The Six Planes of Higher Consciousness

Talk about anything Tolle-related here.

The Six Planes of Higher Consciousness

Postby honeybee88 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:56 am

I think this is fascinating and correlates with Eckharts teachings perfectly.

The below link explores the six planes of consciousness which you are likely to experience on your path to enlightenment. It all rings very true to me.

http://www.themystic.org/print/planes.htm

Does it seem to ring true for you also?
honeybee88

Re: The Six Planes of Higher Consciousness

Postby karmarider » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:14 am

Honestly, I almost didn't click through the link because I thought it would be nonsense, but it's actually pretty good. It's a little misleading; well, at least in my experience, I haven't felt six distinct levels of consciousness. It's more interweaved, back-and-forth. But there is truth in it.
karmarider

Postby honeybee88 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:32 pm

Yes the whole website is actually good. I think the title of the website 'theMystic' may put people off but everything this guy talks about is almost exactly the same as what Eckhart is focused on in his teachings.

It goes into a lot of detail in regards to different stages of the journey one is likely to experience when on the path to enlightenment and also talks about the good and bad that you will encounter on the path, which I think a lot of people will relate to, especially if your just starting out.

So to anyone that is looking for teachings and inspiration similar to that of Eckhart, then definitely check out the website below. I found it very interesting when I first came across it and found a lot of help, tips and techniques presented in a clear, simple and understandable way, a lot like Eckhart. It just gets straight to the core and a lot of the terminology is the same as well.

http://www.themystic.org/index.htm
honeybee88

Postby honeybee88 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:46 pm

Also I just found out the guy that wrote the above website, Graham V. Ledgerwood has a book on Amazon which explores everything that is on his site.

What I find interesting is that the the book was released in 1989 so quite a while before Eckhart came out with his books, but from reading reviews and excerpts they are almost identical in content.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Keys-Higher-Con ... 0962384003

Not that its a bad thing. I think its great that there are a lot of inspirational authors that explore the core of what spirituality is really about, without all the doctrines and man made religions.

They both focus on universal truths which is why I think they both resonate with me so much in what they talk about. Its hard for it not to if what is being said is true to who you really are.
honeybee88

Postby smiileyjen101 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:00 am

I had to smile at this calm-man
Honestly, I almost didn't click through the link because I thought it would be nonsense, but it's actually pretty good.
:D
There's that 'pre-judice' in motion and I'm thrilled that you felt, weighted, did it anyway, and admitted the process in authenticity.
I kind of went... okay I'll go see too..... :P

He does mention that folks can go up and down and in and around them, no one stays in the same 'state' all the time, being aware of and experiencing the different states though, having simultaneous access, knowingly, and at will... that's the key.

sometimes when one sees/feels the opportunity wherein they 'could' be 'the instrument' they can very well say 'Nah, (no thank you) not today.' ...it's not as if we're the 'only' instruments available. :wink:

I also like that he notices and illustrates equilibrium in the Integration stage (and cute that Integration means Unification)

- his example busily calm ~ calmly busy.

Honeybee said: I think the title of the website 'theMystic' may put people off but everything this guy talks about is almost exactly the same as what Eckhart is focused on in his teachings.

ah darn why can't we come up with 'non-threatening' words... why is 'themystic' so threatening to 'self' anyway? :lol:

( please, take my offering as seriously flippant ~ flippantly serious :wink: )
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Postby rideforever » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:40 pm

At Stage 6 the author says you still don't know what to do with your life and can become tyrannical with your new powers, overestimating your powers and thinking yourself God.

Well I must say this is a load of BS.

If you still don't know who you are and what your place is in the universe ... how high up have you ascended actually ? And all this talk of your "power" ... and you don't know who you are ?

And then he talks about "appreciating" your new power ... so what is this Stage 7 ??? Stage 6 (b) ??

Isn't this obvious ignorance ???

Sometimes it seems that people today are so hopeless that they think that if they can tie their shoelaces then they must be enlightened !!!

You would be better off reading the testimony of Buddha, Jesus, Osho, Bodhidharma ... and staying away from the vast garbage dump of the internet.
I was proud, and I demanded the finest teacher
.. .. and when he appeared
.. .. .. .. I was so small
rideforever

Postby Onceler » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:03 pm

I agree, rideforever. This kind of writing is so misleading and beside the point of the simplicity of finding ones essential nature. More layers and filters to discard and burn thru.
Be present, be pleasant.
Onceler

Postby smiileyjen101 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:03 am

At Stage 6 the author says you still don't know what to do with your life and can become tyrannical with your new powers, overestimating your powers and thinking yourself God.

Forgive me here rideforever (give me some latitude).

