Eckhart Tolle's Vision of a Diamond

Talk about anything Tolle-related here.
ashley72

Eckhart Tolle's Vision of a Diamond

Post by ashley72 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:44 am

Hi Everyone,

For the first time today I realised the significance of this observation by Eckhart on awakening...."Image of a precious diamond"
I was awakened by the chirping of a bird outside the window. I had never heard such a
sound before. My eyes were still closed, and I saw the image of a precious diamond. Yes, if a
diamond could make a sound, this is what it would be like. Eckhart Tolle
What I know about a diamond from my years in Chemistry, was its a form of carbon. A diamond is highly transparent, while graphite (another form) is opaque and black. Diamond is among the hardest materials known, while graphite is soft enough to form a streak on paper. Diamond has a very low electrical conductivity, while graphite is a very good conductor.

From a spiritual sense, a diamond could represent the other form within us, the transparent one.... the gaps between the thoughts.... if you notice the gaps or become one with the gaps... the electrical current will pause... the firing between the neurons so to speak will stop. The pointer is towards stillness (no internal resistance) which is in stark contrast to the minds persistent obsession with creating thought forms (firing neurons).
As the light filters through the clouds, awareness filters through my thoughts. Although I think, I still know I am. Eckhart Tolle
another
My thoughts used to weigh heavily upon me, until I became aware of the gap, no matter how small.... Eckhart Tolle
another
When the mind loses its density, you become translucent, like the flower. Spirit - the formless - shines through you into the world. Eckhart Tolle

Firing Neurons

I'd be interested to know what others took from Eckhart's diamond sign during the awakening?

fifi

Re: Eckhart Tolle's Vision of a Diamond

Post by fifi » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:13 am

S1RI

Re: Eckhart Tolle's Vision of a Diamond

Post by S1RI » Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:21 am

Hey mate.

Thank you for sharing this.
So in 2020 i did a 3 tab acid trip.
I actually experienced what Eckhart described. I heard the sounds of a bird and visualised it too. I then saw the image of a precious diamond. I remember saying to myself how it was precious too!
I had read this passage maybe a year before that but i don't believe i remembered it!

That is beyond comprehensible to me!!!
:shock: :shock: