Wave Structure of Matter (WSM)

Talk about anything Tolle-related here.

Wave Structure of Matter (WSM)

Postby ashley72 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:47 am

I've been delving into Being and Not Being.... which led me to a theory of Wave Structure of Matter. This theory states that, The Wave Structure of Matter is founded on one thing, Space, existing as a wave medium. i.e. A Metaphysics of Space and (wave) Motion - where matter is formed from the spherical standing wave motions of Space.

Erwin Schrödinger actually proposed a wave structure of matter over 80 years ago, unfortunately his wave equations were used by Max Born as probability waves to find the location of the particle, rather than treating them as real waves in Space. As Schrodinger explains;

"What we observe as material bodies and forces are nothing but shapes and variations in the structure of space. Particles are just schaumkommen (appearances). ... The world is given to me only once, not one existing and one perceived. Subject and object are only one. The barrier between them cannot be said to have broken down as a result of recent experience in the physical sciences, for this barrier does not exist. ... Let me say at the outset, that in this discourse, I am opposing not a few special statements of quantum physics held today (1950s), I am opposing as it were the whole of it, I am opposing its basic views that have been shaped 25 years ago, when Max Born put forward his probability interpretation, which was accepted by almost everybody. I don't like it, and I'm sorry I ever had anything to do with it." - (Erwin Schrödinger, The Interpretation of Quantum Physics.)

This video shows a good animation of a spherical standing wave (inner & outer wave)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BTcmuGdLCU

If you're new to all this then a good starting point is the article "The Wave Structure of Matter (WSM) and the Origin of Natural Laws" by Milo Wolff.
ashley72

Re: Wave Structure of Matter (WSM)

Postby ashley72 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:53 am

A new theory of the electron. The reason it "appears" to be a particle is merely an illusion! Its actually a kind of strangle-coupling of two opposite spherical waves. The Aha moment for finding.... The Yin & The Yang :lol:

The two superimposed waves form a standing wave, termed a space resonance (SR). The center of the wave structure is the nominal location of the electron. These space resonances are perpetual spherical oscillators. Each resonance extends throughout space and interacts with other resonances so that the natural laws result from the properties of the waves and the medium they travel in, 'space' or the ether.

We've got to hand it to the ancient Chinese thinkers.....the model maybe not so sophisticated but nevertheless pretty bloody accurate.

It makes a lot of common-sense... Binary works so damn well in our world... its such a natural fit for our Physical Reality.

The inward wave is actually produced by the outward wave. Nearby atomic waves (not particles) maintain its internal structure by creating a boundary wave or new plane wave front which behaves like a single wave front. It really is so ingenious of nature....maybe this is why the mystics say - its all held together by love or togetherness. :lol:

I'm going to jump in now and predict a new vernacular for the world, aptly called... "Blame it on Born" a reference to the Born Rule

The Probability Interpretation in QM

The Schrödinger equation details the behaviour of ψ but says nothing of its nature. Schrödinger tried to interpret it as a charge density in his fourth paper, but he was unsuccessful. In 1926, just a few days after Schrödinger's fourth and final paper was published, Max Born successfully interpreted ψ as the probability amplitude, whose absolute square is equal to probability density. (The most striking part of this interpretation is it had absolutely nothing to do with real physical observations, or even based on the current model of Reality - it was completely mathematical and abstract....In other words, the complete opposite of being Realistic)

Schrödinger, though, always opposed a statistical or probabilistic approach, with its associated discontinuities—much like Einstein, who believed that quantum mechanics was a statistical approximation to an underlying deterministic theory— and never reconciled with the Copenhagen interpretation. - Source Wikipedia
ashley72

Postby ashley72 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:46 am

I think this short interview with Dean Radin, is a good layman's perspective on the enigma of matter.

Dean Radin - A Quantum view of the World

Dean's final words in the interview .... "Matter - Its got to be made of something, but whatever that is we don't have words to describe it."

A clue to all this could be based simply on the representation of: in->form->ation. which is created by boundary conditions formed by many wave-fronts. Reality is merely a giant binary information soup of 0 & 1's! :lol:

ashley72

Postby ashley72 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:21 am

Maybe that is our mistake: maybe there are no particle positions and velocities, but only waves. It is just that we try to fit the waves to our preconceived ideas of positions and velocities.The resulting mismatch is the cause of the apparent unpredictability. ~ Stephen Hawkin A Brief History of Time
ashley72

Postby rideforever » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:17 am

Hey Ashley, why don't you write a book. This kind of stuff will put you on the bestseller list these days.
I was proud, and I demanded the finest teacher
.. .. and when he appeared
.. .. .. .. I was so small
rideforever

Postby ashley72 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:30 pm

rideforever wrote:Hey Ashley, why don't you write a book. This kind of stuff will put you on the bestseller list these days.

