Present Moment Reminder

Talk about anything Tolle-related here.

Present Moment Reminder

Postby nutrition » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:38 am

ET's present moment reminder for today:
You are not IN the universe, you ARE the universe, an intrinsic part of it. Ultimately you are not a person, but a focal point where the universe is becoming conscious of itself. What an amazing miracle.

"Ultimately you are not a person" since I am not a person would that mean the the universe would become conscious of itself even if I were an animal or a plant or a rock....etc..?
Or is it my condition as a human being which includes the mind that allows the universe to become conscious of itself ?

Bless
nutrition

Re: Present Moment Reminder

Postby arel » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:16 pm

Thanks for the quote.
Yes I think it is the human mind that works itself out to have attention examine itself. By different means - suffering, spiritual teachings, contemplating death, curiosity, or all of the above.
If you observe any person closely I bet you can guess where his/her attention is. I think the same for anything sentient, any life form. But only with humans I think we can observe evidence of attention/consciousness turning towards itself.
What I say is only my viewpoint.
arel

Re: Present Moment Reminder

Postby Ralph » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:45 pm

nutrition wrote:ET's present moment reminder for today:
You are not IN the universe, you ARE the universe, an intrinsic part of it. Ultimately you are not a person, but a focal point where the universe is becoming conscious of itself. What an amazing miracle.

"Ultimately you are not a person" since I am not a person would that mean the the universe would become conscious of itself even if I were an animal or a plant or a rock....etc..?
Or is it my condition as a human being which includes the mind that allows the universe to become conscious of itself ?

Bless

Perhaps another way of putting it is : without you there is no universe ... no you ,no universe.... all there is is the universe and you are that.
Ralph

Return to General Eckhart Tolle Discussion