Tolle Compares The Secret with The Power of Now

Talk about anything Tolle-related here.

Re: Tolle Compares The Secret with The Power of Now

Postby arel » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:39 am

Rick wrote:In this world of form there are plenty of self evident truths that require simple observation, not belief, to know they are true. The form of my dog will die one day - my father's form is already dead and turned to ashes - yesterday is gone forever - the sky is blue - birds fly - cats meow - fire is hot - what goes up must come down - JFK was shot on Dealey Plaza - what you resist persists - what you try to hold on to you will lose - there are no shadows without light - clinging to your intellectual mind for a sense of self blocks awakening to realization - these are statements of fact.

I'd like to jump in and say that such things as "sky is blue", "birds fly" are "true" because there is overwhelming agreement to them among human perception. That's what you are pointing to to say "this is true", I believe. You also said "what you try to hold on to you will lose" for example, and I don't necessarily agree with that, so it is less "true", or even "untrue". Now if you tell a man who was born blind that the "sky is blue", would he agree with you? He would say "I don't know". So it "sky is blue" true at that point, or is "less true"?
What I say is only my viewpoint.
arel

Postby tod » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:57 am

the key master wrote:
ww said: Regardless of the imaginings conscious being may or may not have temporarily adopted, it's unique aware consciousness that matters.

It sounds like "conscious being" is just a term you use to identify the human being you're appearing as and the thoughts you seem to be having. Maybe they ain't 'your' thoughts, and maybe "consciousness" isn't unique to anybody. What appears in consciousness is unique, and it ain't you. That's not denying self, that's addressing the delusion of being a separate appearance. There is a difference.

I understand the way WW is using the term "conscious being" as referring to the ability to consciously create/believe/imagine, and then consciously occupy that creation. On the other hand there is "unconscious being" referring to the ability to occupy a creation that is thought/believed not to have been created by the one being.
tod

Postby the key master » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:44 pm

smiiley said,
They create an energy path that provides opportunities to experience by linking into that energy flow. Not as in sole creation no, it is co-creation but without their participation it wouldn't occur/manifest either. It's the opportunities to experience that whatever says YES to.

I don't mind saying that life is a dance of energy. But the only thing that's going on is sole creation. Everything else is an illusion.

There is a discussion somewhere on one of the Abraham-Hicks videos that speaks about the 'quality' or frequency strength of the thoughts and actions that do kind of attract the 'whatever's' attention. This is a palpable frequency and when science figures that one out it will make all 'advances' thus far pale in comparison - electricity, solar power, nuclear power, hydro power have nothing on this one! I can only imagine the mess they could make. We imho, as a species, are not ready for that response ability for the most part. That doesn't mean it's not there any more than electricity was always there. For as long as folks think it's about material things or 'control' they will not see the balance of it in terms of experience.

I do see differing frequencies or energies among the various appearances. The fragrance of highly unconscious people is detectable, and suffering can be noticed. In contrast, fully conscious people don't suffer. Seemingly, most people aren't 'ready' to become fully conscious, I agree, which is only to say they have no interest in it. There are 'benefits' in the absence of the beneficiary. And yes, whatever those benefits are, are already here.
the key master

Postby the key master » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:46 pm

arel wrote:
Rick wrote:In this world of form there are plenty of self evident truths that require simple observation, not belief, to know they are true. The form of my dog will die one day - my father's form is already dead and turned to ashes - yesterday is gone forever - the sky is blue - birds fly - cats meow - fire is hot - what goes up must come down - JFK was shot on Dealey Plaza - what you resist persists - what you try to hold on to you will lose - there are no shadows without light - clinging to your intellectual mind for a sense of self blocks awakening to realization - these are statements of fact.

I'd like to jump in and say that such things as "sky is blue", "birds fly" are "true" because there is overwhelming agreement to them among human perception. That's what you are pointing to to say "this is true", I believe. You also said "what you try to hold on to you will lose" for example, and I don't necessarily agree with that, so it is less "true", or even "untrue". Now if you tell a man who was born blind that the "sky is blue", would he agree with you? He would say "I don't know". So it "sky is blue" true at that point, or is "less true"?

There is also overwhelming agreement that the illusion of separation is real. This has nothing to do with whether it's true or not.
the key master

Postby the key master » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:54 pm

tod wrote:
the key master wrote:
ww said: Regardless of the imaginings conscious being may or may not have temporarily adopted, it's unique aware consciousness that matters.

It sounds like "conscious being" is just a term you use to identify the human being you're appearing as and the thoughts you seem to be having. Maybe they ain't 'your' thoughts, and maybe "consciousness" isn't unique to anybody. What appears in consciousness is unique, and it ain't you. That's not denying self, that's addressing the delusion of being a separate appearance. There is a difference.

I understand the way WW is using the term "conscious being" as referring to the ability to consciously create/believe/imagine, and then consciously occupy that creation.

So not only are you creating stuff, but you're occupying it too? I think I know what you're saying, but I certainly wouldn't put it in those terms. If 'one' is under the delusion of being 'not one', that's not conscious creation. And yet, one does appear as many, but this doesn't make it other than one. Everything is a creation of consciousness, even the creations of unconscious people. Lots of context there...

On the other hand there is "unconscious being" referring to the ability to occupy a creation that is thought/believed not to have been created by the one being.

I think you mean mind identification, or the delusion of being a separate appearance?
the key master

Previous

Return to General Eckhart Tolle Discussion