Help!!!!!

Talk about anything Tolle-related here.
Webwanderer

Re: Help!!!!!

Post by Webwanderer » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:35 pm

SamiT wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:16 pm
...my mind perceives bodily sensations as dangerous. As I have said previously I'm 33 and have had all the relevant medical tests done. My mind still is not satisfied and still drags me along like a rag doll.
I suggest you think from a perspective of being and eternal Being. You're here on a temporary visa to explore this wondrous land of human experience. Of course the 'you' I refer to is not the identification construct of thought and emotion that is so fearful of certain sensations, but the Greater Consciousness that is doing the exploring through this form. That Consciousness is simply playing a role to gain knowledge through experience. We all eventually wake up. Whatever happens to the body you inhabit, you will forever exist.

Rather than taking the context of fear and resistance as to the sensations you experience, be more curious about them. Explore them dispassionately. They are what they are, but the energy of fear you focus upon may contribute in ways you'd prefer it didn't.

Go have some fun. Get out in nature. Be curious and explore the beauty in this world. It is abundant and life refreshing. Fill your life experience with things you appreciate. You'll be glad you did.

WW

Dcs

Post by Dcs » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:00 pm

Webwanderer wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:35 pm
You're here on a temporary visa to explore this wondrous land of human experience. Of course the 'you' I refer to is not the identification construct of thought and emotion that is so fearful of certain sensations, but the Greater Consciousness that is doing the exploring through this form. That Consciousness is simply playing a role to gain knowledge through experience. We all eventually wake up. Whatever happens to the body you inhabit, you will forever exist.

Rather than taking the context of fear and resistance as to the sensations you experience, be more curious about them. Explore them dispassionately. They are what they are, but the energy of fear you focus upon may contribute in ways you'd prefer it didn't.

Go have some fun. Get out in nature. Be curious and explore the beauty in this world. It is abundant and life refreshing. Fill your life experience with things you appreciate. You'll be glad you did.

WW
This is absolutely beautiful.

SamiT

Post by SamiT » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:19 am

Thank you all your replies are so wonderful.

I’ve been exploring this website and Eckharts books.

I have been in an intense state of fear for so long. What is frightening me is the spiritual awakening where people are saying it’s led them to psychiatric hospitals and nervous breakdowns, hospitalisation etc.

Myself and my family have been through so much already with regards to my anxiety and fear and I’m frightened to death of having a spiritual awakening and have to be hospitalised or the psychotic feeling that I’ve lost my mind. I wasn’t frightened I was intrigued until I read some of the responses on here.

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:53 pm

SamiT wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:19 am
Myself and my family have been through so much already with regards to my anxiety and fear and I’m frightened to death of having a spiritual awakening and have to be hospitalised or the psychotic feeling that I’ve lost my mind.
Actual spiritual awakening is not something that is likely to make you feel psychotic. Awakening frees us from our fearful and limiting beliefs. Awakening brings more simple clarity to how we perceive our life. Psychotic feelings are the grip of ego, not the relief of understanding born of that clarity.

Place your focus on just being okay. Don't concern yourself with 'spiritual awakening'. Awakening comes naturally by recognizing ego for what it is - our identification with the things we think and believe. Self judgment is just more ego. Be okay with who you are. Sit (or stand - it doesn't matter) for frequent moments of thought-free presence. Take several deep breaths and relax in aware presence. Make a thought-free feeling exploration of what it is to be conscious. In other words, feel your presence. Do this every day, many times, from this day forward. Just be feeling-aware of what it is to 'be'.

There is no litmus test for success - just practice and feel what consciousness is. With practice and repetition your consciousness will become more focused in 'now' rather than adopted stories and conditioned thought. 'Now' is where awakening is born. There is great 'Power' in 'now' to gain clarity on who/what we are. So much so that Eckhart Tolle wrote a book on the subject.

WW

kiki

Post by kiki » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:51 am

I second Webwanderer's comments. I will add this: People who have a solid background in understanding the implications of following an awakening "path" will likely not become freaked out and confused when they shed the confines of an egoic viewpoint. More likely it's those who have awakened spontaneously and without any such prior understanding that may go through a period of disorientation, and if they fail to find someone who knows what's going on they may think they are going crazy. And with the internet and the increasing numbers of people who are waking up finding such help is much more likely than it was in past years. There are plenty of people out there online who are willing, able and eager to "hold hands" with those who may feel they need guidance to help them stabilize and abide in true nature once they begin to get a taste of what's happening with them.
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---

SamiT

Post by SamiT » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:51 pm

Thank you Webwanderer, Kiki and Sighclone you are all helping me immensely and I will be forever grateful for your help at the beginning of my journey.

I've started recognizing when my Ego causes fear, i.e your going to die etc. My thought processes are extremely negative. I've also started to become aware of the presence within me, but the physical sensations which seem to frighten me pull me back into the negative thought processes. I am not sure if that might be that I still associate and think of myself as this body.

I had some physical sensations today and they have taken up half of my day worrying about them. It seems the ego has great momentum.

I have just listened to a YouTube video of Mooji in which a lady was having anxiety around health (which sounded a lot like me) and Mooji stated What is it that is sustaining this body and put your awareness on that. The body breathes by itself, your heart pumps by itself, there is something greater than you sustaining your body as if it was you.....you would never sleep because you would forget to breathe. :D This made sense to me, yes there is something greater than me which is sustaining my body but......then I started to think but some people get cancer or heart failure or some other illness, does Consciousness stop sustaining the body and allow this?

From what I've read Consciousness is always silent its the awareness that is aware of everything, its what sees when you look around. Can I pray or speak to it like people pray to God. I have friends in the 12 step fellowship who pray every morning and meditate who tell me things like hand it over to God and Let go and Let God.

I am sorry for the 'jumping' of subjects and all the questions.

Thank you all