Post by enlighten » Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:21 pm

nice

Herbert F. Weigelt III

Post by Herbert F. Weigelt III » Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:52 pm

ET? According to my memory... “All he wants to do is go home”
[TIP] if you get the chance "attend one of his seminars"

RFrancis

Post by RFrancis » Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:40 pm

He has stated many times not to get attached to the words but what is important is the essense underneath the words. They are simply "signposts", no more no less. He has not left us.
In this timeless dimension you are at one with all.

Shaz

Post by Shaz » Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:08 am

He(Eckhart) once stated during one of his talks, "I won't be saying anything new - there's nothing else to say"...

Truth is Truth and nothing can be added or taken away, is the way I interpreted this. I believe he may be done with any type of appearances.
...everything is everything, and nothing's nothing...

fnktrry

Post by fnktrry » Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:13 pm

Personally I think he's said enough. If he wrote 1000 books that would just give me something to achieve...must buy the next book, that'll get me closer.

Damn it, is there an Eckhart Tollaholics Anonymous club?

ithecactiguy

Post by ithecactiguy » Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:33 pm

I've wondered the same thing about "where is he, what is he up to".

Then I thought, I am being greedy for more text from him. If all he did was churn out books etc., I would be less likely to take him and his words seriously.

I don't want him caught up in the "publishing pressures" that big business might force on someone that put out such wonderful books.

Make any sense? Sometimes I don't.

kiki

Post by kiki » Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:07 pm

I don't want him caught up in the "publishing pressures" that big business might force on someone that put out such wonderful books.
Yes. Even now he gets chastised by some people because he doesn't come up with "anything new" when a new tape/cd makes it to the bookstores - just reading the comments on amazon.com bears this out. Even with his first book there were comments that he ripped off other writers.

Such comments are from people who look for "more" - more ideas, more information, more things for the mind to chew on, not realizing that his whole point is to get away from all of that. Only so much can be said about waking up, so it's better not to keep feeding hungry minds which will never become satisfied for long when "more" is given to them. The mind which seeks satisfaction through continuous feeding will be left wanting more and more.

OnlyNow

Post by OnlyNow » Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:21 pm

Thanks for the poems from Shelley.

.........particularly the second one, such power!
When the Pupil is ready the Master appears

OnlyNow

Post by OnlyNow » Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:33 pm

When I think of ET I'm reminded of an old text found in a book about Buddhism by Sri Madhava Ashish.

When the Pupil is ready the master appears. We need a man who can master our hearts; for this is the essential quality of true teaching, that it raises echoes in the depths of our being, resonances we recognise because they sound the notes of truly human aspiration.

Such a man will teach from where he is to the pupil where he is, not from a lordly tower of dogmatism.

I think ET truly fills these criteria.

I'm certainly grateful to have been lucky enough to be a pupil.

As said already both in this thread and other places ET has already said it all, many times and in many ways and though I would love the oppurtunity to be at one of his talks I am also happy that he is not doing any if this is his want.
When the Pupil is ready the Master appears

yougarksooo

Post by yougarksooo » Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:50 pm

Kiki, thanks for your post. I too sometimes wonder where he went. And yet, putting his books down and becoming present in my own life has been the greatest way to deepen into the present moment. For me, this can't be about Eckhart, the man. My mind will take that and run with it, identify too strongly, and then seek more. Instead, I read his books now to remind me of certain things that I forget---like that there is nothing I need to know, or to put it in his words "no new information is needed." Thus, as soon as the desire for more Tolle arises in me, I watch it as I would any other thought which seeks a more complete self in the future. Everything has been said. The real question is: what will we do now? I'm interested in waking up to now. The endless depth is there, not in the future.
"When people ask me who they are or who God is, I smile inside and whisper to the light: there you go again . . . pretending."

Adya

AnEternalNow

Post by AnEternalNow » Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:27 am

aquarius123esoteric

What Eckhart Tolle might be up to, now!

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:31 pm

I feel intuitively that Eckhart could presently be going through quite a trying time. Being born in 1948, he is 58/59 by now - depending which day and month his birthday falls.

This means that he is experiencing his Second Saturn Return, which is complete at age 59. The First Saturn Return is complete by age 29 1/2. Saturn Returns are always times for taking stock, for having a good look at one's life to see what one has done with it, so far. They are times for clearing out that which is outdated in our life and also what no longer serves our spiritual growth.

Bearing in mind that Eckhart had a very rough time, during his first Saturn Return, something similar could be happening to him, now. During the second one, tests and trials are coming our way that we have been presented with, in a somewhat different form, earlier in our life. One frequently gets the feeling of deja-vu.

Depending what age you are now, when you reflect on your Saturn Return(s), have you any experiences you may wish to share with us? As far as Eckhart is concerned, let him be - he'll tell us when he's ready.

With love and light,
Aquarius

Petra

Re: What Eckhart Tolle might be up to, now!

Post by Petra » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:36 pm

aquarius123esoteric wrote: The First Saturn Return is complete by age 29 1/2. Saturn Returns are always times for taking stock, for having a good look at one's life to see what one has done with it, so far. They are times for clearing out that which is outdated in our life and also what no longer serves our spiritual growth.
Do you mean that's the same for everybody at 29 1/2? Because that's where I am right now. Well... just a little over :)

aquarius123esoteric

Saturn Returns

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:32 pm

Hello Peta,
Yes, that's what I meant to say! My apologies for not making it quite clear and thank you for prompting this. The Saturn Returns - if we live long enough - there'll be more than two - take place every 29 1/2 years in everybody's life. It is complete when Saturn in the sky above us has returned to the same spot, as indicated in your birthchart at the moment of our birth. This is applies to everybody.

How about you, Petra? Having reached this landmark in the spiritual development of your present lifetime, are you making any changes or have you made them already? Is there any learning you could share with us here? I would love to hear your observations - or anyone else's on these times in your life - as others may learn something from them, too. It can be a tough and trying time for those who are still too based in the material aspects of their life. So, my best wishes are with all who are going through it, now.

With love and light,
Aquarius

Tin Soul

Post by Tin Soul » Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:58 am

I apologize to all.
I made a joke, and it's good to have a sense of humor, but in doing so I did not maintain proper respect, and did not show respect to the feelings of others. Sorry, and thanks for your patience with me.