The Unmanifested

Talk about anything Tolle-related here.

The Unmanifested

Postby Leon » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:41 pm

Eckhart Tolle seems to offer contact with the Unmanifested, or the Source, as the prize for following his teachings. I cannot seem to reach the Unmanifested (or I am unaware that I have reached it). I am especially eager to succeed because Tolle describes the Unmanifested as a place of "peace and joy." Can anyone offer help or describe his or her experience in trying to make this contact?

Leon
Freed from religion
Leon

Re: The Unmanifested

Postby Webwanderer » Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:31 am

Leon wrote:Can anyone offer help or describe his or her experience in trying to make this contact?

Resting deeply in an endless sea of conscious clarity, free from material concerns and attractive thoughts even though it be for but a few seconds. Breathe deeply into silent presence and rest/coast in the joy of simply being.
Don't underestimate the power of breath while in a relaxed focus/openness on clarity of being.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby rachMiel » Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:54 am

Webwanderer wrote:
Leon wrote:Can anyone offer help or describe his or her experience in trying to make this contact?

Resting deeply in an endless sea of conscious clarity, free from material concerns and attractive thoughts even though it be for but a few seconds. Breathe deeply into silent presence and rest/coast in the joy of simply being.
Don't underestimate the power of breath while in a relaxed focus/openness on clarity of being.

WW

Sweet, WW. :-)
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily ...
rachMiel

Postby oak tree » Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:25 pm

Hi Leon,

Perhaps you have been unable to reach it because you are it already. Literally. Here and now you are it.

I suggest you have a look for what's already here. What has always been here.

Between thoughts there is a gap. However brief if may be. My suggestion is keep watching these gaps. Be more interested in the gaps between thoughts than the thoughts themselves. Don't force them. Just look at them.

My opinion is that we are often looking for something extraordinary when in reality its simple and ordinary.
oak tree

Postby kiki » Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:18 pm

My opinion is that we are often looking for something extraordinary when in reality its simple and ordinary.

That's right.
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---
Your donation will help keep us online.
kiki

Postby rideforever » Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:56 pm

What it is is just the beginning. And at the beginning that seems like everything.

But there is a continued journey to take towards the Truth. And this journey is unlimited. Anything may be possible, including becoming a deity. No-one has found any limits.

Truth is evolving.

Transcend all sense of wanting to "feel good". All sense of being human. All sense of existence being different from non-existence. The scale of this is vast. Impossibly vast.
I was proud, and I demanded the finest teacher
.. .. and when he appeared
.. .. .. .. I was so small
rideforever

Postby Onceler » Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:12 pm

kiki wrote:

That's right.

Bingo! This is my experience as well.....the ordinariness of it is stunning.
Be present, be pleasant.
Onceler

Postby Leon » Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:13 pm

Thank you all for your insightful and heartening replies to my question. I will reread and study them.

Leon
Freed from religion
Leon

Postby TemporalDissonance » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:26 pm

Onceler wrote:
kiki wrote:

That's right.

I can't agree more. It is that which is left when one literally takes away everything, including the seeker.
TemporalDissonance

Postby smiileyjen101 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:11 am

Onceler wrote:
kiki wrote:

Oaktree wrote:

That's right.

TemporalDissonance: I can't agree more. It is that which is left when one literally takes away everything, including the seeker.

Hahaha!! see how the layers grow over that which is not manifest! (I would have embedded all the quotes within the quote, but the program will only allow three, but you can see the layers stacking up.)

Manifest merely means - Clearly apparent to the sight or understanding; obvious.

When one can notice the layers of causality, interpretation and understanding of a 'thing' one sees that the layers are superficial, temporary and angled from the perspective of the viewer/seeker. Without these layers the 'thing' just is.

The 'source' then, is just purity, naked is-ness, unlayered by perspective, opinion, judgement etc

Liken it to a sigh - the letting go of in-spir-ation - where mind makes 'sense' by layering, labelling etc - the thought before a sigh is gone - poof - vanish - and in that moment there just 'is', and what 'is', is peace.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Postby TemporalDissonance » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:33 am

kiki wrote:
Oaktree wrote:

That's right.

Onceler wrote:Bingo! This is my experience as well.....the ordinariness of it is stunning.
[/quote]

TemporalDissonance: I can't agree more. It is that which is left when one literally takes away everything, including the seeker.

smiileyjen101 wrote:Hahaha!! see how the layers grow over that which is not manifest! (I would have embedded all the quotes within the quote, but the program will only allow three, but you can see the layers stacking up.)

Manifest merely means - Clearly apparent to the sight or understanding; obvious.

When one can notice the layers of causality, interpretation and understanding of a 'thing' one sees that the layers are superficial, temporary and angled from the perspective of the viewer/seeker. Without these layers the 'thing' just is.

The 'source' then, is just purity, naked is-ness, unlayered by perspective, opinion, judgement etc

Liken it to a sigh - the letting go of in-spir-ation - where mind makes 'sense' by layering, labelling etc - the thought before a sigh is gone - poof - vanish - and in that moment there just 'is', and what 'is', is peace.
[/quote]

And just for that, I will add another layer of quotes for you smiileyjen101 :)
TemporalDissonance

Return to General Eckhart Tolle Discussion