Eckhart on the Law of Attraction

Talk about anything Tolle-related here.

Re: Eckhart on the Law of Attraction

Postby rideforever » Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:53 pm

Power is just a brand name, these techniques are ancient.

The purpose is to be R E A L.

Any more questions ?
I was proud, and I demanded the finest teacher
.. .. and when he appeared
.. .. .. .. I was so small
rideforever

Postby Webwanderer » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:17 pm

rideforever wrote:Power is just a brand name, these techniques are ancient.

Really? 'Power' according to Tolle is like Coca Cola or Microsoft?

Any more questions ?

Sure. If 'Power' is a brand name, what is it that 'Power' refers to? And what are these ancient techniques that you cite? I realize that there is nothing new in respect to Truths about being, that there is only new presentations of it for evolving consciousness, but be specific. Truths and techniques are quite different. What do you refer to?

I would add on the ancientness of Truths Jen's pointer to 'ask and it shall be given' as an ancient version of LoA. So Truths remain, it is techniques that seem to evolve with the human experience.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby rideforever » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:28 pm

Webwanderer wrote:I would add on the ancientness of Truths Jen's pointer to 'ask and it shall be given' as an ancient version of LoA. So Truths remain, it is techniques that seem to evolve with the human experience.

In this paragraph you say that the technique is ancient. And then you say techniques seem to evolve. What is your meaning .... ?

All concentration practice ends time.
I was proud, and I demanded the finest teacher
.. .. and when he appeared
.. .. .. .. I was so small
rideforever

Postby Yutso » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:47 pm

peace. ok webwanderer. yutso want to follw rules.
Last edited by Yutso on Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Yutso

Postby Webwanderer » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:22 pm

Yutso wrote:http://www.getrichslowly.org/blog/2007/05/06/there-is-no-secret-the-myth-of-the-law-of-attraction/

From the above link.

"The Law of Attraction states that your life is a result of the things you think about."

This is a false premiss. The Law of Attraction I am aware of states no such thing. The rest of the article, based on this distortion, is irrelevant. Like so often happens when it comes to egos, a distorted statement is made, and then is attacked with vigor. Another strawman killed in the name of truth and justice.

Yutso, please don't just post links to irrelevant articles. If you have something to contribute then do so - from your own perspective.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby Yutso » Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:53 am

Where is compassion in your understanding of the law of attraction?
Yutso

Postby Yutso » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:51 pm

The bible quotes. What would you say smileygen to the millions of mothers who asked that their children be spared during the holocaust.
Yutso

Postby Webwanderer » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:26 pm

Yutso wrote:Where is compassion in your understanding of the law of attraction?

How are you defining compassion in this question?

WW
Webwanderer

Postby smiileyjen101 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:33 pm

The bible quotes. What would you say smileygen to the millions of mothers who asked that their children be spared during the holocaust.

Firstly my intention in sharing the bible quotes were to show that these 'knowledges' are not new and have been passed down and recorded in the old texts, regardless of which 'versions' of them. I could have just shared my Granny's oral wisdoms but they are more difficult to validate.

Secondly, my initial reaction to the question was 'ouch, where did that come from?" What, I'm now responsible for all the tragedies in the world? ... admittedly fear crept in there.

But after breathing out and acknowledging this question has either come from a misunderstanding of my intention in sharing those quotes (see point one) or it may have come from the enormity of what is being shared in the loa.

Yes understanding the loa does bring a very different experience of life's tragedies. Absolutely.
So I will answer the question in light of that understanding, underpinned with far more in terms of aware responding to situations.

I would say to the mothers the same thing I say to myself, having sat praying for the life of my son and at the scene of my daughter's death, both by the hands of others.

I would say -
Fear not, what is truly the essence of your child lives on. What is truly the essence of your love is eternal. What you have been given to bear can be borne with grace. In your darkest hour your love will comfort you, in your love is your salvation and in your fear is your suffering.

I would say as I say to myself and have said to many mothers who have walked this path fearing that they will not bear the pain - this pain will ease, the love will remain. You need only live this moment, one step at a time and remembering to breathe. For sometimes this is enough - to take one step at a time, to (literally) put one foot in front of the other and remember to breathe, for sometimes this is all you are capable of, but this is okay too.

