The Emotional Cycle - Expression in Motion

Talk about anything Tolle-related here.

The Emotional Cycle - Expression in Motion

Postby ashley72 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:24 am

Emotions are merely human expression in motion!

I drew my inspiration for this "E-motional Cycle" from a number of online sources.

1. The first was from the deep relationship shared between the Quaternion group Q8 and the ancient chinese Yi Jing (I Ching) hexagrams. Note: Quaternions is the mathematical model used in spatial rotation... and can be used in quantum physics.

http://sureshemre.wordpress.com/2011/12/31/quaternion-group-q8-and-yi-jing-i-ching-hexagrams/

2. Secondly, was from a scientist who had related facial expressions of the mouth & eyes/brow to 64 hexagrams.

http://www.genecode.be/en/theory.html

3. Thirdly, the spherical arrangement of the I-Ching... a good source.

http://www.i-ching.hu/chp00/chp2/reconstruct.htm

Lastly I wanted to represent all the different emotions on a cyclic sphere. This way we truly see how the facial expressions may interact in different cycles.

One shortcoming of this representation is the labels given to each different facial expression.
ashley72

Re: The Emotional Cycle - Expression in Motion

Postby smiileyjen101 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:58 am

One shortcoming of this representation is the labels given to each different facial expression.

Yes because if from an 'other' they would be gauging and labelling based on their interpretation.

And the one making the face, when shown the picture may also not recognise & label it authentically.
Even if the two were working together there would be 'delay' in recognition, or inauthenticity in 'create a xyz face'.

But I agree with the 'words', sort of...hehehe!!
Emotions are merely human expression in motion!
Emotions are expression in motion - energy in motion - e-motion.

So the 'shortcoming' of labellling emotions have the same shortcomings - they're 'delayed' and when 'analysed' or 'reviewed' or 'replicated' they are no longer the 'authentic' expression in motion. Kind of like how the results of an experiment change when observed. Where you've added 'combinations' by merely adding kind of second person awareness, it changes the energy & therefore the expression.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Postby smiileyjen101 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:28 am

I feel the need to explain that more with an example.

Filmically, we recognise the energy in motion portrayed to our senses. In the Making of Portrait of a Lady by Jane Campion there is an excrutiating example. Jane wanted an absolutely emotionally decimated portrayal from Nicole Kidman, a very talented character actor with a wide emotional portrayal 'range'. The scene required absolute decimation, and in the portrayal by Nicole, Nicole's strengths as an actor 'tainted' the portrayal. She would cry and 'portray' how the character would feel and Jane would say, no, that's not it, I want more-less. Nicole would kind of go through her 'bank' of emotional range and try again, still no. Emotions did arise in the 'real' while trying to effect the 'fictional'.

I can't make this excrutiating enough - for nine hours the two battled (or three if you count the fictitious 'character') and raged as Jane wanted more-less, making Nicole cry over and over; and this was added to by the frustrations in motion from other cast and crew going over and over and over and over the same scene - some getting pissed off with Jane, others with Nicole, they'd get hungry and thirsty and need to go to the toilet, they were all getting tired, then changing sides, over and over and over for nine hours.

Finally Nicole melted in absolute frustration and despair at the situation (the real situation), she had 'had it!!' With Jane, with the movie, with the character, with the scene, with the whole situation. She had no energy left to 'portray' anyone or anything but her own authentic melt-down in despair and frustration.

At that moment Jane knew she 'had it'. Nicole was absolutely emotionally decimated.

Does that make sense of the 'separation' in terms of authenticity?

When you see that scene in the movie the energy in motion is palpable in its authenticity - of course if you see it on your way through a room going to the kitchen you're not going to 'absorb' its intensity because there are other elements in motion too. So it's always flawed - tainted by the combination of elements of energy in motion as a whole, multiplied by each other and the absence of others in 'delivery' and by all those things present and absent in the receiver, multiplied again by not just in the 'selected' combinations illustrated, or elements, but by all elements in their intensities across an infinite range of expression.

Eg: how 'happy' in degrees? and at what point does 'happy' flow into 'elation' or when did it change from 'relief' to happy, or surprise to happy, or is it a tiny bit happy in contrast to time spent in sadness?

Splitting these things up - just like putting cells in a test tube and adding 'sterile' other elements doesn't actually portray the whole picture.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Postby ashley72 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:57 am

As the sphere spins, you see how emotions relate to one another. i.e grief cycle, panic cycle, addiction cycle etc.

ashley72

Postby rideforever » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:20 am

What you are not drawing in the diagram is that for most people the emotionality is occurring in the mind, rather than in the emotional body.

And that is the problem.

People eat with their minds and become obese for instance.

Emotions aren't a problem in themselves.
I was proud, and I demanded the finest teacher
.. .. and when he appeared
.. .. .. .. I was so small
rideforever

Postby ashley72 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:25 am

I posted this thread sometime ago. But today I came across a new insight which extends my initial theory that emotional states revolve around a spherical structure.

Basically I have a theory that "emotions are expressions in motion". In other words, there is "state"" of agency that keeps changing as we rotate around a spherical structure. The mathematics are based on 4 dimensional quaternion mathematics... or spherical rotations in 3 dimensional space.

I came across this theory, Lövheim cube of emotion, that relates the 3 main neurotransmitters by a cube type structure which can express the 8 main emotional states humans experience.

Now, If you take this Lövheim cube of emotion theory a bit further you can assemble eight cubes together, which each represents a quadrant of a sphere... eight in total. Each of the quadrant of a sphere corresponds to each of the eight core emotions. reference here => https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L%C3%B6vheim_cube_of_emotion

1. Distress, Anguish
2. Shame, Humiliation
3. Contempt, Disgust
4. Enjoyment, Joy
5. Surprise
6. Fear, Terror
7. Anger, Rage
8. interest, Excitement

When I get some more spare time.... I would like to look at how increases in arousal, reinforcement, self-confidence cause our emotions to cycle around the sphere.

Another aspect how the 4th dimension "time" which is analogous to self-awareness or self-reflection causes the positive feedback and negative feedback loops that lead to a panic cycle.... from 1st order, 2nd order, 3rd anxiety models or feedback loops.
ashley72

Postby ashley72 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:17 am

ashley72

Return to General Eckhart Tolle Discussion