How can we accept heavy diseases ?

Talk about anything Tolle-related here.

How can we accept heavy diseases ?

Postby ranell » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:13 pm

Hello all,

It's not as simple as we think, how can we accept diagnostic when it's cancer or auto-immun disease ?

We are daily constrained to adapt ourselves with the disease especially when it grows to bad.

Did you practice meditation for self-healing ? Have any advice for me ?

All my positive thinks,
ranell

Re: How can we accept heavy diseases ?

Postby Yutso » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:19 pm

http://www.eckharttolletv.com/free/defa ... us-illness

Hoping for you that Tolle in his own voice is helpful.
Yutso

Postby lakeswimr » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:14 am

I hope this doesn't sound flippant because I don't mean it that way. The first thing that popped into my head when I read your post was, 'do we really have any choice? What is the other option?' Well, IME, the other option is to not accept things the way they are and to feel upset inside along with having to deal with the situation. To me accepting the situation (meaning accepting that the situation is) frees up energy to deal with the situation. It is easier to say than to do for many, though.

Best wishes to you.
lakeswimr

Postby Webwanderer » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:20 pm

ranell wrote:It's not as simple as we think, how can we accept diagnostic when it's cancer or auto-immun disease ?

We are daily constrained to adapt ourselves with the disease especially when it grows to bad.

In the broader view, we are eternal beings. It is from this view that all experience becomes acceptable. So, my suggestion is explore the broader view and gain a clear perspective from its all encompassing understanding. Every experience then becomes not so much a matter of life and death, or right and wrong, but of exploration and consciousness expansion.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby rideforever » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:24 pm

If I got a serious disease I would do a long fast (40 days) and take up one of the diets recommended on cancertutor.

Then I would do a large amount of pranayama which is healing for the body.

I would bring an end to all my activities / jobs ... and concentrate on facing everything that is within me and beg god for healing.

Taking the responsibility to do these things is ACCEPTANCE. Acceptance of what has happened, and what you have to do.

Terrible things are a motivator, that is the message to you, to start moving. Without the motivation of suffering people don't do anything.

Many people think acceptance is just to stop doing anything.

But that is a 'lesser' type of acceptance - because actually if you are aware of what is going on you will do something about it.

If there is a problem you will try to fix it.

If you do not try to fix it, you are not accepting it ... you are avoiding it.

These things test us to our very limits, shock us to our inner core ... and they demand from us a great change. When you have only one choice left you have to take it.

This comes to all of us in time.

I was just reading about P D Ouspensky; when he was old he was in a nursing home and close to death. The doctors found him walking around outside in the middle of the night and told him to get back into bed because he was close to death. He told them that he didn't want to be asleep when he died because he had spent his whole life trying to wake up, and he didn't want to miss the beauty of death. He died walking.

In 100 year everybody on the planet will have died. That is 7,000,000,000 people.
I was proud, and I demanded the finest teacher
.. .. and when he appeared
.. .. .. .. I was so small
rideforever

Postby Yutso » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:58 pm

Wow rideforever. Beautiful post. All of it really resonated deeply with me.
Yutso

Postby ranell » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:59 pm

Thank you a lot for your inspirational and motivating posts, when we are in such case , we've really in need to see world with other eyes.

I'm in a lack of word and also, i'm lacking wisdom certainly.
Death is not the major problem for me, maybe by some introspection i discovered that i'm only threatened about futur, i'm worried of pain especially when it becomes sometimes unlivable, i've some difficulties to manage it and it turns in vicious circle, i think that my worries amplify my perception of pain.

I'm just descovering interesting things on cancertutor, i've also found interesting things about autoimmune diseases.
I'll also look about Pranayama.

I've stopped working since many months, conventional treatment of such disease make us very negative and tired. I admit today that i hate modern medecine (i'm alone in this case ?) and if it wasn't a vital menace, i'll stop all treatments.

Let's talk a little bit Medecine - Spirituality :

I'm asking myself, is there any solid link between mind and immunity, could we (and how), through only thinking, destroying cancer or helping ou immunitary system to recognise that our body is safe (if we admit that it's safe) and stopping destroying him (autoimmune diseases)

That's really a pleasure to read you.
ranell

Postby rideforever » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:31 pm

I would say for autoimmune disease there are many good options; often this is the body fighting itself because it is confused at a very deep level.

There is a famous woman who had a serious disease who sat in a room for 14 days in order to face herself and admit all the problems; I think she was much healthier afterwards ... I do not remember her name.

Pranayama is very well known to heal the body at the energy level. Also, you can become very good at it and it can really work deeply. I have just finished 20 minutes of pranayama which I do every day. If you do it twice a day it is even better. I would strongly recommend it. It is good to find a good teacher. However the books from the "Bihar School of Yoga" are the standard textbooks and reliable. The most important pranayamas are : nadhi shodhan and ujjayi breathing.

Also there is a place called the "Scandinavian Yoga and Meditation School" where people go when they are ill, and they will teach you Pranayama and other yoga things that can heal. It is a good place.
I was proud, and I demanded the finest teacher
.. .. and when he appeared
.. .. .. .. I was so small
rideforever

Postby treasuretheday » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:32 pm

Hi Ranell! It's become such a cliche, but- take one moment at a time! You can deal with whatever is happening now! Thinking about what's going to be happening five hours from now could stir up unneccesary anxiety and fear.

