Relating Music to our Feelings

Talk about anything Tolle-related here.

Relating Music to our Feelings

Postby ashley72 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:55 am

Music comes to us in the form of waves.... and somehow music can resonate with our innermost feelings.

I found this fascinating video which reveals the three basic harmonies which relate to our feelings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gCd_4MYc24

Just like the three primary colours Red, Yellow & Blue make up all the colours.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yu44JRTIxSQ

Comments welcome.
ashley72

Re: Relating Music to our Feelings

Postby HandfullaMinerals » Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:28 pm

Very interesting.

He mentions that the harmony has just 3 emotions, and the chords/backing music has thousands of emotions.

So really that's why a certain chord combination, with a harmony produces a unique feeling. And they lead to the enjoyment of the music.

On a side note I used to just like heavy metal a lot, mainly tending towards harsher sounding music. It wasn't so much the music that made me feel a certain way, it was also (the pain body I guess?) that wanted to feel a certain way. It was at a time in my late teens I felt very isolated and felt like life was getting more and more difficult. Then after that I got bored of it and eventually expanded to several genres of music.

That brings me to another point, it doesn't matte where in the world you go and what music you listen to, someone could be listening to a piece of classical music or something and another may be listening to some heavy metal or something, and the emotional movement would be the exact same due to various people and their various conditioning.
It is the ego which raises difficulties, creating obstacles and then suffers from the perplexity of apparent paradoxes. Find out who makes the enquiries and the Self will be found.
HandfullaMinerals

Return to General Eckhart Tolle Discussion