone else. There is only one way out - acceptance and make peace with the fact that you both have your own truths. If you do this the struggle within you will stop, because you can’t struggle with something you have truly accepted.

Usually when we get annoyed at someone it is because something within is resonates with something in them. What is it in them that is in you...

Thanawat13

Re: Annoyance with conscientious people

Post by Thanawat13 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:30 am

This forum provides the knowledge.
I will keep track of it all the time.