The Law of Attraction vs Traditional Paths

Talk about anything Tolle-related here.

The Law of Attraction vs Traditional Paths

Postby rideforever » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:37 pm

Hi

I am interested in the LOA and Bashar, because I agree we create our own reality through the thoughts we think, the beliefs we have, and the approach we take : and life mirrors that to us.

Howver, Traditional Paths teach that there is some inner truth within you, that by becoming indescriminately aware of yourself you will reach the truth within, by reaching beneath the layers of thoughts, you will find yourself inside.

I have a big and fundamental question regarding LOA which is, isn't it the complete reverse of the Traditional Paths ? Aren't we meant to be deluded suffering beings ? And if we are isn't LOA just encouraging our suffering. Say it is possible to (using LOA) have a life of wealth and fame or whatever you desire ... isn't that more confusion - aren't you choosing out of confusion ?

Isn't the point of Traditional Paths to just let go of any attempt to make decisions at this level of confusion, until such time as you have reached your inner core which is trustworthy ?

And isn't the whole point of discovering yourself truly. Rather than desiring a nice car or whatever.

So that's my quandary.
I was proud, and I demanded the finest teacher
.. .. and when he appeared
.. .. .. .. I was so small
rideforever

Re: The Law of Attraction vs Traditional Paths

Postby Ralph » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:48 pm

rideforever wrote:And isn't the whole point of discovering yourself truly. Rather than desiring a nice car or whatever.

In my case, I want both, discovering myself and the new car or whatever. :)

Who says I can't have both. :roll:
Ralph

Postby Webwanderer » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:27 am

Law of attraction works in two ways - by intent and by default. Default is generally how it works for most everyone simply because there is little understanding of what it takes to create by intent. You may think you are attracting wealth and fame by thinking and wishing for it, but the fear and concern that you won't achieve it is more emotionally charged and is likely to be more attractive than what you desire. Desire is creative, but it takes clear focus to manifest what is desired.

So where is the heart of clarity to be found? That would be in alignment with Source consciousness and one's true nature.

rideforever wrote:I have a big and fundamental question regarding LOA which is, isn't it the complete reverse of the Traditional Paths ?

Not at all. It's just that LOA is not the primary focus in more traditional paths. A couple of Bible references relating to LOA: 'as ye sew so shall ye reap,' 'If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.' Faith is the type of focus required to engage the LOA by intent.

Aren't we meant to be deluded suffering beings ?

Meant by who or what?

And if we are isn't LOA just encouraging our suffering.

Law of Attraction doesn't encourage anything. It simply is. It does however enable us to explore the experience of our own creative focus.

Say it is possible to (using LOA) have a life of wealth and fame or whatever you desire ... isn't that more confusion - aren't you choosing out of confusion ?

Understand. LoA is always in effect. It is constantly flowing through your being to create your perceived reality. Desire plays a role for sure, and it's quite possible that one is acting out of confusion. It's likely that that is mostly the case in varying degrees depending on the individual beingness. That doesn't mean there is no value in confusion however. One still must experience the results of one's focus and perspective. If one doesn't like the life experience they have the pain involved may inspire one to another direction. No experience is lost.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby tikey » Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:55 pm

rideforever wrote:
And isn't the whole point of discovering yourself truly. Rather than desiring a nice car or whatever.

Thtats what i was thinking about law of attraction first, but when you finally discover yourself you discover also your true desires. and then you can deliberately
create your life by wishfull thinking and no fear about the future.

In conversations with god there was a quote that you "attract what you fear". So thats very interesting that the fear can interrupt your wishfull thinking.

But there is a catch to all this. You can use law of attraction to discover yourself. You can start wishing that one day you will be self-realized or enlightened
or whatever and create that experience by focusing on it deliberately. The result might not be instant. For me it took about 2 years of becoming present for
a while and then becoming unconscious.

Paradoxically Eckhart propably summoned enlightenment to himself with his own fear. Its very ironic that great master was once full of fear and anxiety and
theese factors summoned to him the enlightenment.

So try to create deliberately, but I would suggest that it will be possible for you at point when you are already yourself and you dont fear anything. This is the state of deliberate creation in my opinion to which all the books point. I think :)
Im just a cloudless sky :)
tikey

Return to General Eckhart Tolle Discussion