Eckhart Tolle and Free teachings

Talk about anything Tolle-related here.

Eckhart Tolle and Free teachings

Postby OnthePath » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:32 pm

I just can't help noticing that Eckhart Tolle's TV rarely gives away teachings , videos or interviews of ET. I know there is no point in comparing him with other spiritual teachers, but when other teachers such as Byron Katie, Adyahsanti, Richard Moss and so many other spiritual teachers offer free stuff(free videos, ebooks, lessons, seminars etc...), I always wonder why ET TV never or seldom offers anything for free. So when I received an email saying that they are offering us a ton of free stuff of ET, I was excited and said" "Finally!". When I read it again, I realized it didn't come from ET, it came from SoundTrue. All I can say is that I'm really glad he is not the only spiritual teacher out there. :|
OnthePath

Re: Eckhart Tolle and Free teachings

Postby karmarider » Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:25 pm

Yes, I agree.

That ET and associated companies continue to make money from his teaching does not take away from the teaching, but it does tend to promote fluff.

Most of us don't mind paying for other things--books, movies and every other product and service we use in our lives. So it may seem a little strange that we don't feel right that money moves around for this particular message. Perhaps it's because we see money as an egoic thing, as one of humanity's more unconscious ideas, and don't want the contamination.

Whatever it is, for this kind of thing I prefer the business model which is based on voluntary donations.

Here's a guy who lives without money: https://sites.google.com/site/livingwithoutmoney/.
karmarider

Postby rideforever » Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:11 pm

It's easy to live without money, just walk into a commune, there are thousands, here's a link : http://directory.ic.org/

After you have lived there for a while you can rethink what money is all about and whether you want a part of it.
I was proud, and I demanded the finest teacher
.. .. and when he appeared
.. .. .. .. I was so small
rideforever

Postby OnthePath » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:46 am

I don't mind paying for good stuff, when I have the money of course and I do think that if I really needed something, then I would get it. If I don't need it, then I shouldn't have it. I have bought a lot of videos, books, seminars, audios because I felt that I needed them, but all those stores and websites had something free to offer and that's what actually encouraged me to buy from them. Every work deserves money. I just find it weird that ET TV is the only corporation in the spiritual field that doesn't offer anything for free.
OnthePath

Postby arel » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:56 am

Thinking about it I think taking money and resources from ego-identified individuals is a good idea. So what ET is doing is a service. Sure I'd be curious to know what he does with it. But from what I hear from him, he would know what to do with it to promote the general human well being better then all the people who are willing to pay those money. So I say charge them more. It's not like they are giving away money that would be used to feed their kids, or excercise or something else for relieving all the suffering out there.
What I say is only my viewpoint.
arel

Return to General Eckhart Tolle Discussion