Here's an example: It is 9:00 in the morning. You are at the clinic, arriving for a treatment. Someone helps you into a wheelchair. Be in the wheelchair. Now you are gliding down the hall. Be in that hall. Notice the artwork on the walls, the shiny floor beneath you, the voices of the people around. You are entering the treatment room. Notice the friendly smiles, the people there to assist you.

At 7:00 the evening before, when you are in your kitchen eating a beautiful meal, don't be in the treatment room! Be in your kitchen with your salad! Enjoy eating your dinner. The more you can go through your day like this, the more peace you will experience. The more peace you experience, the more healing energy you will generate.

Of course, it's easy to get ahead of ourselves. We can all put the proverbial cart before the horse. And usually the cart is full of garbage & the horse is unruly! Could we just as easily imagine something pleasant, positive & soothing? At first, it may not be so easy, but I think we can get into the habit!

Ready-made affirmations can assist with this. You might turn to them when your head is over-flowing with anxious thoughts. Here are a few ideas: 1) Everyday, in every way, I am getting better & better. 2) Wellness flows throughout my being. 3) My treatments are enhancing my well-being. 4) Peace and contentment are within me. 5) Loving energy is guiding and supporting me every moment of every day.

Yes, meditation could be helpful. Rideforever's ideas sound intriguing. Also, maybe your doctor can even suggest a program in your area to help you get started.

Also, If you feel moved to pray, pray! Life can become your prayer! Dedicating yourself to finding something that you love in each moment makes life a prayer. If you are in pain, and think, "There's nothing to love about this moment!" remember-- your willingness to be loving is quite lovable! If you notice that there is impatience coming up, or frustration, or anger or fear, you can say, "I accept that there is fear. I still love this moment, however it shows up. This is the precious present."

Acceptance always lightens everything up. (Acceptance doesn't mean we like a situation. We just stop fighting with it, & that saves a boatload of energy that you can put toward loving yourself!).

I send you my wishes for peace, comfort and healing. If you are not opposed to prayer, Ranell, I will pray for you!
Life itself is the proper binge.
-Julia Child
treasuretheday

Postby ranell » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:34 pm

That's really a nice words that i'm reading, Thanks, Thanks ..

Thanks for reminding me for such basic thing that i've forgotten, due difficult circumstance that i'm living now and that we are spiritual being having humain experience before all.

Thank you for your tips, for your precious prayers.

There is, indeed, a work to do to face everything happens to me, i'll try to do it.

All my positives feelings.

ranell

Postby treasuretheday » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:43 pm

Prayers and positive energy coming your way, Ranell...! :)

What a beautiful image you posted. I love the gratitude board! Fantastic! :D
Life itself is the proper binge.
-Julia Child
treasuretheday

Postby ranell » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:23 pm

I'm glad that you like it Treasuretheday :)
ranell

Postby smiileyjen101 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:09 am

I'm asking myself, is there any solid link between mind and immunity, could we (and how), through only thinking, destroying cancer or helping our immunitary system to recognise that our body is safe (if we admit that it's safe) and stopping destroying him (autoimmune diseases)

Ranell, you may find Anita Moorjani's book 'Dying to be me' interesting.

This review discusses its content in detail.

http://www.anitamoorjani.com/inprint/BookReview001.pdf

Louise Hay's book/s / DVDs etc also discuss this issue (You can heal your life ~ Heal your body ~ The power is within you)

As fields of energy receiving, producing and emitting energy at different frequencies / vibrations, the human body (and all of creation) is eternally changing, flowing energy. If you keep an electric charge against your skin you will burn it /damage it... yes?

Thoughts are part of the transfer of energy, communicating in our bodies in receiving, responding.

If you want to test this think something wonderful and notice your body's response.... then think something terrible and see the biophysical changes.

Dr John Gottman explains this really well in his research on relationships.

Illness - dis-ease, or at least the opening to let it take hold, may be self created, or may be relationally transferred. Often it's a bit of both, someone says something negative, one then thinks something negative, maybe then reacts negatively.. the energy level and intensity continues.

Dr John Gottman's relationship studies showed that a person subjected to the energy of contempt in a relationship will manifest a serious illness in their body within four years. The energy of contempt for example is denser in the energy frequency than criticism. It's like turning the heat up.

What Moorjani, Hays and many many others over time know and discuss is that if we are aware of the frequency of our thoughts we can recallibrate them (change stations basically) into healing, rather than harmful energy flows. This then meets the energy flows of criticism or contempt from self or others and reframes them, reroutes them into loving, healing energy frequencies that harmonise rather than attack the body.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Postby psirotta » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:52 pm

To accept something does not mean we have to be happy about it. I have several serious diseases, at least one of which will almost certainly kill me eventually. Am I happy about it? Of course not. If I were, you could add "insanity" to my list of diseases (maybe it's already on there, actually).

What accepting means to me is that I am not angry or depressed about it, nor do I think I am being treated unfairly, or that life has dealt me a low blow, or that the future is bleak, or that others have it so much better, or that stuff always happens to me, or any of that other crap. That mental-emotional resistance would only add extra suffering of my own making to the mix. So, although I am not happy about it, I am at peace with it.

Life is challenging enough without adding self-created suffering to it, don't you agree?
psirotta

Postby Webwanderer » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:06 pm

psirotta wrote:Life is challenging enough without adding self-created suffering to it, don't you agree?

100%

WW
Webwanderer

Next

Return to General Eckhart Tolle Discussion