Talents and reincarnation and so on

Talk about anything Tolle-related here.

Talents and reincarnation and so on

Postby Marcell » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:19 pm

What I always wonder with Eckharts teaching is how something like that fits in, like I saw the video where he talked about reincarnation but I always think about the Dalai Lama and hes is said to be reborn over and over again. Same with talents I can`t imagine anyone born into this world and can right away play such awsome music out of nothing. So is there some kind of evolution of ones soul or something but then again Eckhart says there is no tiny self only the big one consciousness and not no lil mes, it confuses me...
Marcell

Re: Talents and reincarnation and so on

Postby Mark001 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:12 pm

I personally don't think it works that way.. There are more factors that play a role when for instance you can play awesome music when you're young:
- Your genes
- Your upbringing
- Your state of consciousness
- The things you do: does every talent even get recognized?
Maybe the energy of one's soul can drive you to do certain things in a certain state of consciousness, which will give rise to talent? I don't think this question can be answered at the moment :mrgreen:
Mark001

Postby Marcell » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:24 pm

What if the kids parents were no musicians in any way... I mean I think you have a point but then the dalai lama - what about the genes and upbringing and "- Your state of consciousness " so does that kindof I dont know how to say in english - stays with your soul?
Marcell

Postby dijmart » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:19 pm

Eckhart has said all creativity comes from consciousness and being in the present moment. Even if the person is not present in other areas of their life.

I don't think it comes from reincarnation, even with children. My son in his early teens picked up an electric guitar and taught himself to play it and he's damn good. I think he's talented, but I don't think its because he was a guitar player in another life.

I think he was given the skill set with this life, had the urge to play and taped into the present moment and made it happen!
Take what you like and leave the rest.
dijmart

Postby smiileyjen101 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:15 am

My take is that when energy comes into form it takes on a person-ality.
The Dalai Lama suggested that next time it would be good if the person-ality was female :wink:

Being aware that the person-ality is impermanently and only physically separated from all energy while in form allows us to not forget who we really are.

Whether one does realise this in this person-ality is the growth of awareness.

There is discussion and reportage of where the previous person-ality energy is remembered, such as the Dalai Lama's 'tests'. And in a book called Old Souls by Tom Schroder. This book details where the 'bleeding' of person-ality energy affects those born into a new form - person-ality, and where they remember elements of unfinished business of the old personality. It's fascinating reading. It helped me to understand element that my own daughter would recall when she was young but with a very high level of communication skills for her age, and before her 'new' personal-ity had fully formed and taken over her sense of 'self'.

This too is impermanent and is only experienced in the slowed down form of clothing ourselves in a 'body'. In some ways it supports what ET says, rather than be at odds with it.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Postby Marcell » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:58 pm

Nothing makes sense. NOTHING
Marcell

Return to General Eckhart Tolle Discussion