If I was going to publish material of a scientific nature, i would use a web-based medium, rather than a conventional book
style format. Maybe a wiki or interactive media... like an iPhone app or something with video content.

Last year, I established a mirror website, after its founder Gabriel LaFreniere suddenly passed away and his scientific theories & work - suddenly went offline. His scientific theories demonstrated what I see as a plausible explanation to a baffling & unresolved conundrum in Quantum Mechanics.

Wave–particle duality is an ongoing conundrum in modern physics. Most physicists accept wave-particle duality as the best explanation for a broad range of observed phenomena; however, it is not without controversy. Gabriel LaFreniere views are presented here. http://www.matterwaves.info These views are not generally accepted by mainstream physics, but serve as a basis for valuable discussion within the scientifc community. Dr Milo Wolff was the first to propose such a theory, his website is presented here. http://www.quantummatter.com/

I can't add any novelty to these theories right now. But I'm exploring it. :wink:

A question I'd like answered is... What is the model for "perception", in respect to a wave structure of matter theory.

Erwin Schrödinger summed it up best when he said:

"The world is given to me only once, not one existing and one perceived. Subject and object are only one. The barrier between them cannot be said to have broken down as a result of recent experience in the physical sciences, for this barrier does not exist."

In the same vein...

Douglas Holfstadter says, "The basic idea is that the dance of symbols in a brain is itself perceived by symbols, and that step extends the dance, and so round and round it goes. That, in a nutshell, is what consciousness is."

He also says we get symbols from non-symbols. Order from disorder. Etc
ashley72

Postby rideforever » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:09 pm

People are hungry for this kind of stuff right now. Money to be made.
rideforever

Postby ashley72 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:37 pm

Schrödinger, an Austrian physicist, had become famous in the 1920s for his work on quantum theory. Key amongst his achievements was his famous wave equation, for which he was awarded the Nobel Prize in Physics in 1933.

However, a little known fact, is Erwin Schrödinger also play an important role in discovering DNA. He gave researchers of the time, the necessary clues that a code of life must be carried by molecules. All three scientists recognised for discovering the DNA.... acknowledged, & attribute their interest in DNA was sparked not by a biologist, but by a series of lectures delivered by Erwin Schrödinger.

"One small comment on a large and important question". The question Schrödinger addressed was: "How can the events in space and time which take place within the spatial boundary of a living organism be accounted for by physics and chemistry?"

Schrödinger's attempts to answer this question would influence a generation of physicists to apply their knowledge to solving biological problems. Schrödinger offered valuable insights into how physics could help solve issues like the basis of heredity.

Schrödinger argued that life could be thought of in terms of storing and passing on biological information. Understanding life, which would invariably involve discovering the gene, could possibly go beyond the laws of physics as was known at the time, he stated.

Building on this belief, Schrödinger proposed a mind-expanding metaphor in his last lecture. Because so much information had to be packed into every cell, it must be packed into what Schrödinger called a 'hereditary code-script' embedded in the molecular fabric of chromosomes. To understand life, then, we would have to identify these molecules, and crack their code.

http://www.nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/medicine/laureates/1962/perspectives.html

What's fascinating is that Erwin recognised that reality was an aether of space resonance, he even came up with the wave equations to describe this space resonance. He also realised that life forms are contained within a spatial boundary or membrane within this space resonance. Within each spatial boundary (life-forms) he theorised there was increasing order. This meant life must carry a code that produced that order.

I can definitely see a possible link between non-symbols (disorder) moving towards symbols (order) as Douglas Hofstadter has concluded. This might explain why we get I's from non-I's when a body or membrane is part of the picture. :wink:
ashley72

Postby rideforever » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:46 am

You are making very interesting connections between many different disciplines and are passionate about it. Connection many layers of understanding and reality.
rideforever

Postby ashley72 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:01 am

rideforever wrote:You are making very interesting connections between many different disciplines and are passionate about it. Connection many layers of understanding and reality.

I believe, the integrated & collaborative nature of the World Wide Web, is the primary motivation, people like myself are now afforded the opportunity to delve deeply into the new frontiers of scientific knowledge.

Even if I'm not adding to the scientific advancement, I positively revel in the excitement to share the front-line. :lol:

The World Wide Web is my oyster!

ashley72

Postby ashley72 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:20 pm

More recent hard scientific evidence that physical matter like electrons that make up atoms are not point particles but rather a propagating wave medium.

http://m.phys.org/news/2014-11-ultracold-space.html

http://www.wired.com/2014/06/the-new-quantum-reality/
ashley72

Postby ashley72 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:16 pm

Another science article that puts weight behind the Wave Structure of Matter Theory.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2612949/Are-living-underwater-Researchers-believe-universe-liquid-superfluid.html

The Universe is a "liquid" superfluid, with a viscosity of zero! That is, they worked out how ‘thick’ the liquid would be – and they found it to be almost zero.
ashley72

Return to General Eckhart Tolle Discussion