Holding the Knowing

Talk about anything Tolle-related here.

Holding the Knowing

Postby alethea » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:34 pm

Hi there,

Do yuu guys hold your knowing when in contact with any person? As I've come to the realisation that some of my recent inertia has stemmed from thinking I've done something wrong or more specifically, being blamed (by my family mostly) and I fallen into the trap of believing them - spending hours thinking it was something I was doing wrong and trying countless ways to correct it.

So I think I keep forgetting to hold the knowing that every person I come into contact with has a mind and has unconcious mechanics operating (blame, defense, attack) and should hold my knowing around this.

Just putting this out there to see if anyone else has had the same.
alethea

Re: Holding the Knowing

Postby rideforever » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:39 pm

If you watch the patterns and behaviours inside you (and others) very very closely, accept them, own them - know that this is how you are actually operating ... then you become different. And then when you are with other people you hold the knowing and you are different.
I was proud, and I demanded the finest teacher
.. .. and when he appeared
.. .. .. .. I was so small
rideforever

Postby rachMiel » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:10 pm

It hit me a while back that when two people interact, most (sometimes all) of what's really going on is two imaginary beings having an imaginary interaction.

Ego_1 (a fictitious entity born of memory and habit) is interacting with Ego_2 (another fictitious entity). Since both parties are imaginary, how could the interaction itself be real?

Perhaps in seeing/realizing this, the interactors and interaction could both move away from fiction, thus towards the real?
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily ...
rachMiel

Postby rideforever » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:54 pm

Indeed ... but isn't the fiction created because there is no being within people.

Just the possibility to create one, just the seeds of a being.

This is the great discomfort ... we don't know how to BE ... because there is no Being. It is not that mankind has been so stupid for a hundred thousand years ... the discomfort is real - there is no Being ... and the taste of something missing.

The skeptics are right ... it is not that God has hidden dinosaur bones in the Earth or your being within you ... in order to give mankind a big headache. This is not it at all.

It is that we are embryonic entities, with the possibility to create light out of the darkness of the universe. We are not complete entities with a bid of blindness.

That is why being human is such a trial, with each taste of truth we taste our emptiness.

Just the taste that something might be created.

All the effort of struggle and self-awareness actually creates something that was not there before, something Real.
I was proud, and I demanded the finest teacher
.. .. and when he appeared
.. .. .. .. I was so small
rideforever

Postby tod » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:56 pm

I am rather wary about knowing.

Knowing seems to me to be a medium or context of or for experience. It appears that immediately consciousness knows something, it has positioned itself as an object into an environment of experience - but then this conscious object usually becomes more involved in exploring the 'known' environment and forgets that it placed itself there via knowing.

It appears that via this mechanism, consciousness has the ability to both create and discover immediately or in no time.
tod

Postby Yutso » Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:45 am

Alethea notes, "spending hours thinking it was something I was doing wrong and trying countless ways to correct it."

These authors might help. http://www.amazon.com/You-Are-Not-Your- ... 1583334262 Very Tolle like.
Yutso

Return to General Eckhart Tolle Discussion