The rest of your post is kinda a perfect example of it :wink:
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
smiileyjen101

Postby treasuretheday » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:51 am

rideforever wrote:Sometimes it seems that people today are so hopeless that they think that if they can tie their shoelaces then they must be enlightened !!!
:lol:
Which is why I keep wearing shoes that have velcro closures. No black belt here! Maybe for me, lace-up shoes shall remain ever elusive.
rideforever wrote:You would be better off reading the testimony of Buddha, Jesus, Osho, Bodhidharma ...

Great suggestion! I'd add the Tao Te Ching and the Bhagavad-Gita to the reading list. I'd add lots of great poetry and well-written fiction, and many different kinds of music, and a wide variety of art. And definitely "the book" of nature.

My brother & his wife are flying in from San Diego today! Huge dinner party tonight, big brunch tomorrow. So excited. Not sure any of that counts on the Higher Consciousness "hierarchy!" :)

Bye.

Happy Easter, everyone!
Life itself is the proper binge.
-Julia Child
treasuretheday

Postby GershonRoche » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:08 am

Yes that is a great article by 'The Mystic', however, I was introduced to the concept of 'planes' of consciousness by another spiritual teacher: Mary O'Malley. She also speaks of six phases/levels of consciousness as well, but from a different perspective, that I believe is quite in line with Tolle's teachings. Her's are much more about levels of awareness and how we perceive ourselves, life and the world around us. There's a complete expounding of her philosophy here: http://www.consciouslifestylemag.com/the-six-levels-of-higher-consciousness-how-to-make-the-shift/

I really like how she summarizes the different phases and it reminds me quite a bit of many passages in Power of Now and some of Eckhart's later work and dialogues. What do you guys think?

Also to note on this subject is the late David Hawkins work in Power vs. Force -- another brilliant spiritual teacher who set out to quantify levels of consciousness. Well worth a read if you're into this kind of thing...

Gershon
GershonRoche

Postby smiileyjen101 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:12 am

Hello Gershon, and thank you for posting that link, the article is very helpful and well written. Fortuitous indeed :)

“Six Phases of Higher Consciousness.”

1. Life happens to you.
2. Life happens by you.
3. Life happens in you.
4. Life happens for you.
5. Life happens through you.
6. Life is you.

I also like that she acknowledges that we flow between the levels of consciousness (daily or moment by moment even) depending on how attached to the 'spells' as she calls them, Don Miguel Ruiz might call them false agreements, and others would call them other - even 'wrong thinking' or sin that creates the experience of suffering (maybe, :wink:).

I wonder what others think, letting go of the life happens by, or in you - it seems to speak to the LOA, and yes I'm heartened/relieved to know that no one put up their hand when asked how many had manifested their 'perfect' life.

It comes, as life is wont to, just while I've been curious about rising awareness that life doesn't just flow through me, as I had become comfortable floating/playing in, (ala, I am the hole in the flute through which the Christ breath flows, listen to the music - Ferez) while absolutely accepting and acknowledging the influences of the other 'spells' and stage acceptances. That stage - life flows / happens through you, is fun - not all the time, but even when it's not there is a sense of the impermanence of that particular energy flowing, and the awareness of the energy in motion itself - the next stage is a little more sobering.

This life is you thing,...
The more you can stand with Life, allowing it to move through you rather than reacting to it or controlling it, the more you begin to get glimpses of the sixth level of consciousness in which you see that Life is you. You are no longer a separate being. Instead, you merge completely back into the creative flow of Life, understanding that everything—every rock, person, cloud, molecule and ladybug—is you. You are Life! As Eckhart Tolle said, “You are not in the universe; you are the universe, an intrinsic part of it. Ultimately you are not a person, but a focal point where the universe is becoming conscious of itself. What an amazing miracle.”
... it's heavy :wink:

Thank you again for posting it. I too would love to hear what the community think about it.
You may have given this thread a whole new life :D
smiileyjen101

Postby beginnersmind » Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:50 pm

rideforever wrote:At Stage 6 the author says you still don't know what to do with your life and can become tyrannical with your new powers, overestimating your powers and thinking yourself God.

Well I must say this is a load of BS.

If you still don't know who you are and what your place is in the universe ... how high up have you ascended actually ? And all this talk of your "power" ... and you don't know who you are ?

And then he talks about "appreciating" your new power ... so what is this Stage 7 ??? Stage 6 (b) ??

Isn't this obvious ignorance ???

Sometimes it seems that people today are so hopeless that they think that if they can tie their shoelaces then they must be enlightened !!!

You would be better off reading the testimony of Buddha, Jesus, Osho, Bodhidharma ... and staying away from the vast garbage dump of the internet.

I agree with what Onceler said. Adi Da claimed to be at stage 7 and his ego was bigger than most people's. Same with Osho (Rajneesh). He made claims about enlightenment, yet his behavior was anything but. He was a hedonistic- materialistic, abusive drug addict with more scandals following him than the shadiest of politicians.
beginnersmind

Return to General Eckhart Tolle Discussion