Augmented Reality

Talk about anything Tolle-related here.

Augmented Reality

Postby ashley72 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:23 am

I recently came across some new technology devices which layer graphical information over real-time video streams. They are called Augmented Reality applications or devices.

Our thinking mind is a bit like an augmented Reality device! That's why I'm so interested by these new technologies and what we might discover about our own attentive nature by exploring this kind of new technology.

Here is a great video demonstrating an augmented technology application.... obviously this is the tip of the ice-berg... but it shows you what happens when we layer conceptual information over raw real-time video streams.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9JXtTj0mzE

I'd like to hear what others think about this stuff?
ashley72

Re: Augmented Reality

Postby smiileyjen101 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:36 am

HI Ash, did you see about this on the documentary series Prophets of Science Fiction? I noticed last night when it was on they were talking about George Lucas and the applications of it in Star Wars and it now being a reality.

http://www.sbs.com.au/documentary/program/901

I found it most interesting.. I couldn't help thinking when I very first saw Star Wars (the first one that's now somewhere else down the line) and Luke Skywalker was getting nervous relying on what he was seeing on the screen and hmm his mentor's voice saying, 'use the force luke, use the force' me just going bubble-pop 'this guy's had an nde!!' (I do that, it's more in the what happens 'after' that it 'feels' evident) then last night they were talking about George Lucas having a major car crash, being in a coma for days and while he apparently doesn't remember an nde experience his whole life 'mission' changed and here his 'imagination' brings this stuff to life.

And then they talked about 'dark matter' being 'the source' as its depicted in Star Wars, and if we find out what that is we will know.... well, everything really.
Of course I was yum, yum, yumming all over the place. :)

But back to your 'noticing'
Our thinking mind is a bit like an augmented Reality device!

It is, isn't it.
Every spec of information we 'filter' we can 'filter' as knowingly/glowingly as the screen right in front of our face.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Postby ashley72 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:47 am

smiileyjen101 wrote:HI Ash, did you see about this on the documentary series Prophets of Science Fiction?

Yes, i was channel surfing and caught the end of the program. It was probably "Prophets of Science Fiction". :D
ashley72

Postby ZenDrumming » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:45 pm

Very intreresting indeed.

New technologies like this have started to scare me at first, but in a way it just seems to be the next logical step. We are re-creating our inner states in the digital realm. It's like we're adding another mind on top of our mind! How many minds can you stack before they come crashing down? :lol:
ZenDrumming

Postby ashley72 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:57 pm

ZenDrumming wrote:Very intreresting indeed.

New technologies like this have started to scare me at first, but in a way it just seems to be the next logical step. We are re-creating our inner states in the digital realm. It's like we're adding another mind on top of our mind! How many minds can you stack before they come crashing down? :lol:

The same objective thoughts arose here. :D

This type of technology may help people understand the human condition better. Humans actually function by objectifying Reality. It functions like an overlay on raw unobjectified Reality.... in much the same way Augmented Reality apps are being made. But what becomes more obvious in the inviolated level of our Attentive nature... Which is prior to any objectified level. The inviolated level is prior & free from conceptualization because it's timeless & spaceless and only NOW.
ashley72

Postby smiileyjen101 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:03 am

Ash said: This type of technology may help people understand the human condition better. Humans actually function by objectifying Reality. It functions like an overlay on raw unobjectified Reality.... in much the same way Augmented Reality apps are being made.

But what becomes more obvious in the inviolated level of our Attentive nature... Which is prior to any objectified level.

The inviolated level is prior & free from conceptualization because it's timeless & spaceless and only NOW.

I like the 'inviolated level of our attentive nature'.

Wonder if we can come to an agreement on the timeless and spaceless NOW.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Return to General Eckhart Tolle Discussion