My Granny's version of this was - 'your back was made for your burden' and at times in weakness and in the depths of fear I have wailed "But Granny, I'm only little". It is with this wail that the love of all eternal and the truth resonates so much more strongly than fear and the lies that manifest with it.

I realised this most keenly, most devastatingly as I sat slumped and broken and screaming and wailing in pain beyond imagining at the scene of my beautiful, vibrant, loving, amazing daughter's death 20 years after the death of my beautiful, innocent, wise and loving son, having walked that most intense journey of grief, wailing "I cannot do this! I cannot go through this again!"

And something amazing happened.

I immediately felt the resonance that was the lie that I was screaming.

I had survived the grief of my son's death and one foot in front of the other, living only this moment had lived with the joy that is. The joy that enabled me to so fully love and experience life with my daughter. Living each precious moment with the reverence and appreciation that it deserved.

It would not be easy, but I would survive. and only someone who has walked this path could possibly understand what a blessing/burden that realisation was.

By the calibre of my thoughts and feelings I would create the reality of my life. I would create the memories that I would hold onto and those that I would let go. I would make my choices as consciously as my presence would allow. I would choose love over fear. I would choose compassion over hatred. I would choose appreciation over offence. I would thank God for the blessing that my children were to me and are in my memories still.

So, Yutso, I'm sorry if this is not the answer you were expecting.

We do have choices in how we view our situations. We do create our perspective of our reality by those choices and by those resonances of either fear or love that we emanate.

I am the first to admit that accepting the responsibility for our choices is maybe not easy at times, but it is the truth of the matter. You cannot be awake and avoid it.

And ET says as much, ego/fear and love/awareness cannot co-exist in the same moment. and we only live one moment at a time in awareness, in unconsciousness yes we can project and deny etc etc but not in awareness.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Postby Ralph » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:59 pm

Thanks Jen, ..what you said there touched my heart. I admire your courage and strength during those difficult times.

After reading your post, it gave me better understanding of what is meant by the phrase "Love does conquer all ".
Ralph

Postby Yutso » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:29 am

Beautiful post jen. I am sorry for your loss.

I apologize for my question.

yutso leave this tolle forum. contribute nothing, only suffering. to all: my wish for you is peace and joy.
Yutso

Postby smiileyjen101 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:35 am

Dearest yutso, you have absolutely nothing to apologise for.

Not in the least.

It's why I breathed .. that I was sorry if this was not the sort of answer you were expecting, but "ask and you shall receive" and ask you did my friend.
:wink:
Hugs in your heart

You do not create the suffering in anyone.
Life does not create the suffering in anyone.
Perspective creates the suffering in many.

If you are sorry for my loss then you must also be aware of (and I hope can share my absolute gratitude and joy for) the immense joy that I have been privileged with.
There is no day without night, there is no loss without love.

There is no learning without experience.

And, every experience is an opportunity for learning - how the energies fold back unto themselves - your only embarrassment here is based on some false notion of me taking offence, or being caused any harm by your question or by my life experience, and in reality I take no offence, and I have come to no harm,

so ...

don't go anywhere.. you just cracked an egg (ego)shell, that's all.

Now, let's make omelette!!

hugs and heart and in sincerity smiles and love.
I am okay.

You are okay.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Postby Lola76 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:25 am

I enjoyed reading ETs views on the LOA. I believe in them both.

I especially like how he says, basically, that all desire is the desire of God. Therefore, we need not worry about manifesting erroneously from the ego as the ego is at odds with God. Since you must be aligned with God to manifest something, there is little chance that you would attract something of little value into your experience. However, that doesn't mean it will be something you actually want.

ET reminds me of The Secret when he says that we must be in the flow in order to create something. If it feels difficult, then you know you are on the wrong track.

For me saying that we humans "give birth" to creations, as opposed to just "getting" them is an absolute aha moment.

Feel Good, Everyone.
Lola76

Previous

Return to General Eckhart Tolle Discussion