Comfort zone

Talk about anything Tolle-related here.

Comfort zone

Postby esw18 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:53 am

Maybe a dumb question, but how do you people deal with stepping out of "your comfortzone"?

If i have to complete a difficult task, say public speaking, an intense physical challenge, or stepping up for myself... I just don't do it. I accept what happens at that time, and nothing seems to drive me to actualling doing it.

I don't know how to deal with this...

How do you step out of "your comfortzone"?
esw18

Re: Comfort zone

Postby Taylor-C » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:51 am

Take a step. What's the worst that could happen? You die? :lol:
Taylor-C

Postby magicbutterfly » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:22 pm

I know this is an old post. :D
The way I step out of my comfort zone is to create a new image of myself that has what it takes to do what is a challenge to the old image. For example with public speaking, I imagine myself being the kind of person who speaks in public with ease and then I enter the new image to get the job done. It's fun and often I just abandon the old image for ever.
Or when dealing with strangers at a party, I enter the image of a socially competent person as I dress and leave the couch potato on the couch reading a novel and eating bon bons to be reunited with after the party. :lol:
Extreme physical challenge? As long as it is within my physical capabilities, the same thing goes but in one area of my life I read many books on the subject (crossing an ocean in a small boat) and decided that if "they" could do it, then so could I.
Another example would be if I want to lose some weight and be fit, I wear the clothes of a fitter, trimmer person and the body follows the intention - I walk upstairs instead of taking the elevator, suck in my stomach as I walk, etc.
"As soon as you honor the present moment, all unhappiness and struggle dissolve, and life begins to flow with joy and ease." Ekhart Tolle, The Power of Now
magicbutterfly

Postby jimmyrich » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:12 am

The other day, I was my real self for a while and during that reality, I had a lot of guts and integrity that I rarely have as a little egoic person so I'd say our "comfort zone" expands dramatically when, as our biggest and realest self, there is no or little fear, shame, guilt, humiliation, trauma, drama, distractions or LIMITATIONS on us. The Real Self has a totally different and freer identity than our egoic self can even hope to embrace. :)
jimmyrich

Return to General Eckhart Tolle Discussion